Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 165 166 [167] 168 169 ... 213

Author Topic: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game  (Read 259449 times)

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
Re: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game
« Reply #2490 on: November 26, 2013, 09:00:20 pm »

We, I believe, are currently experiencing an overabundance of Dark Advisors as a result of us pumping orphans with mutagens until they either explode or have their physique painfully remolded.

As for your theory, our father, the Mechanist, has explicitly mentioned using mindium on us in the past. Perhaps he is doing so right now? Found a new vein of the stuff and is somehow using it on us?

How does one use mindium anyway? Ask Chemista that.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2491 on: November 26, 2013, 10:04:28 pm »

Shade had been disregarding previous 12s on change roles- we've unknowingly been 'turning down' additional dark advisors for months.

If we have 'too many', we as a majority only need to say 'we don't want more'.

The bunny succubus was actually a high enough roll to be a dark advisor, as I recall.  We've turned down a lot of amusing and interesting things, because we leaned towards 'we have enough'.

But people can be downgraded too - and we can 'expand operations' as well I believe.

There are many ways to use and even use up any level of minion we decide we don't want, from 'sight unseen abortion' (the method that Shadenight was using) to any others that give us more choice.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2492 on: November 26, 2013, 11:01:38 pm »

The only problem I have with dark advisors is their limit of one per mission - acquiring more gives us more variety, but not firepower. So far we have three combat - capable advisors and Chemista, with Cerulean being a potential one, but it does not make the squads we send on missions stronger than what they would be with just Psysquid around. Making steel - grade assault cogs is going to be much worse for the heroes than having Ragnarok - sure, he gets +8, but his "dad" gets +6 on the first turn and +2.5 permanently with no penalties afterwards. In fact, our cougar fetishist is, numerically, our strongest weapon short of ourselves, I think, after that Cthulhu incident.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 11:03:23 pm by Knit tie »

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #2493 on: November 26, 2013, 11:05:29 pm »

All we need are 3, and we have those 3, gamington for control, psysquid for mixed and chemista for destruction. It's simple and that's all we need, wait, can we use the SAD system in down keep? If so, I suggest we get right on creating out succubus ideas.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2494 on: November 26, 2013, 11:10:12 pm »

... Y'all do know that we're eventually going to start losing DA, right?

And that's not preventable just by having 'exactly the needed number' and no extras?
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2495 on: November 26, 2013, 11:11:41 pm »

True, I wonder if we could try cloning?
Plus, it wouldn't be that hard to make a couple more dark advisors anyway, at least I don't think so.
Alan help.

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2496 on: November 27, 2013, 03:09:30 am »

Well figured it was just our memories resurfacing and our hero indoctrination trying to win us over during our evil overlord brainwashings moments of weakness,(Edit:So a he is in there battle where we are guy on the outside)

But I guess we could look into it, who would do that btw, Knighthowl is the only hero that knows this location that we know of, and I don't think anyone would try to turn us back on our team.

Well I'd rather not resort to having to make more once we run out, what if we are attacked before we can? Better to have a fair amount stored away for missions when they are needed and defending the base when the time comes. imo.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 03:12:36 am by Cain12 »

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2497 on: November 27, 2013, 03:11:02 am »

Guess so, might as well keep a few in the background.
Alan help.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2498 on: November 27, 2013, 03:53:40 am »

Seems like another no-Shadenight week...

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2499 on: November 27, 2013, 05:49:09 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

BEACH CARNAGE - Also Known as 'That one Beach Episode every Anime has to ensure the correct amount of skin is shown at least once per season'.

The beautiful Caribbean beach you have 'acquired' through legal means is a beautiful paradise of nature and highly exotic animals. At least until you unleash your hordes of monsters and cogs upon it for a good old day of rest and relaxation.
You're taking a not-tan, because Evil Overlords never burn themselves while taking the sun -unless they're vampires, but in that case they simply burn to a crisp.
Chemista and Cerulean look like sunny-side up eggs, their interior bubbling as they take the sun.

Chemista is wearing a 'summer' lab coat, a white hat with wide folds and a pair of thick sunglasses. She only needs a small chihuahua and then she can become the jelly-clone of Taris Tilton.
Cerulean is wearing one of those colourful one piece swimsuits.
The Yandere Succubus has that dark blue kid swimsuit from the Japanese schools, the ones that apparently are all the hype for the lolicons in Japan -they're crazy, whoever those 'Japanese' are, since there isn't a Japan in your world.
The monster children are happily playing in the sand or in the beach -barring the 'slug' team of cameracrew who keep themselves as far as possible from their mortal enemy known as 'salt'
The cogs are covered in dark blotches of oil, and appear to be covering in concrete a small area -they appear to hate Sand and Nature, or at least you get that impression by the way they start constructing small copper and scrap-metal constructions rather than sandcastles.
"Cog...Computing..."

A small red dot starts to appear on the sand, and you gaze at Splinter-cog's hiding spot on a palm tree. He gives you the thumb-up. You want someone killed, he'll headshot them.

Gorloceros gruffly walks around, chewing on this or that exotic animal that the island's delicate ecosystem really can't go without -but that he eats anyway because Peta can't touch him.
The Behemoth Catfish make wonderful jumps out of the water, meowing as they crash once more within the ocean, soon followed by the 'aquatic' version of the mutant children.

"Free Willy!" a child says, pointing at a Behemoth Catfish doing a jump out of the water while spinning around...before crashing back first against the water's surface. "Ack...that had to hurt."

The Yellow King Spawn chews on dried squid.
His eyes gaze.
His eyes wander.
He returns to chew.

Psysquid drops a hat on him.
The Yellow King spawn returns to chewing.
But now he has a hat.

Ragnarok is doing runs around the beach, he has apparently chosen to keep a buzz-cut jelly resemblance of hair, while wielding a sabre to his side and...enough weight on his back to resemble a soldier.
"Hurrah!" he exclaims as he keeps up doing the laps.
After a few laps he actually starts doing them while wielding a flag with your symbol.
You're pretty sure you could get an army pf those and start talking from a tall building while the people below all yell 'HAIL OVERLORD'.
And grow a small moustache under your nose.
Nah.

Snowstar takes the sun on a nearby reef, which apparently has small icebergs forming from seemingly nowhere. Coghuahua and Gamington dance the tango, the mambo and the Mexican version of the 'Death Wrestling Competition Extreme'. There isn't any blood of course.

Mauve flaps her wings a bit, before deciding to perch herself on a wooden stool at the nearby 'outside bar'. The bar is manned by Psysquid, who takes a moment before delivering a non-alcoholic beverage to the mini-succubus.

All in all, everyone has fun at the beach. Everyone winds down, everyone is happy...
Except Charoline, who sticks to the 'sulking' corner and keeps giving you reproachful glares while apparently fighting against herself from just yelling at you again. The 'normal' human kid is apparently having fun, as if nothing in the world is different -although her playmates are now monsters.

Chemista snorts. "Such sickening things...humans and monsters cannot coexist peacefully...so," she looks towards Cerulean, "Better give her a proper lesson. I wouldn't have left them go with such 'responsibility' your evilness," she remarks, "But you are the Overlord. You know what is right."
"I had a question concerning Mindium," you say, stopping Chemista. "How is it used?"
"You grind it into powder and then implant it within the brain tissue to let it absorb," she replies. "Being a Goo-Girl...I was naturally suited for such job," she gestures to her hand, morphing it into a thin transparent sheet. "I can naturally pass through the pores of a human body, and with the fragments within myself ground properly...delivery was not a problem."
"I see...so the Mindium is absorbed through the skin and aimed towards the brain?"
"For optimal and long term solutions yes," she replies. "For short-term, even inhalation, injection or any other form of contact is possible."
You nod.

The return 'home' is accompanied by you flipping on the television.

The image you see is of the stadium filled with only the left side of pretty girls -obviously dead.
They all seem to be forming a sentence.

"HEY FAKE OVERLORD! YOU DEAD? ME CHEERIE!"

You then flip to the next channel...and you watch as Splinter Cog apparently mounts a decoder to the side of the television.
"Evil-Tv?" you remark offhandedly as Splinter Cog nods, before putting up a 'handyman' cap and clothes. "Really?"
He nods again, before showing the list of subscribers around the world.
-Apparently the Potheads and the Hillbillies all have a subscription.
"Very well," you sigh. "Where do I sign?"
Splinter Cog shrugs.
Then the television start.

"Wonderful news!" Chemista cackles from the screen. "Mutations are now safe for children! It wasn't experimented properly before, but now you can bring your young little horrible human of four years or younger and have them mutated into a wonderful baby monster! Bring you child to the closest Mutation point available, or wait for the evil Overlord to kidnap you! Mutation! Mutate today! For a Mutated Future freed from the Human race! Mutation!"
The 'ad' then beeps, "This Ad has been brought to you by Genetic Scrambler Mad Scientist Associated. Because we...mutate."
Then the publicity leaves the place to...a soap opera.

"Oh Cog! Don't go!" a teary eyed Hammer-Cog says towards an Assault Cog. (The voices are apparently added later, since there's no lip-synching at all)
"I must, my darling," the Assault Cog hoists his rifle. "To fight, for a better future! I must go! I must join the Evil Overlord in his quest for greatness!"
"No, please don't leave me! Think of the children!" she points to two cogs standing in the background.
"I do this for them! For a day when they can grow up to become Mooks who aren't killed by the thousands! I must do this! I must fight for this! I must go..."
He turns, and starts to leave.
The Hammer Cog begins to cry as 'she' falls on the ground.
"Oh...oh...noooo...."
Cogwar and Cogpeace continues next week. Stay tuned. Coming up next, COGIFUL! Will Cogridge finally confess to Cogette his love? Will the evil twin that was supposed to be dead stay dead this time around? Will Cog-god bring her back to life because the producers have no idea what plotwist to put in next!? STAY TUNED! ONLY THE EVILLEST BEST, FROM EVIL-TV!

You close your eyes and turn off the tv. "How?"
"It's not really difficult to write trash programs, your evilness," Psysquid remarks. "I...just need to throw written words on dice faces together to form plots."
"That's....great? Continue like that."
"Your sarcasm is greatly appreciated."
"I know, which is why I'm not giving it to you."
Psysquid walks away.

The next day arrives.
You are now in Upkeep
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2500 on: November 27, 2013, 06:01:49 am »

If something happens to Shadenight's spleen, we will all get terminated by splinter cog. So, good luck, Shadenight! I hope that you get better.

We might need to mutate that girl at some point, I think. On the long term, it is not good for our credibility.

WAIT, WE DIDN'T MAKE ANY COGS YESTERDAY?

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2501 on: November 27, 2013, 06:12:41 am »

I say we get a big long table and chairs, and once per day the cast of dark advisors and side-kicks meet up to discuss matters. This, in my opinion, should raise morale and also awareness of strange behaviours.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2502 on: November 27, 2013, 06:15:46 am »

I say we get a big long table and chairs, and once per day the cast of dark advisors and side-kicks meet up to discuss matters. This, in my opinion, should raise morale and also awareness of strange behaviours.
+1

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2503 on: November 27, 2013, 06:16:33 am »

Nah, we shouldn't bother with the girl, she's the sign at least we have some standards.
Alan help.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2504 on: November 27, 2013, 06:34:34 am »

I have no idea about what to do as fluff right now. So I say kust go to mission selection.
Pages: 1 ... 165 166 [167] 168 169 ... 213