Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 213

Author Topic: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game  (Read 259618 times)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game
« Reply #2010 on: November 20, 2013, 04:16:21 pm »

I'd rather stop the shenanigans and finish this so that we can go back to the normal game

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #2011 on: November 20, 2013, 04:18:25 pm »

Ok, I'm good with that, just pointing that out.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2012 on: November 20, 2013, 04:26:20 pm »

Poison would probably still get in his system, plus I figure its a more if we kill this one we have no way of getting the others than, he dies they die type deal. Would rather not rush the rest of this btw, might as well finish what we started for the possible bonuses. Taking no risks from now on of course.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2013 on: November 20, 2013, 04:29:04 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The Psysquid who you would very much like to kill just gives you a...did he just give you a middle finger?
And then he pushes the Nihilism button.

The moment he does that, another Psysquid emerges -looking visibly ragged- from the temple.
It takes a while to pull him inside. He doesn't look that bad. If not for the small talon like appendages and the slightly increased brain capacity.
And the fact he is currently murmuring the word 'God' as if it were his only safety against whatever horrors he saw on the other side.
"It was so cold..." he whispers, trembling as he grips onto the hem of your robes, "So...so...cold...the things...the things!" he yells, before returning to shaking and cradling his legs with his arms. "The things..."
He looks at you pleadingly. "Never again, please...never again. Please...Please!" he starts to sob and cry like a child, pushing his face against his knees as if to merge with them.
The goldfish around your head seems keen on doing small 'Meh, wussie' sounds.

Ability Acquired - Nihilistic Yellow King: +1 Control, + 0.5 Destruction.
Prescience Power-Up Choice: Bypass Nullifier OR No Recharge Time.
Psysquid is Broken -For the Moment-

“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2014 on: November 20, 2013, 04:34:13 pm »

Ask him what button he had to press to get to our reality.

Just curious what it's called.

Edit: Err, make sure he's okay first I guess.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2015 on: November 20, 2013, 04:38:20 pm »

Just as a note, this means that our psysquid is currently stuck with the genetical mutation hard core overlord.

We might want to get him back.

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2016 on: November 20, 2013, 04:38:45 pm »

Oh god what have they done, oh god what could they have done to our guy. No Recharge time.
Get our guy back, for all we know all the flavors refers to sending him to all of them.
Sure would like to know our guys title.
Edit:Still want to consider sending him to the others.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #2017 on: November 20, 2013, 04:43:17 pm »

I would like the cancel nullified really, seems a better choice in the long run.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #2018 on: November 20, 2013, 04:44:01 pm »

Let's give him all the love and hugs he needs until he gets better. And by that, I mean go send everyone involved in the mission to Chemista, for psychology tests.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2019 on: November 20, 2013, 04:45:23 pm »

I want to make sure that he is OUR Psysquid, you know.

Ask him what does he think about Chemista.

I will abstain from choosing a power up from now.

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2020 on: November 20, 2013, 04:47:51 pm »

He is the Yellow King Tom, we sent him to Nih's world, our guy is still in Yellow Kings world, unless they can change about without our world being involved.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2021 on: November 20, 2013, 04:58:58 pm »

I want to make sure that he is OUR Psysquid, you know.

Ask him what does he think about Chemista.

I will abstain from choosing a power up from now.

Or just ask him if he's our Psysquid. I don't think he'd bother lying.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2022 on: November 20, 2013, 05:25:54 pm »

I was trying to sort out the odds of this switching being not 'displacement' (I take your spot, you take mine) but 'round robin' (that's actually more Lovecraftian, once we get into the dreamlands stuff, where everything has a counterpoint but just because you come or go doesn't mean you can come or go -back-, even ever.... the whole frame can shift, all of your counterparts and the reference frame shifting with each shift so there is -no- back to go to, and just because Yellow King came here doesn't prove where Psisquid went or how to bring him back).

Then I realized that if round robin was going on, Nihlist would not have needed to be told that he was in an alternate reality.  It would have been the -second- flip for him, and he would only have needed to understand our flavor of reality, not anything about the actual change.  So Round robin is out.

And our Psisquid probably is in Yellow King's reality, still.  Alive or dead, injured or not - because Nihlist also lied about what happens to one of them happening to all.  That was never true - because he doesn't know if it's true or not - that was said to work our fears and intentions and to protect us from him - that Psysquid had more fear of us than he dared show.  The Psysquids are different, and the switch through our reality is their only intersection with each other (thank the Elder Gods.... Round Robin is -way worse-).  That loss of a tentacle is a form of proof of that.

Then I wanted to question Yellow King about what would be done to our Psisquid in Yellow King's Overlord's hands.... then I realized that no matter what, more time in this situation doesn't help Psisquid.  It's probably either 'already to late', or he's in some ongoing unpleasant experience.  If it's too late, maybe Yellow King will fail when he tries to return, maybe King's the new Squid.

But I want to try, so we send him back fast.

But we don't have to send him back so fast that he's still broken.  We are control. We are a fixer.  And we have Standards.  So we Make It Quick.

We need eye contact with Yellow King.  We need physical contact.  We -take- his mind, his attention, we become either his sense of self or we surround his sense of self so closely that to him it is a shared thing.  We touch him in that way with our strength, we -take- his will.

And then tell him, "You are what you have always been.  Every you that is, is.  You exist -within- -my- -power- -now-.  This is the core of what -I- am, unlike the Overlord that is yours.  And I can change you.  Again.  Here, I created you.  Here, I make you again.  Choose what you want to be.  Choose what you want to forget, what you want to remember.  I will make it true as you reach for what you choose."

And listen closely.  If he suddenly feels - or if we suddenly feel, the 'feel' of "Our Psisquid"... that probably means that ours is already dead.  Pull that feeling in, make it one with this one, and make them together whole, together one, with the feel of our Psisquid dominant and truest, the other also there and welcome.

If we don't feel Our Psisquid as we do this, simply heal him in the directions he goes, in the directions he feels strongest in.

Then release him, and as we draw the power of our mind back from him and leave him a single and unbound soul again, keep eye contact as we command him - if you return to your world and realize that Our Psisquid died there before you came back to there - return to Us.  You have tasted Our strength, shared it - you are also Ours now.  Return to me, and take the place of what We have lost.

Then command him to return 'home', as whole and strong as our might has been able to recreate him to be.

Remain ready to repair Our Psisquid when he returns to us.  That may be needed.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2023 on: November 20, 2013, 08:30:11 pm »

Nice wall of text, but we dont know if it is our psysquid or not. And I think that he is, considering how the GM said that he has "small talon like appendages", that probably got from yellow king dimension. Our Psysquid probably went through the same dimension we contacted.

Also, about the power:

I choose bypass nullifier because we can keep upgrading between mission days, but we can't risk going to another ambush.

Cattani

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2024 on: November 20, 2013, 08:39:51 pm »

Imp you actually lost me there. I did not understand how we would reach into his mind like you're suggesting? Our psychic was Psysquid, we're currently toolless mentally-speaking.

+1 to nullifier penetration.
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 213