Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 213

Author Topic: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game  (Read 258103 times)

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
Re: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game
« Reply #255 on: August 28, 2013, 03:35:08 pm »

He nods. "I've been hanging around that ratty lab of Chemista for a while. I've got everything down and she even gave me a list," he flaps a piece of paper. "Worse to worse, I'll just threaten a Scientist to become a pincushion if he doesn't answer."
He nods to your other orders. "Of course, Evil Overlordness! I will make you proud! And no, I don't want that Squidconda in my room please. I'll take a verbal lashing out of Chemista however, no need to worry yourself for me!" he smiles. "I'll show the might of Psysquid to you, your Evilness!"

And that is how he departs on the Zeppelin with two Succubus and seven Cog-Minions.

4) Enjoy the Carnage

SCIENTIFIC CARNAGE

Quietly, in the middle of the night, Psysquid presses his face against the small air vent atop the building's roof. His entire body goes 'pop' and he's inside. Slowly, using his tentacles, he slithers forth. The Succubus follow him, moaning.
"Ah...it's so...tight...in here...ah..."
The Cogs simply push each other.
"Cog. Cog. Cog."
Then Psysquid removes the vent and quietly sucks it upwards, avoiding it from clattering on the ground. He jumps down, his skin completely black and his eyes golden, like a ninja.
"I am the shadow," he whispers as he quietly tiptoes behind a corner. "The Ninja Shadow..." he quietly tiptoes behind another corner.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Then Psysquid jumps out and mistakenly trips on a giant red button.
The effect is instantaneous as the alarms start blaring.
"Drat!" he curses. "Let's move forward then! FOR INCOGNITO!" and with that, all appearances of silence and quiet are gone.

The pavement glitters for a moment, before a Hero appears in a shower of dust!
"Heya!" the hero appears to be an overweight fairy. An overweight and male fairy. "Pumpkin needs some luving?"
"NO! Attack! Attack!"

The overweight fairy flutters her giant wings of dust and pollen, covering in golden powder the entire hallway.
"I'm a failure as a Ninja," Psysquid remarks, as his eyes turn purplish. "But I will never be defeated by a fat, half-retired hero!" Slamming both arms forward, he roars. "Psy-Blast!"
The doors to the sides of the corridor dent and pry themselves open, as he flings them with the power of his mind at the fairy, who ends up slightly wounded. Not much, maybe...a scratch?

"Now, Pumpkin," the floating fat fairy states, "You made your mommma really angry."
Shining, literally, her magical wand becomes a giant baseball bat. "Time to even the odds, don'tcha think so, hun?"

Her bat grows nails, and then she flings it forwards with incredible speed. "STRIKE. OUT. HONEY!" The Cog Minions form a shield, but it's not enough. Slamming through, tearing them all apart, it continues along its path towards Psysquid.
A Succubus dashes ahead, taking the bat and its nails straight through her stomach. She gurgles and gasps as blood sprays out of her body. The Overweight Fairy laughs raucously as she swats the corpse of the Succubus away. "Well, well, well! This is going to be FUN!"

Psysquid clenches his fists.

"Can't we try and talk about this?" the Succubus remaining tries, sporting a basked smile. She's the one...Isabella, wasn't it? The second mother of Cerulean...
And then the nail comes back, smashing her to a pulp on the ground, leaving behind only a blood stain.

Psysquid's entire frame pales.
"Well, squishy, squishy Squid...that's like...only you and me now..."

"I made a mental note never to hit a woman," Psysquid begins calmly, as the ground starts to tremble. "I made a mental note to keep my calm and run away as soon as possible." The ground cracks. "I made a mental note, really, I did."
His eyes shine darkly. "Seems like I forgot it, however."
Both hands thrust forward as the tentacles around his wrists distend.

The overweight fairy cackles as she barely feels the attacks. She is stalling for the police to come and get Psysquid, probably. "Oh, the little Squiddie thinks he's so powerful now? Well! I'll show him how much I like squids...deep fried!"

Yet Psysquid dodges the bat, sliding across the surface of the floor with water emerging from his feet and wrists. "Did you know, Squids can propel themselves?" he says mockingly. "You know, that Succubus over there had a daughter."
He adds, before cocking his right hand backwards. "Let the Police come...as long as I get to Kill you, the rest doesn't matter."

Water jets burst out from Psysquids arms, as he roars and charges ahead with his punch that tears through the Fairy's skull, slamming her straight against the wall's sides and proceeding with her body through the corridor, leaving on the wall a long fissure and blood.
Then he drops the Fairy on the ground and looks around. "I don't have Standards," he snarls, and brings his foot down on the neck of the overweight fairy.

"Out of the way!" Six police guards emerge from the corner. "We...oh my god...he killed Twinkle Fairy!"
"Fire! Open Fire!"
Bullets depart.
Psysquid brings up his right hand.

The bullets still, and he snarls. "NO ONE SHALL STOP THE SQUID!"
The bullets fly back, slamming into the policemen's bodies as they go limp, before a wave of psychic energies grabs them all and swings them against the walls. Their limbs detach and blood fills the corridor.
Marching further in the research lab, Psysquid reaches the laboratories.
A fist is slammed against the metallic door, and it bursts apart. Quickly, he grips whatever equipment he can. There are no Cog-Minions to carry it, but it doesn't matter. He'll use one of the lab's coats as an impromptu rucksack.

"I'm last in rank now," he chuckles bitterly. "Not that it matters..." he wonders how the Overlord will take it. He lost everyone under his command.
Everyone.
"What's going on!?"
A scientist yells.
Psysquid opens his palm, and the man's neck flies to him with the rest of the body attached. He grips the man tightly. "You will do," he snarls.
"Please don't kill me," he pleads. "Please...I have family!"
"Oh?" and then he headbutts him into sleep. "Now you don't have to worry about one anymore."
Then Psysquid begins to walk away, pulling along his impromptu rucksack and the knocked out cold scientist.
"Frigging nice day," he snarls as he reaches the zeppelin, before dropping both of his cargos inside.
"Frigging. Nice. Day."

5) Weather the Storm

You're thoughtfully sitting at your throne, watching the news, when the broadcast changes.

"TONIGHT STARCH LABORATORY UNDER ATTACK! Thousands of dollars of damage! Millions of dollars worth of research taken! Gazillion millions in insurance to be paid back! The Overlord strikes again, kidnapping Scientist Tommy Remix, renowned Bio-Chemist! Wait a moment...someone confirms that indeed, there are corpses inside! The Security has been butchered! The Hero Twinkle Fairy is...oh my god! Her head is missing! The monsters tore her head apart! No, no, I know Jimmy I shouldn't say on live-tv but...what sort of monster could do such a thing!?"

There a moment of silence. "It appears however that the cameras have caught a live footage of the scene! A Humanoid Squid is responsible for all of this! Look..."
And then the interview changes to a camera feed. And you watch. You watch as the Hero does short work of the Cogs and nearly kills Psysquid, who is saved only because the Two Succubi gave him...wait...both?
Both are dead?

Cerulean has yet to see the news.
Everyone else has yet to see the news.
Psysquid has yet to return, but he'll be back.

The problem is...What do YOU do?

Resources Acquired: Scientist Bio-Engineering. Laboratory Equipment. Starch Industries Secret Plans.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: August 28, 2013, 03:42:38 pm »

Don't let Cerulean see that. Let the others.

Begin looking for a way to acquire more Succubi.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: August 28, 2013, 03:42:53 pm »

wait, they're demon? They don't really die, do they?
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: August 28, 2013, 03:45:39 pm »

Yes, they can.

Unless we can call them back by sacrificing stuff. I like this idea.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: August 28, 2013, 03:46:04 pm »

We could probably summon them back onto this plane of existence.

Don't let Cerulean see that. Let the others.
+1

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: August 28, 2013, 03:48:33 pm »

Let the squid know he's responsible for attaining the components needed to get two new succubi.

Why do we even care if our basic cog units die? Pawns are meant to be sacrificed. Losing the higher up succubi is not cool though. Let him know we aren't pleased but do so calmly.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: August 28, 2013, 03:49:29 pm »

Let the squid know he's responsible for attaining the components needed to get two new succubi.

Why do we even care if our basic cog units die? Pawns are meant to be sacrificed. Losing the higher up succubi is not cool though. Let him know we aren't pleased but do so calmly.
+1

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: August 28, 2013, 03:53:35 pm »

No, Cerulean should see. See the brutality which the 'heroes' are capable of. How can they call us monsters?
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 03:57:27 pm by sjm9876 »
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: August 28, 2013, 03:55:29 pm »

Hiding it from Cerulean might just make her bitter about it when she DOES find out. Chemista will be best at breaking it to her.

Radio Chemista. Check that she's not with Cerulean right now. If Cerulean is there, ask her to send her out of the room for a few seconds.

"The mission was a pyrrhic victory. We have the supplies and the scientist, but that's all Psysquid made it out with." Pause for a few seconds. "The succubi... Cerulean's second adopted parents... are both dead. They gave their lives to save Psysquid. Their deaths were avenged, fortunately, but this does not negate the fact that you will have to deal with Cerulean's reaction."

Wait ominously at entrance for Psysquid. Make sure to get our fluttering-menacingly-in-the-wind coat/cape/whatever on.

"Psysquid. Come here."
(I've decided we're quiet and calm-looking when we're REALLY angry, because it's both more effective and Psysquid won't appreciate it quite as much.) "Your failure at avoiding detection has cost us far too much. Our most efficient corruption minions have been slain, and Chemista will most likely need to console Cerulean until she has recovered from the loss. This has taken the previous second-best team out of the running for a while, leaving my choices being either you or Lord Gamington. This will also slow research, as well as slowing progress with Cerulean's Evil Science. You are lucky that you brought something back, or there would be far more consequences than your status as a favoured mission-leader. Do not provoke me further, or those consequences may still arrive." Leave. (Mentioning that he brought something back should heavily imply he needs to go put it somewhere.)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: August 28, 2013, 03:57:18 pm »

No, Cerulean should see. See the brutality which the 'heroes' are capable of. How can they call us monsters.
Psysquid killed more people than the fairy, you know. That could be detrimental to us making her more loyal. On the oher hand, we could just show a part of the video.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: August 28, 2013, 03:57:52 pm »

+1
+1

Also make sure Psysquid knows about our missing Dark Rosario, and that retrieving that is as much an option as bringing in any other Unholy object would be.

For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: August 28, 2013, 03:58:37 pm »

No, Cerulean should see. See the brutality which the 'heroes' are capable of. How can they call us monsters.
Psysquid killed more people than the fairy, you know. That could be detrimental to us making her more loyal. On the oher hand, we could just show a part of the video.
That sounds like a good idea. Though psysquid was acting in self defense and avenging deaths.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: August 28, 2013, 04:09:03 pm »

Guys guys guys! We have first hand !!BACKSTORY!! material here!
Don't scold Psysquid. Just give him The Look and silently go into your private appartments. He's masochist, so that will hurt him deeper than anything else. Tell Chemista to send us Cerulean when she start asking about Isabella.

When Cerulean comes to us, tell her the truth. The ugly truth. Her mom died while in an away mission to help Chemista. A hero killed her because of what she was.
Tell her we, too, lost our mom. And that's why we turned evil, to take revenge on the world, but also so we no longer have any friend or family to mourn. But then we got Chemista and the succubi. So we wanted to get power, more power, to protect us from any harm. We no longer wanted to be alone, we wanted to be a chief, a master, with a new family and the power to protect and expand it. We became an Overlord. That's when we decided that we shall only be surrounded by monster, because humans die too easily. Give her as an example: we welcomed her into our family and made her more difficult to kill.

If that make us sound not really evil, remind yourself that I pretty much ripped off Darth Vader backstory here. :P

NINJAS: Psysquid killed maybe two or three people thus far, not really a lot. the fairy killed seven Cogs and two Succubi in this engagement alone. Screw fairies.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: August 28, 2013, 04:33:09 pm »

Pour some liquor for the fallen. Also GOD DAMMIT WE NEED TO FIND A UPGRADED VERSION OF OUR COGS!

All seven die way too quickly before they even get a chance to attack we need to make them more than foddler cannon or at least good meat shields.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: August 28, 2013, 04:36:37 pm »

I suggest we develop two new kinds of Cog-minions:

-Harvesters: agile and armed with scyhes (for awesomeness)
-Guardians: slow but durable. Maybe using shields too.

(Feel free to suggest better names)
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 213