Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172 ... 213

Author Topic: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game  (Read 259147 times)

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game
« Reply #2535 on: November 27, 2013, 03:43:39 pm »

Build MOAR assault guardogs.
+1
Send Game into training with his lover, then watch Tv, look for reports on Cheerie's attack then watch Cog drama.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2536 on: November 27, 2013, 03:47:36 pm »

+1
Send Game into training with his lover, then watch Tv, look for reports on Cheerie's attack then watch Cog drama.
+1 and next idea on the list.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2537 on: November 27, 2013, 03:50:12 pm »

Omg, we need to summon something too.

We have a good quantity of Succubae atm.  We have quite a few mutants.

*grins*  lets go for that mage.

A copy of the book "So you want to be a Wizard" or the nearest equivalent that this reality has.

The 'magic staff' that we made for Cerulean (we can make another later - this one has a bit of history and a lot of emotion)

A bit more 'flesh of the daughter', some more of Cerulean's tears (or directly a small smear of her goo, which she can choose to release for us).

Ask Cerulean to again be the one to make the sacrifice, make sure she knows that this staff would have been hers, if things had been different.  Ensure that she knows that another staff will be hers, when she has earned it.  Ensure that we are present and involved, and that our attitude in explaining this and participating is that it is the best thing for Us and thus her as well.  That this is not punishment - but reasoned and appropriate, and doesn't change her future - only she can do that, through her continued growth, learning, discipline, and service.

Yes, this is a bit evil, yes, this is a bit cruel.  Think past the -very beginning-, past -the moment of doing-.

What comes from this should work well over time, it should be powerful indeed, and it should be something that Cerulean comes to get along well with.  Ensure that our attitude in doing

There should be a lot of power and sense of sacrifice in this for her, and a bit for us as well - we made that staff for her, and it's been around for a bit.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2538 on: November 27, 2013, 03:53:25 pm »

Fluff with Raggy, he still seems discontented.

Then:

Then send Game and Whatsherface in.

Also, steelworks.

And finally, lets summon something!

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #2539 on: November 27, 2013, 03:56:44 pm »

Imp, we don't even need to tell cerulean, just send in splinter cog, and he'll get it with no fuss.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2540 on: November 27, 2013, 03:57:57 pm »

I like the wizard idea, not sure about the book, maybe add robes? Edit:Rags seems fine, don't mind fluff if you actually have something in mind other than just checking up on him, maybe ask what Chemista told/did to him?
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 04:02:05 pm by Cain12 »

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2541 on: November 27, 2013, 04:02:01 pm »

I like the wizard idea, not sure about the book, maybe add robes?
+1

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2542 on: November 27, 2013, 04:07:29 pm »

Imp, we don't even need to tell cerulean, just send in splinter cog, and he'll get it with no fuss.

We made the staff I speak of, we have it already (possibly not if Splinter 'rehid it', but I expect we gots it)

Reason to have Cerulean do the sacrifice is because it's even more 'her' sacrifice than ours, it's 'her staff because it was made for her', and she 'messed up and delayed receiving it', and now she 'won't get it at all because she's sacrificing it' (point being, we can make her another, and we intend to - .... but we don't have to tell her this until after the sacrifice is over - and even if we do tell her before, she's still sacrificing what would have been hers and is now lost.

I don't think we have a spell book, and while it's tempting to sacrifice a copy of the Necronomicon (or a copy of The King In Yellow, ahem), there's other ways to symbolize 'spell book' - 'So You Want to be a Wizard' happens to be one of them, a fantasy story about a book of the same name, which is itself a Spellbook and contains a way to turn a person into a wizard, simply by swearing an oath to the book (and upholding it).

Sure we can replace book with robes, or even a nice floppy pointed hat.  I just... for this.  And Cerulean.  And kids.  'So You Want to be a Wizard' is a children's story, and it's about a child becoming a wizard through interaction with the namesake book.  It is -themey-.  That's my reasons.  Them secret non-existant combo 'powers' stuff  ???  A player can hope!
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2543 on: November 27, 2013, 04:19:08 pm »

Okay, still makes me think of one of those fake become a wizard books I bought as a kid, what I first thought it was when I heard the title, but you have a point.

Cattani

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2544 on: November 27, 2013, 04:35:00 pm »

I still vote for sending a cog and a guardog into the training grounds. If they manage to discover a new combo ability, it will stack since we always send lots of them to the grinder. And still +1 the idea of building more defensive cogs.

I am not voting for sacrifices since the choices seem unreasonable to me. Anything that ends up being chosen is fine.

Also check the news for Cheerie.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2545 on: November 27, 2013, 04:38:58 pm »

I just realised, we need to build a science lab to research better cogs and weapons, after the other building for the steelworks of course.
Alan help.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2546 on: November 27, 2013, 04:46:54 pm »

Build the steelworks, send Gamington and Coghuahua to training, then sacrifice all the stuff Imp said. Don't forget to tune into the next episode of "I cannot live without my cog" in the end!
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 04:48:52 pm by Knit tie »

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2547 on: November 27, 2013, 04:52:30 pm »

Build the steelworks, send Gamington and Coghuahua to training, then sacrifice all the stuff Imp said. Don't forget to tune into the next episode of "I cannot live without my cog" in the end!
+1
Also check the news for Cheerie.
+1

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2548 on: November 27, 2013, 06:44:06 pm »

Lets try to make a wizard!

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2549 on: November 27, 2013, 06:47:00 pm »

Well, we don't nessecarily need all of this, we just need the stuff that makes people think 'wizard' so a wand and a robe would do nicely, a spellbook in a pinch, but that's all we would need.
Alan help.
Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172 ... 213