Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 213

Author Topic: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game  (Read 258098 times)

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
Re: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game
« Reply #240 on: August 28, 2013, 01:36:31 pm »

Honestly after talking to a fucking duc I just thoughy he needed to get of the lair.
maybe meet a scientist/get his social life needs met.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: August 28, 2013, 01:38:25 pm »

I think that we will lose some minions due to security, so we can have more test subjects!

Ok. That works. Cog-minions are highly expendable.

ask psysquid if he can read minds.

Let's hope not.

Maybe a live-feed camera from the mission, with a two-way voice chat

That would be an  acceptable solution. But...do we really want to set the precedent that advisers take turns rather than we choose who to send?
We're choosing on a basis of how exerted they've been recently, how good their mood is and the effects of the mission upon it, and their actual skill. This mission isn't overwhelmingly necessary, so we can afford to lighten Psysquid's mood by letting him do a mission that both of us want. Cogsy seems ecstatic with his new toys anyway, so there's no reason to send Chemista (and Cerulean, who presumably needs more rest) twice in a row.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #242 on: August 28, 2013, 01:46:41 pm »

"We'll kidnap the scientists then," Psysquid states after you give your preference. He then looks at you quizzically. "I suppose not, but I can vaguely understand Squidconda, but just on a mere Hunger, Thirst, Horny level. And not from far away. If I hadn't been behind the door, just about to enter, I wouldn't have felt it I suppose. I don't know why," he turns thoughtful. "Maybe there's something that made us compatible? I'd have to ask Chemista if she did something to the Mutagen. Maybe she used my own? Would that make me a father?" His skin turns completely white. "I'm too young and sexy to be a father! Oh no!" his tentacle flail vividly.
"And I mean! It's a Squidconda, we aren't even compatible father-offspring thing. Unless I can mate with Anacondas?" he turns thoughtful. "You think they bite hard enough? Constricting seems good for pain, but I..."
"I am not discussing this with you, Psysquid," you retort.

A moment of silence lapse by, before he finally asks.

"Who should go, your evilness?"

3) Choose your team (Seems to me it's either)

Psysquid+Two Succubus+ Cog-Minions
Or
(Chemista+Cerulean)+Two Succubus+Cog Minions.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: August 28, 2013, 01:58:09 pm »

"Do you have any knowlege on which resources would be useful to the Mutagen Project?" If he does, send him in. If not, tell Chemista she can either run the mission or stay back at base and help Psysquid with wireless communications of one sort or another.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: August 28, 2013, 02:03:04 pm »

"Do you have any knowlege on which resources would be useful to the Mutagen Project?" If he does, send him in. If not, tell Chemista she can either run the mission or stay back at base and help Psysquid with wireless communications of one sort or another.
This.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: August 28, 2013, 02:09:26 pm »

Scientists, once taken, often have access to lab equipment.  If we get scientists during the uptime, we could possibly even use them to get equipment from their labs on the following downtime, right?  Especially if the rolls go really well.  I'm glad we're doing this.

Psysquid knows that this isn't exactly what Chemista needs.  He even said so in how he presented the mission - it's not because of Chemista.  Instead, we can control how this works out to turn it into what we want.... which is exactly what we are all about, and something that Psysquid should be especially well suited to helping turn out as we wish

Take the scientists.  Control them.  Do not, at first, change their bodies (their minds are free game, and should be changed).

Interview the scientists.  With both Chemista and Psysquid present and assisting.  We want to know what equipment they have access to, how access to it is controlled, and then we can decide from how they talked and what they said if we want to mutate them at all, before, or after a run is made to get what we want to take.... or even during the run, if that seems exactly perfect.

As far as the kidnapping run goes, I say Psysquid, mostly because it is his 'turn', as well as that he should be pretty good at this sort of task (because of intelligence) and because he foresaw many parts of the mission which will surely give him even more bonuses.  With him send both succubi and the remaining complement of supportive cog minions, just in case, but also because that's what we do, and he needs a chance to possibly lose some more of them, or not.

Before we send him out, have a chat with him, remind him that the best way to be bad is to be really good... at what we ask him to do.  But that might not get him immediately punished, and we do want him happy.  Is he happy enough?  Would installing anasquid's tank in his quarters, and requiring that he keep the beast company, take it for occasional walks around his room and swims around a lagoon and such, make him happier?  If that seems to be something that entertains him, then make it so.  If that's clearly not an answer he hoped to hear, offer a lesson where we scold him as a warning to ensure that he continues to give his loyal best towards achieving our evil aims, with threats of being made to do such things as becoming our anasquid walker because he's just not good enough anymore to do the things we really want done as the main topic.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: August 28, 2013, 02:19:27 pm »

Well, if we send Psysquid we should definitely make him talk with Chemista about the whole lab-equipement thing.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: August 28, 2013, 02:24:43 pm »

I see little benefit to sending Psyquid, but since the consensus seems to be to choose him...

if we send Psysquid we should definitely make him talk with Chemista about the whole lab-equipement thing.

Do that.

Have them talk regardless of whether Psysquid thinks he knows what she needs.

Also: make a point of finding out whatever project the scientists are working on, and bring that back too. We might get lucky.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: August 28, 2013, 02:33:52 pm »

Wait, are we sure we're kidnapping these scientists from within their labs?

Sounded to me like we're getting the scientists, but they're not at work when we do.  Most scientists don't live in their labs after all.  My suggestion to interrogate the scientists and go back for the lab equipment was based on the believe that we'd be nabbing the people from some other, non-work environment.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: August 28, 2013, 02:51:11 pm »

Wait, are we sure we're kidnapping these scientists from within their labs?

The mission description specified "Moderate Chance of Hero. Security Present."

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: August 28, 2013, 02:51:45 pm »

That means that they are in a lab, otherwise there wouldn't be any kind of security

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #251 on: August 28, 2013, 03:08:17 pm »

btw.

PTW*
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: August 28, 2013, 03:20:47 pm »

Can't we go back and choose mission 2.

But with everything we find there, we might build ourselves another steam engine!"
Really, the option to do 2 missions at once is right there, and we're going to let it slip for even more minions/ advisors that we don't need.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: August 28, 2013, 03:24:13 pm »

I reckon another steam engine might allow us to do parallel missions - hence, mission 2.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: August 28, 2013, 03:28:05 pm »

Oh, well, go with 2, then. Should we send Psysquid, 2 Succubi and cog-minions?
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 213