Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 213

Author Topic: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game  (Read 257968 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game
« Reply #225 on: August 28, 2013, 11:57:53 am »

More cog-minions!
Onwards.

Besides, I count those mutation experiments as major succeses. Just think about the implications this investment will have on the Soylent Green Industry. We can introduce a fishfood special.

On a side note, we should really try to find a way to deploy mutagens en masse.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: August 28, 2013, 12:07:33 pm »

More cog-minions!
Very desireable, if only to take the first blow away from the upper tiers.

Else, look into what mentioned lab-upgrade would entail / need.
If we are lucky, it will only be some of the riches from the 5-star-hotel. Or a mission? Either way, we want that equipment, as soon as possible. And bunny-dna. We could make that "mascot" "our face in public", wich would draw away danger from the real head - not bad and a nice touch, as far as I am concerned.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: August 28, 2013, 12:11:08 pm »

Hey! I have an idea to make Lord G happy. Let him teach the cog-minions how to dance!

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: August 28, 2013, 12:11:22 pm »

1) Take the opportunity to give a stealth compliment Psysquid. Tell him that apparently he's one of a kind.

(Surprising that Chemista chose squid. The two of them don't seem to get along. I would have thought making more of him would be the last thing she'd want.)

2) Ask Chemista if the problem she's having is that her lab is inadequate and what she needs to get better results.

3) Install a Dance-Dance-Evil machine in the breakroom for Lord Gamington.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: August 28, 2013, 12:33:36 pm »

1) Take the opportunity to give a stealth compliment Psysquid. Tell him that apparently he's one of a kind.

(Surprising that Chemista chose squid. The two of them don't seem to get along. I would have thought making more of him would be the last thing she'd want.)

2) Ask Chemista if the problem she's having is that her lab is inadequate and what she needs to get better results.

+1

Also i think it's time psysquid left the base on a mission he seems...needing of interaction.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 12:36:50 pm by 3man75 »

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: August 28, 2013, 12:51:45 pm »

+1

Also i think it's time psysquid left the base on a mission he seems...needing of interaction.

If we keep to our original pattern of who to send out, it is Psysquid's turn next.

I +1 as well, but suggest that we try putting human DNA into the anaconda.  Why repeat things?  We have seen that Chemista's genius appears to be based on original experiments.  Asking her to repeat her work was not especially successful.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #231 on: August 28, 2013, 01:04:26 pm »

You look at the Anaconda. Then you look at Chemista.
"We will play God!" you bellow.
"If that is the Overlord's wish," Chemista prepares yet another syringe. "I admit...I have no idea what might happen."

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The Snake hisses. It coils and unclasps. It wracks itself up in pain. It spins on itself. Tentacles start to form along his entire being as he appears to be choking. Quickly, Chemista grabs a water tank and pulls it inside. The thing now breathes, his skin turning translucent until...
Until he disappears in the tank.
Chemista jolts down a few notes, before grabbing a nearby wooden stick and dropping it on the water's surface.
You take a step backwards, because it's like staring at JAWS. The Anaconda jumps out of the water with its tentacles flailing, snapping in half the twig and hissing-spitting ink around before falling back in the water.
Where it disappears again.
"Uhm...I think we can train it for war," Chemista deadpans. "I mean...he looks like a nasty little bugger."
There's a hiss, as his water becomes black from the ink. Then, the tail slaps against the glass.
FOOD
Appears written on the sand the moment the ink disperses the next second.
"And, apparently, he's intelligent."
In that moment, Psysquid enters the room of tests. "Ehi! I felt a disturbance in the force!"
You stare at him. "What?" he retorts. "I felt somethiiiiiiihhhhhhiiiiiii!"
The snake, the aquatic snake, lunges out of the water tank with a speed that quickly make you think he was coiled all along and just waiting for the chance.
He wraps itself around Psysquid, and then...starts to nuzzle him fondly.
"Get it off me!" Psysquid screeched as he starts running around the lab. "Get it OFF ME!"
The Squid-Snake jumps back in his water tank, but this time wags its tail continuously at Psysquid.
"What was that, you evil Overlordness!?" he asks then, settling himself back into his normal demeanor.

You blink for a second, before replying. "The proof that you are one of a kind, Psysquid," you give him a complimentary pat on the shoulder, smiling as if you've got an inside joke in your head.
"It's mostly the equipment," Chemista sniffs loudly. "I know some of this stuff might be improved, but we'd need Scientific Equipment, and those require raiding a laboratory and...there are bad things in laboratories. I know because in mine there is an extremely ugly snake-squid."
"HISSSSSSS."
"Shut it or I'm welding your Water Tank close!" she snarls back. "I'd certainly need some Safety Equipment to prevent Horrible Bad Things from happening, or some Better Chemicals to make things run more smoothly with Mutagens..."

You nod and promise you'll find a way to give her some of that.

You order Four more Cog-Minions created. (You do have a full complement after all)

You now have Fourteen Cog Minions.

Fifth Day of the First Year. Chapter Three: And THEY came and THEY saw and THEY screamed.

He was peacefully sleeping.
It was such a nice, fitful rest.
Then the noise became louder and louder.
"DANCE. DANCE. DO THE DANCE!"
You groan, before slowly cracking open an eye-lid, and then the other.
You put on your stuff, and then head downstairs.
"THANKS OVERLORD!" Gamington yells out loud at the newly minted machine you bought through Evil-Net for him. You do have quite a bit of Cash after all.
And Luxurious Items. And Mountains of Cash.

"Overlord," Psysquid appears extremely serious, "It pains me to say this, but there is a mission we must absolutely avoid doing."
You look at him perplexed.
"It's this one. I have an extremely bad feelingabout this one."
That said, he points to mission number one.
1) Kill the Circus Clowns. Destruction. "Circuses are evil spawns of the Good to make children laugh!" he snarls, "I abhor laughter! This mission is extremely dangerous, and I will not participate in it! No matter what! My Squid-senses are tingling about untold and frightening things to happen if we take it!" Extremely High Chance of Heroic Hero Intervention
2) Raid the Supermarket. Mixed. "This might be over quickly with little fuss, provided there aren't any females participating...you know how much they tend to stop and look around and shop?" he rolls his eyes. "But with everything we find there, we might build ourselves another steam engine!" Small chance of Police. Small Chance of Hero. Security not mentionable.
3) Kidnap some scientists. Control. "This isn't because Chemista asked or anything!" he tsundere-blurts out, "It's just because I managed to find it, and that's why!" Moderate Chance of Hero. Security Present.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: August 28, 2013, 01:09:49 pm »

#2  I want to loot the store for snake food and kidnap some more experimental subjects via police and heroes.

If that doesn't fly i say scientist because we can't have too many of those. Plus the hero could be killed/captured for experiments.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: August 28, 2013, 01:16:36 pm »

I am happy with the squidaconda. It is as adorable as our catfish.

"Due to the success of the Mutagen experiments, and how we keep getting... guests, thanks to the succubi, it is my decision that you are to raid the lab to improve the mutagen experiment's resources. This is the highest priority, although food for the squidaconda would be appreciated. I have decided that the summoning of Heroic Heroes is useless to our cause, as we cannot gain the higher moral ground by accepting them into the ranks of Evil."

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: August 28, 2013, 01:19:02 pm »

Well, I vote for 3.

What should we send? Psysquid (to kill the security), both succubi and cog-minions?

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: August 28, 2013, 01:22:20 pm »

We need to make sure that Psysquid disables the security without harm to human life, to keep us lower on the radar than other villains around. Both succubi are good, as the amounts of people could give us MINIONS. They also let us say that people join us by choice.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: August 28, 2013, 01:23:39 pm »

I'd like mission 3, but if we do that it makes sense to send Chemista rather than Psyquid, right? After all, she's the one who knows what will be helpful.

For example, I notice that Psyquid gave us a mission to fetch scientists, but what Chemista said she needed was safety equipment and chemicals. So...again, not convinced Psyquid is the best adviser to send on that particular mission.

What should we send? Psysquid (to kill the security), both succubi and cog-minions?

It would be useful to have more human subjects. Since we apparently have limited space on the zeppelin, I wonder if merely an adviser and only 2 succubi would be best. The cog minions are mostly fodder, and I'd rather bring back by a bunch of humans.

Unrelated: I think the snake we just made is a monster, and having a bunch of them to defend the lair might be a good idea at some point.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: August 28, 2013, 01:26:41 pm »

I'd like mission 3, but if we do that it makes sense to send Chemista rather than Psyquid, right? After all, she's the one who knows what will be helpful.

For example, I notice that Psyquid gave us a mission to fetch scientists, but what Chemista said she needed was safety equipment and chemicals. So...again, not convinced Psyquid is the best adviser to send on that particular mission.

It would be useful to have more human subjects. Since we apparently have limited space on the zeppelin, I wonder if merely an adviser and only 2 succubi would be best. The cog minions are mostly fodder, and I'd rather bring back by a bunch of humans.

Unrelated: I think the snake we just made is a monster, and having a bunch of them to defend the lair might be a good idea at some point.
I think that we will lose some minions due to security, so we can have more test subjects!

And, now that I think about it, yes, send Chemista and sidekick, not Psysquid.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: August 28, 2013, 01:27:23 pm »

We should ask psysquid if he can read minds. A quick mind-reading should give him the information he needs. Maybe a live-feed camera from the mission, with a two-way voice chat, could be used so that Chemista could ask and recieve. No making Chemista angry mid-mission, though. Shenanigans are not acceptable when doing something important.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: August 28, 2013, 01:29:42 pm »

I think that we will lose some minions due to security, so we can have more test subjects!

Ok. That works. Cog-minions are highly expendable.

ask psysquid if he can read minds.

Let's hope not.

Maybe a live-feed camera from the mission, with a two-way voice chat

That would be an  acceptable solution. But...do we really want to set the precedent that advisers take turns rather than we choose who to send?

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 213