Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 213

Author Topic: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game  (Read 257973 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game
« Reply #210 on: August 28, 2013, 09:46:07 am »

Maybe instead:

"I caught one of yours and I gave her a place amongst us. If you had caught one of mine, would you have done the same?"
and THEN
"Not all is what it seems. Maybe one day, you'll look back upon this day, and realize who's the real monster."
say this.

I like that, but with edits I made.

Just a subtle hint that we're actually the Big Bad.
Certainly, we deserve the usage of the Majestic plural.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #211 on: August 28, 2013, 10:10:09 am »

"We caught one of yours and we gave her a place amongst us. If you had caught one of us, would you have done the same?" you say, stopping the girls from speaking yet. "Not all is what it seems. Maybe one day, you'll look back upon this day, and realize who's the real monster."

You then turn, your trench-coat majestically flapping in the suddenly appeared wind, and you leave with Cerulean at your side staring at you with wide eyes. You reach the hallway, before the sound of wheels spinning comes from behind you. You turn just in time to see Crimson reach for you and stop, holding on to a cerulean plastic thingie that looks just like a magical's girl staff...her hands are bleeding from pushing the wheels of her wheelchair, and she's breathing raggedly.

"Ehm...this," she says, slowly advancing and moving to hand it over to Cerulean. "It's...yours."
"Crimson..." Cerulean whispers.
"Cerulean...I'm sorry..." she smiles, "I have to...go back to the team," she hesitantly starts to push her wheelchair back, when Cerulean hugs her.
"Thank you," you hear Cerulean whisper.
"You treat her well, eh," Crimson says eying you, "And tell that Overlord of yours that we won't pull any punches against him when we come for him."
You nod and leave.

You are barely outside that you hear a crack and watch as Cerulean snaps her magical wand in half and then throws it inside the garbage bin nearby.
"They all have a transmitter inside," she mutters. "I'm not leading them back to our home." And with that said, you nod and head off to where you hid your Zeppelin.

Your return home is rounded with a nice applause from Gamington.
"Wonderful! Majestic! We didn't see you at all! Wonderful performance! Simply Magnifique!!"
"You took a dangerous risk, my Evil Overlordness," Chemista states plainly.
"Aw! My proud little baby is back home!" The Succubus -she should have a name of sorts, maybe you should find out? glomps on Cerulean and hugs her. "How was it? Seen any cute kids? Anyone caught your interest yet?"
"Mooom..." Cerulean whines, like a kid.

Somehow that sappiness tugs at your heartstrings.

Still, you're an Evil Overlord. Time to act like that.

You are still in Downkeep. Try Mutations on House Animals? (If so, state combinations)
Do you really wish to further 'Combine' Lord Gamington with the Anaconda?
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 28, 2013, 10:12:15 am »

Actually, don't combine Lord G with the snake; we have male prisoners from the park raid, don't we?

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: August 28, 2013, 10:18:03 am »

Combine cephalopod with snake to make the ultimate Cthulu prototipe! But combine them on a prisoner.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: August 28, 2013, 10:26:20 am »

Combine cat and dog. Keep everyone happy.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: August 28, 2013, 10:28:31 am »

Oh, and make the other prisoner a bunny that smokes, so that he becomes our organization's face.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: August 28, 2013, 10:32:45 am »

I'd like to experiment with multiple combinations as well as see how consistent similar applications will be.

Take the two men we captured from the park, apply the same mutagen (whichever) to both of them. Compare results. Want to know if we get the same thing with both. Then, pick a different mutagen (whichever) and apply it to both of them. Observe. If by some crazy chance they both come through it ok, pick a third mutagen and apply it. If they both turn out bad...then pick a another mutagen and apply it anyway, just to see what happens. If at some point one goes bad and one remains viable, stop and keep the viable one.

Also, ask Succubus for her name.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: August 28, 2013, 10:41:05 am »

What LordBucket said.

And make more Cog-Minions.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: August 28, 2013, 10:44:37 am »

What LordBucket said.

I'd say we should stop on the second one. Going further would be evil for the sake of evil beyond our standards. On the other hand, would it be more stable if we took a mutagen from them and applied it to something else?
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 10:52:33 am by Eotyrannus »

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: August 28, 2013, 10:45:46 am »

PTW
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: August 28, 2013, 10:59:12 am »

The succubi names may be... I dunno, Isabella (famous vampire from warhammer) and Lahmia (place where vampires come from, also in warhammer)? Or else I'll get my Tome of Corruption and roll random proper (and barely pronounceable) demonic names.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: August 28, 2013, 11:00:02 am »

I am in favor of more Cog minions and a report on how many mutagens/prisoners we have right now.

Also look for psysquid i didn't see him at the "welcome back home boss" ceremony. He may be planning something...

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #222 on: August 28, 2013, 11:53:32 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Chemista looks like a baby who was just handed over the keys to the a Firework Factory.
And a Flamethrower to turn them all on faster.

Excited as she is...
She fails.

You watch from your spot as the first needle is inserted, the one that supposedly should give you a Psysquid -albeit a weaker version, you hope- when...when it fails.
The human convulses, froth emerges from his mouth and then...then in front of your eyes his entire Dna tears apart as he becomes a...
A blob.
A mass of gelatinous blob that breaks and is quickly thrown away.
Chemista nervously chuckles. "Ops, hand slipped your Overlordness...I'll do better with the next one."

The second mutagen (as always, still Squid)

Fails. The second blob falls down on the ground and slowly goes down the drain.
Chemista watches it go, and then turns towards you. "Well...seems like I failed."

Psysquid is swimming in the bay, where you head over in order to mull over the recent failure of Chemista. Maybe if she had better equipment or some lab assistants...Clearly, Cerulean can't help her on that but someone else...
And that's when you see Psysquid happily playing with a rubber duck. A bright, yellow rubber duck.
"You are so mean to me!" he whines to the duck. "I just want to...nah, doesn't work," he sighs. "It's just not the same imagining insults and being insulted!" he sniffles in the water. "Maybe I should make someone angry...uhm..."
And he turns thoughtful.

You are still in Downkeep. You can Do Fluff or pass to the Next Turn.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: August 28, 2013, 11:55:01 am »

What LordBucket said.

I'd say we should stop on the second one. Going further would be evil for the sake of evil beyond our standards. On the other hand, would it be more stable if we took a mutagen from them and applied it to something else?

On that note, take the anaconda and give her squid-mutagen!
Else I would agree partial with LordBucket, and fully with Eotyrannus.

... these connections are just >>  nvm all that.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 12:03:38 pm by escaped lurker »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 213