Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 197 198 [199] 200 201 ... 213

Author Topic: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game  (Read 259052 times)

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
Re: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game
« Reply #2970 on: December 27, 2013, 07:58:48 am »

"Chemista," you begin, "Tell me about my old team."
Chemista gives you a nod, before replying "Supersteel, Heroic Girl, Yo-Yo Kid and Knighthowl. I won't discuss the mutt, since we 'defeated' him already. The others...well, Supersteel was a sort of warrior with bright flashing teeth and heavily clad in...steel armor. He could command metals, and use them to form strong weapons to strike the enemy down. Heroic Girl was simply that -a girl wearing one of those obscene costumes that are so much hyped and show off all the thighs and give a pretty buxom. She could fly, had super-strength...you know, if it weren't for the name they'd have copyright infringed her so hard she'd be bleeding on the ground already. Yo-Yo kid was the bastard," here she nods firmly, "He was an absolute, utter moron. I warmly nicknamed him the bastard. And a bastard he is and a bastard he remains. I killed his family, slaughtered his pet animals, tortured his only living friends and the bastard had the audacity of still smiling off that creepy utterly insane smile of his and say that he forgave me and wanted me to repent for my sins. He's an idiot. An imbecile, an utterly impossible to make cry bastard."
She mutters it once more, "Bastard," before crossing her arms over her chest.
"About the bioweapon?"
"It is ready, your evilness. I could...technically, do something better with it," here she smiles coyly. "If we had access to that Mindium shard...I could insert it into the blowing reactor of the bomb and turn an entire city -or those who survived anyway- into a mass of loyal underlings for only a 'turn' duration. Meaning it would be a devastating force to strike at the Heroes association, but would get us only one fourth of the way through. Of course, it would mean the utter destruction of the city and thousands of thousands of innocent civilians dying because of failed mutations...but those are meaningless anyway," she shrugs, "I would hold a funeral service for the dead monsters though. They deserve it for their heroic sacrifice."
"But if I use the Mindium shard on the people..."
"Then you won't be able to use it for Cheerful Cheerie's well-being. Indeed, your evilness. Then again, she can always commit suicide," she says that offhandedly, making a clear gesture she'd be more than willing to 'slice the neck' off herself, "and that would solve all problems, wouldn't it?"
"I need to think about it."

You decide you'll think about it, and then head off to visit Cheerie in her 'suite'.

She's been given a 'frailer' version of her android-side parts, probably to prevent breaking through. She's covered in foam, that is turning a light green color as time passes by.
"Hi," she mumbles weakly, raising her burned hand. "I look ugly, don't I?" she mutters.
"I saw worse," you reply from the other side of the glass.
"I'm feeling like shit -in case you were about to ask," she exhales heavily. "I...I want to murder you and rip your intestines out and devour them," she blurts out with a demented smile. A moment later she grimaces, the mad smile disappearing from her face quickly, "Sorry," she adds then. "It's not...easy, to keep the Cheerful in."
You remain quiet, watching the foam work its way.
"Your advisors don't seem to like me," she says with a hesitant smile. "Might have something to do with being a genocidal madwoman?"
"You have that in common with Chemista," you remark, "And if you remove the madwoman part, it's not like my hands are clean either."
"So...you just came for a chat?"
"I wanted to know...what did they do to you?"
"They...needles. Lots of needles. The smell of burnt bones. Did you know bones can start to make smoke if a screwdriver is applied with enough of a spin? Directly into the brain, did you know that needles in the brain make your body twitch in different ways? It was...it was fun. Yeah, it was fun! I'd do it again in a heartbeat!" she cackles, tears running down her human half's eyes. "It was very funny. The facility was...the Asylum...the underground...it was...horrible...the bodies...the tanks, the pentagrams, the smell of candles...the grins in the mirrors...the screams! The people crying! The women bleeding out on altars for rituals..." she starts to shudder, "I don't want to remember anymore, please make the pain go away," she pleads. "Go-Go-Away, Pain Go-Go-Away...I used to sing that, didn't I? Cheer that when someone got wounded on a sport trip...during training...and you'd go..."
"Here comes Cheerful Gal" you mutter, "Her cheers shall light the stands! Everybody, just clap your hands!"
She smiles ruefully. "Yeah...just like that."
You grimace in pain, holding the side of your head.
It's like somebody decided to split it open with an axe.
Right...
Maybe you are the one who needs the Mindium shard more than anyone else.

You decide to build a Thermal Generator on the volcano.
Hence, you do just that.
Your cogs start to work, covering themselves in plastic to avoid getting the salt in their cogs. Psysquid-family helps out with their psychic powers of doom, despair and seeing-things-that-aren't-meant to be seen.

Thermal Generator: Doubles Unit Production.
Can now build up to a maximum of Twenty Normal Cogs in one turn before starting to build at a doubled pace.
Same concept applies for the rest of units.

And then, you turn thoughtful.
Anything else you wish to do in the Downkeep of the last turn, or shall we move in the Upkeep of a new turn?
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2971 on: December 27, 2013, 09:01:54 am »

I swear, every time Shadenight posts something after a long absence, I feel like I felt back when I just got back home from the army and my then-girlfriend was waiting for me in a nightdress.

I hope you are doing fine, Shade. Our planet needs people like you.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2972 on: December 27, 2013, 09:21:21 am »

Glad to see you back, Shade. I wish that everything is going better now, or that at least you got used to all the stuff.

As for the actions:
-Training: Chemista and Splintercog. Because they are our control-focused pair.
-Minions: Build machinegun guardogs.
-Summoning: Oh, god, this will bring problems, but let's focus: what do we need? (Hint: I don't know what to summon)

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2973 on: December 27, 2013, 09:56:54 am »

I say we build normal, attack-oriented assault cogs, send Cheerie to the training room to see what she can do in her current state and sacrifice a live cog with some dead fish and a magic crystal to summon a necromancer.

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2974 on: December 27, 2013, 09:57:43 am »

Glad to see you back, Shade. I wish that everything is going better now, or that at least you got used to all the stuff.

As for the actions:
-Training: Chemista and Splintercog. Because they are our control-focused pair.
-Minions: Build machinegun guardogs.
-Summoning: Oh, god, this will bring problems, but let's focus: what do we need? (Hint: I don't know what to summon)
+1
Summoning:
Sacrifice volcanic rocks and goo (from Chemista preferably)

It remains to be seen what happens with steel, magic crystal, and our blood - but I strongly suspect it 1) has something to do with magic, 2) will be tough, 3) can fight.
Favor the latter, but we are yet to do either.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2975 on: December 27, 2013, 10:01:19 am »

I say we build normal, attack-oriented assault cogs, send Cheerie to the training room to see what she can do in her current state and sacrifice a live cog with some dead fish and a magic crystal to summon a necromancer.
I said before that we needed a cog-o-mancer. One that can revive cogs.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2976 on: December 27, 2013, 10:10:24 am »

Wait, let's just build an assload of normal cogs.

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2977 on: December 27, 2013, 10:13:32 am »

Would think a skull, black robes, a magic crystal, and maybe something dead would get a necromancer, cog-o-mancer seems a waste, when we could have a genuine necromancer.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2978 on: December 27, 2013, 10:15:20 am »

Wait, let's just build an assload of normal cogs.
Why? We have almost reached our maximum capacity from our zeppellins. Now we need to increase the eficiency of the cog, as having more of them won't change anything.

An army of cogs for the final battle is a different subject.

Would think a skull, black robes, a magic crystal, and maybe something dead would get a necromancer, cog-o-mancer seems a waste, when we could have a genuine necromancer.
It depends on if shambling corpses are more useful than having resurrecting cogs.

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2979 on: December 27, 2013, 10:32:46 am »

Considering corpses can have a variety of forms, from downed enemies to our own losses, yes I believe they are more valuable than bringing back our already easily replaceable fodder.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2980 on: December 27, 2013, 10:59:26 am »

Good point, Tomcost, let's build asault cogs. Not asault guardogs, as they focus exclusively on defence.

Also, send Ragnarok to training instead of Cheerie. The kid has got to have other abilities, so let's find out.

And speaking of final battle, I say we give Cerulean the staff somewhere in the middle of this book and send her on some missions after that, so that when we go to end this once and for all, we have an experienced dark advisor of a daughter who will wait back at the base and succeed us if we fail.

EDIT: What does Cheerie look like, anyway? I understand that she is half-mechanical half-burned-human, but does her human part still have at least some of her skin intact? Is her fleshy face disfigured? Is her mechanical face ugly or unsetting? Does she resemble someone out of a disability awareness PSA, scarred but still conventionally attractive, or someone out of a horror flick?

If she is ugly, I suggest we make her a new, beautiful mechanical face as a gift and an emotional crutch.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 04:36:44 pm by Knit tie »

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2981 on: December 28, 2013, 12:34:20 am »

Bloody hell, Cheerie really needs that mindium shard.

EDIT: What does Cheerie look like, anyway? I understand that she is half-mechanical half-burned-human, but does her human part still have at least some of her skin intact? Is her fleshy face disfigured? Is her mechanical face ugly or unsetting? Does she resemble someone out of a disability awareness PSA, scarred but still conventionally attractive, or someone out of a horror flick?

If she is ugly, I suggest we make her a new, beautiful mechanical face as a gift and an emotional crutch.
+1

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2982 on: December 28, 2013, 05:35:55 am »

All dat grimdark.

Training : Chemista and Splintercog, although it may end badly for us, because considering how evil they are...
Minions : Machinegun guardogs

Sacrifice I am still unsure.

Bloody hell, Cheerie really needs that mindium shard.

I'm not so sure. Cheerie may need it. What about Cerulean ? What about Psysquid, with the extra thing that he suffered what he suffered in the Yellow King dimension by our choices, unlike the two girls ?

I say acquire it and use it on us. I am pretty sure Shadenight is preparing something like a split personality takeover by the old Silver or something equally as !!FUN!! coming from our double personality issues for the grand finale of this story.

Still, we have mountains of money. Acquire counseling for our daughter, Psysquid and Cheerie. And acquire the best.

Though considering how grimdark this world is i'm pretty sure someone cursed all psychiatrists with horrible nightmares from their patients or whatever horrible fate and they are all running around naked and babbling.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 06:25:03 am by Naryar »

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2983 on: December 28, 2013, 08:41:15 am »

You are now in upkeep

Chemista and Splinter Cog enter the training grounds.
They emerge a few moments later, Splinter-Cog covered in Goo and Chemista looking angry.
"No way I'm working with this guy."
"Objective neutralized," the thing remarks, "Objective neutralized."
"You do not throw a grenade when I'm trying to choke someone!"
"Objective neutralized. Your reasons are illogical."
Well, apparently Chemista and Splinter Cog do not share any 'buddy' system at all.

You build, in the entire turn, six machinegun guardogs.

For the sacrifice, you opt for Chemista's goo and some volcanic rock.
What's the worse that can happen?

I call thee forth, Volcanic Rocky Magma Goo!
And mom, if you hear my call too,
know that I love you!
Cause the moon shines brightly tonight!
And we're in for a party all right!

The objects shine brightly, before revealing a sort of rocky shapeshifting creature, of a light brown color that rolls softly down with a 'plop' from the altar.
It stands then tall, humanoid-like, small fires erupting from its rock-shaped pores of his back.
"I am Sedimentary Plateau," it states gravely, "I rock," it adds then. You feel extremely cold from such a horrendous freezing pun.
"Uhm..."
"Knock. Knock."
"What?"
"It's me. Sediment."
"Sediment...who?"
"Sedimentary Plateau," it remarks. "I rock."
"Are you done?" you ask, raising an eyebrow.
"I'm pressed," it replies.
"All right, you're added to the list of 'Dark Minions that cannot speak'. Off you go, now."
The thing carefully slinks its way out of your sight. Probably to find a nice spot to keep up his cold and horrendous jokes of doom and death.

You have acquired a Sedimentary Plateau!

The time for missions begins then. This time, however, there are four scrolls. One is a dark, black and filled with golden decorations that recites FINAL BATTLE. You raise an eyebrow at that.
"Chemista?"
"Yes, your evilness?"
"What is that?"
"The final battle plan? Of course, that is now available but you aren't forced to take it on now. You can simply take it whenever you wish."
"Really?" you reply.
"Yes, and of course we can plan an amphibious assault with the backup base, should you wish for it," Chemista nods. "That would remove any need for upgrading or improving Zeppelins, since the backup base can carry all of the troops you build, your evilness."
"Oh," you blink in surprise. "That's good."
"Yep."
"So...missions?"

Psysquid enters the room, carrying three scrolls with him. "Here they are, your evilness!"

Hero City Chosen!

1) Stop the trains! Stop the trains! You forgot to stop the trains! Mixed "They are evacuating the city, carrying all the citizens into the capital," Psysquid remarks, "But if they do that, apart from the city being reduced to the barebone," he adds, "It would also mean they're planning on turning the citizens into heroes, or using them as cheap and disposable individuals known as 'meat-shields'. We could avoid that by destroying the railway systems. Of course, it would mean tearing apart much of the needed infrastructure that every-day people need...but then again, everyday people can also go around by foot, rather than use trains."
2) Annihilate the Heroic Guardians. Part One. Destruction "The Heroic Heroes of Hero City, or its 'guardians' should we call them as such, is a certain trio of girls. 'Magenta', 'Pink' and 'Crimson'. They can easily be defeated one at the time, but to separate them and execute the operation...we might need some subtlety. I propose the classic hostage-situation. However, in order for that to happen...they need to be swamped in overwork. We must strike hard and strong at the police headquarters, butchering all those that stand in the way and sacrificing their blood to the elder gods of..." Psysquid coughs for a moment, "Ia, ia," he shakes his head, "Anyway, your evilness, this mission requires the destruction of the 'public service workers' of Hero City."
3) Bring forth your message of extreme power over their mortal spoils. Control "We could tie a few transmitters into their communication towers and arrays, your evilness," Psysquid observes, "By doing so, we could transmit in repeat even over their 'Hero-Brainwashing' channels. It should work in weakening their morale...and who knows what else."
He exhales then, "I...I'm receiving confused warnings from all of the missions. The cities are all in high alert, hence...A Hero will be Present. Side-Kick present. Special Forces present. Police force present. After four turns, Heroic Hero present. that applies to all of them," he exhales. "Cheerful Cheerie sure kicked up to over ninethousand the hornet nest of the super-saiyans."
You turn thoughtful...
What to do?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2984 on: December 28, 2013, 08:44:28 am »

Let's not take any of them just yet. We totally have to give Cheerie a new face.
Pages: 1 ... 197 198 [199] 200 201 ... 213