Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 186 187 [188] 189 190 ... 213

Author Topic: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game  (Read 259502 times)

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game
« Reply #2805 on: December 03, 2013, 04:56:59 pm »

I saw it coming when Knit tie said that. Anyway, Shadenight is not evil. Well, maybe he is evil, but he is also fair and sticks to dice. Yeah, he is lawful evil.

Heh.  I'd call him Awesome Evil.
The two are not mutually exclusive.

Agreed, however I'm not satisfied calling him Lawful Evil.  It just doesn't say enough.

In fact, I'm not even going to call you Awesome -Evil-, shadenight, because that's a form of vote for you to be evil now.

So I'm just going to sit in your grasp, call you Awesome, and gaze at you until its time to gaze at the next installment of the Awesome Story instead.  Whatever you do, you do.... and I just know it is going to be awesome!
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2806 on: December 03, 2013, 04:57:44 pm »

He is just trying to break us my fellows, we may have our disagreements and we may have different reasons for why we want to do this, but we must persevere in the face of the true enemy. For all we know Cherrie is a fair match for us though, or she may make us remember stuff to distract us, in the event this is a trap. Wish we had made a Robot Ink or Robot Silver.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2807 on: December 03, 2013, 05:01:31 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Try as you might, your words shall not shake my resolve. We are at your mercy regardless of what we do, write, or suggest, it is in your full power to end the lives of any of our minions or Dark Advisors - we never know, and have no chance of knowing, the power and quantity of heroes present on each mission, and neither we can ensure that you are not just plugging numbers in when you roll the dice. If you so wish, you can have our daughter captured again at a moment's notice, our Psysquid killed by a Heroic Hero hidden behing a super-nullifier and our evil self critically wounded by whatever you have in store for us hiding near Cheerie. This is a suggestion game, after all, and a one that happens over internet at that, so you have no limits of what you can throw at us as a GM. All we can do is pick a choice and hope for the best.

Of course, there is a chance that all of your current metagaming is another of your social experiments. We, again, have no chance of knowing.

EDIT: You know, I cannot actually find a single instance of Shadenight being evil in this game. Did he manipulate us? Definitely. Was he evil? No. The fact that Gamington is alive proves that.

Also, I am sorry, Imp. I only wanted to cheer you up. You seem so badly affected by this.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 05:07:36 pm by Knit tie »

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2808 on: December 03, 2013, 05:23:08 pm »

I fail to see why death, if we even die would be more than a temporary inconvenience.

We're pretty much doomed to Hell, right ? If we die, have our daughter summon us via Summon a Dark system. Her emotion will be powerful and ensue the summon will not fail. Then we will return and serve as a ghostly advisor to our forces.

Give instructions to our minions on how to do it, of course.

Besides, it would make for a good plot storywise, be dramatic, create character development and resolve amongst our troops, and we only lose some physical cog-power, no doubt replacing it with some cool ghostly swag such as telekinesis and possession.

Be bound to Hell with an agreement that we will haunt the world as long as THE Hero is defeated, and then when we will be done, it will be a bittersweet ending with a last farewell to our allies and our daughter. You know, a speech entrusting the new ones to the future.

We will control DEATH itself, damn it ! No matter what Shadenight throws at us ! We CAN adapt ! We CAN recover ! We CAN outwit him !

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2809 on: December 03, 2013, 05:31:01 pm »

I fail to see why death, if we even die would be more than a temporary inconvenience.

We're pretty much doomed to Hell, right ? If we die, have our daughter summon us via Summon a Dark system. Her emotion will be powerful and ensue the summon will not fail. Then we will return and serve as a ghostly advisor to our forces.

Besides, it would make for a good plot storywise, be dramatic, create character development and resolve amongst our troops, and we only lose some physical cog-power, no doubt replacing it with some cool ghostly swag such as telekinesis and possession.

Be bound to Hell with an agreement that we will haunt the world as long as THE Hero is defeated, and then when we will be done, it will be a bittersweet ending with a last farewell to our allies and our daughter. You know, a speech entrusting the new ones to the future.

We will control DEATH itself, damn it ! No matter what Shadenight throws at us ! We CAN adapt ! We CAN recover ! We CAN outwit him !

I know that Shadenight has explicitly mentioned that, due to the laws of the universe, only current The Hero can kill us. We will escape from everyone else. So the worst thing that could happen is that the 3 cities are exploded and everyone currently on the zeppelin beides us dies. 

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2810 on: December 03, 2013, 05:31:36 pm »

*Imp is swayed, her face turning to Naryar as Naryar gives this speech, but her eyes, focused and gaze accepting, does not waver from Shadenight*

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2811 on: December 03, 2013, 05:35:51 pm »

I know that Shadenight has explicitly mentioned that, due to the laws of the universe, only current The Hero can kill us. We will escape from everyone else. So the worst thing that could happen is that the 3 cities are exploded and everyone currently on the zeppelin beides us dies.

So... only the final boss can kill us ? Hah, this is the easiest game ever !

*Imp is swayed, her face turning to Naryar as Naryar gives this speech, but her eyes, focused and gaze accepting, does not waver from Shadenight*

I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2812 on: December 03, 2013, 05:40:28 pm »

When I said that maybe shadenight was evil was because of how he got happy after some of our failures, like the recent 1 at the SAD system. It's either that or he got bored of writing successes.

Anyway, we are overthinking this too much, don't you think so? The level of metagaming (not in the bas sense of the word) is already too high, I think. Remember that we play this as a story that develops, in which Shadenight is the writer, but we are writers in a certain way too, as we control the main character, so we have to ensure that a real masterpiece is created at the end.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2813 on: December 03, 2013, 05:53:55 pm »

When I said that maybe shadenight was evil was because of how he got happy after some of our failures, like the recent 1 at the SAD system. It's either that or he got bored of writing successes.

Anyway, we are overthinking this too much, don't you think so? The level of metagaming (not in the bas sense of the word) is already too high, I think. Remember that we play this as a story that develops, in which Shadenight is the writer, but we are writers in a certain way too, as we control the main character, so we have to ensure that a real masterpiece is created at the end.

I think it's either the incessant health problems or our open defiance of the main plot that causes Shadenight to take so much joy in our hesitation. Or maybe he just needs a hug.

*Gives Shadenight a hug*

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2814 on: December 03, 2013, 06:00:40 pm »

I think it's either the incessant health problems or our open defiance of the main plot that causes Shadenight to take so much joy in our hesitation. Or maybe he just needs a hug.

*Gives Shadenight a hug*

Hmm. Unorthodox tactics, but it may work.

Anyways, let's just go forward.

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2815 on: December 03, 2013, 06:29:32 pm »

Well how did we become The Hero (Edit:I can't RC, will look tomorrow), I assume our Dad had a hand in it and trained us, we became the Evil Overlord just because Chemista chose to made us into it.
And note we, The Hero, failed to kill her, the Evil Overlord, in fact she beat us. (Then again, you could argue since she stopped being the Evil Overlord we technically succeeded, even if it was for her own reasons)
Don't think they are anything more than titles, training, and the benefits that come with those titles.

Looks to me more like anyone powerful could kill us, given the support The Hero would get (note we had Knighthowl and a few others, you saw how tough he was on his own.), and that The Hero is just another way of maintaining control over the masses.
Of course feel free to correct me or ignore me, just doesn't sit well that we can apparently only truly lose to The Hero, makes things almost dull sounding.

Now lower your arms Knit, and whisper sweet nothings into his ears, strike through the heart so to speak.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 06:33:20 pm by Cain12 »

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2816 on: December 04, 2013, 01:56:03 am »

Your zeppelin goes full-power, trying to reach Cheerful Cheerie in time. You give your order to your cogs to hold her, but the static prevents your words from reaching them. You are screaming at the monitor for her to stop, for the Cog to do something, but they cannot hear your orders, and so they cannot obey.
They stand still as she takes out a small detonator the size of a cigarette pack. They stand still as you watch the three lined up buttons right to the side of the thing.
You're yelling, but it doesn't seem to work.
You're shrieking, but the voice that speaks isn't yours.
You won't make it in time.
Not for the first explosion, anyway.

Justice-City is vaporized.

One moment, the citizens are fervently declaring their love for good. The next, they are but ashes on molten concrete.
The fungus cloud rises up as magic and nuclear energy intertwine, tearing apart and destroying everything on its path.
From where you are, you can feel the zeppelin shake as all hands hold on to whatever they can find.

Still, there are two more buttons Cheerie has yet to push.
Two more cities that have yet to be destroyed.
If only there was a way to stop her, to contact her with your voice...
But you chose to wait and see -prudent, perhaps, certainly useful in case it was a trap...but it wasn't one.
It was the last anguishing cry of a woman whom, apparently, Silver loved once.
And that loved Silver too.

"Stop her!" you roar in the microphone, but the Cog do not hear you. The static is too strong.
The static is too strong.

"Ahah," Cheerie chuckles, "It's...It's not as easy as it sounds, pushing the second button," she mutters. "I mean...the first one? It's easy. The first button is always easy. The second one...it's different. The first time...the first time you do something like this, this evil...you act on ignorance, right? You don't know what is going to happen, and so you decide to do it anyway. The second button instead...the second button is different. You know what you're doing is going to hurt a lot of people but, but you need to do it, right? You need to, because it's for a greater cause."
"They're innocents, Cheerie!" you roar through the microphone.
What comes out on the other end is a mere crackled 'Heerie...'
"I know you're probably mad at me, Silver," she whispers. "I can smell the explosive in these cogs but...but I'm sorry. I'm doing this for you, all right? Please? I can't go on like this. This world can't go on like this. I'll destroy it all. I'll burn it to ashes. Everything will go back to how it was if I destroy everything, right? It's a cycle after all. A vicious, unending cycle...I'm sorry, Silver..."

And with that, she pushes the second button.

Super-City is vaporized.

"I didn't want this!" she is crying now, even as the skies are turning a dark and angry shade of purple. "I didn't want this pain or this body or this suffering! I didn't want any of this! Cheerful Gal," she starts to hum as tears fall down what little living face she still has, "comes to save the day! Her side-kick at hand, they prevent crimes and cheer on the next football match! But no...it didn't go that way, did it?"
Her shoulders shake. "To hell with it. To hell with all of them. To hell with the HEROES, the good guys, the bad guys, the everyone. I'm going to kill them all and then I'm going to die. That's us, right? The fucked up bastards. That's...me, and you. Right, Silver? Let's just...make a world of ashes and lie down to die in it. We can make angels of ash. Mine might be a bit wrong, but..."

And when the zeppelin reaches the girl, it's Splinter Cog who speaks.
"Computing. Range optimal for sniping. I can take her down before she can push the third button, your Overlordness."
"Your evilness!" Lord Gamington yells then, "You can throw me! I can immobilize her if you do!"
You eye him. Cheerie is radioactive. You doubt it will matter much to Gamington, but wouldn't that somehow damage him?
Or you could throw yourself out of the zeppelin to try to stop her.

OR maybe...you could call a specific name. Ozymandias might be willing to help, for the right price.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2817 on: December 04, 2013, 02:14:46 am »

Ahem.  Call on the one behind "Look upon my works, ye mighty, and despair"?  Call upon the voice of "As I was, so you are, as I am so shall you be?"

*cough*  That would be a no.

Fling Gamington at her.  We -should- be able to repair the damage.  Whuffle cogs and Camera-thing appear to still function, though not as speakers given the noise.

Splintercog, fire if Gamington fails.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2818 on: December 04, 2013, 02:16:16 am »

No, we have to do this ourself. If we send Gamington, she might react violently.

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2819 on: December 04, 2013, 03:23:16 am »

Why didn't we just shoot her? Could have stopped her and she may have survived, if we used something to subdue her, or maybe even real bullets, or whatever he uses. We had Splitter Cog right? Will assume we chose against putting him near enough to intervene.
Edit:Ah hindsight, you are a bitch.
Edit:Since I wont be here for whatever you decide to do, -1 to calling on the fish, if we were making a deal we should have done it before the first two were triggered.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 03:29:02 am by Cain12 »
Pages: 1 ... 186 187 [188] 189 190 ... 213