Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 213

Author Topic: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game  (Read 259381 times)

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
Re: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game
« Reply #1260 on: September 23, 2013, 03:21:33 pm »

Grab the yet-to-choose and whichever the sidekicks say will be worse off. This isn't a destruction mission, this is a control mission, and we're here for the kids, not to weaken the heroes.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: September 23, 2013, 03:29:30 pm »

tough choice and i can't really pick.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: September 23, 2013, 03:31:55 pm »

Save the kids, from the undecided branch. also, only one branch so the other children don't see what is happening.

We're here to prove the evil of the HEROES system. Killing them would not only make us massive hypocrites and no better than them, but also would probably break Cerulean even more. We are doing this mission partly for her, are we not ?

also, saving the kids = more things to mutate.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 04:22:25 pm by Naryar »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: September 23, 2013, 03:35:51 pm »

Also, did we catch all this on tape? We really should.

On a side note, we do know that if we don't make sure that everyone who doesn't leave with us, dies, we're going to get a few new heroics after us.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: September 23, 2013, 03:44:01 pm »

Is there any way we can slow down the trap to evacuate the building? If there's any way we can have more survivors, the better. We're the righteous guys here, not the Good guys.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: September 23, 2013, 03:48:17 pm »

Tough choice, I say the future-hero children.

But make sure that the rest have no idea of what happened here. I hate to say this, but maybe it would be better to just let them die here.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: September 23, 2013, 03:58:15 pm »

If we kill them all, then we are no better than the heroes.

Besides, we have lost quite a bit of troops here. If we kill them, we earn nothing ; if we save some however, we do.

We can always go sack a few orphanages if we are worried about new heroes popping up.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: September 23, 2013, 04:00:12 pm »

Oh,oh, I have an idea! Take them all to the potheads! That way we save everyone!

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: September 23, 2013, 04:18:06 pm »

Potheads are in Hero-City. Besides, we are into enemy territory right here.

« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 04:20:14 pm by Naryar »

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: September 23, 2013, 04:19:15 pm »

I support either 10 from future heros and 10 from yet to choose -

Or as many as we can from yet to choose only.

If we do not split up, and have to search two distant places, then we can get more - maybe all - of the uncategorized children.

This gives us a chance perhaps to get more than 20.  Unknowns seem to fit us best as well.

Additionally the heroes probably know less about the unsorted children than they do about the others.  They will have more to consider and check, wonder and worry about, if we focus upon those that are unknown to them - but apparently not unknown to us.  They'll likely ascribe reasons to our focus, which will also be entertaining and possibly educational.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 04:21:38 pm by Imp »
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: September 23, 2013, 04:22:50 pm »

Additionally the heroes probably know less about the unsorted children than they do about the others.  They will have more to consider and check, wonder and worry about, if we focus upon those that are unknown to them - but apparently not unknown to us.  They'll likely ascribe reasons to our focus, which will also be entertaining and possibly educational.

+1

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: September 23, 2013, 05:40:14 pm »

+1

+2, we save everyone we can save from the unprocessed and the least broken children. Then we should have them as special guests at our television show, let normal human children tell everyone that they are still alive and about what they experienced in the orphanage. If possible, also broadcast Sergeant's hopefully recorded words about how he is willing to kill and torture the children. Spread truth and propaganda.

Honestly, having their recruitment base collapse on itself over the mutilated corpse of their best instructor is a setback enough. Killing children is not what we do.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 07:04:34 pm by Knit tie »

Travisplo

• Bay Watcher
  • Lich with Bumps of grandeur! The Necromonsieur!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: September 23, 2013, 06:46:39 pm »

+1

+2, we save everyone we can save from the unprocessed and the least broken children. Then we should have them as special guests at our television show, let normal human children tell everyone that they are still alive and about what they experienced in the orphanage. If possible, also broadcast Sergeant's hopefully recorded words about how he is willing to kill and torture the children. Spread truth and propaganda.

Honestly, having their recruitment base collapse on itself over the mutilated corpse of their best instructor is a setback enough. Killing children is not what we do.
Perfect!
Heh, I posted that as a joke. Then again, this is Bay12 and this plan is crazy enough to work...
Bump all day, bump all night, yeah this thread needs a bump alright!

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: September 23, 2013, 06:55:02 pm »

Then we should have them as special guests at our television show, let normal human children tell everyone that they are still alive and about what they experienced in the orphanage. If possible, also broadcast Sergeant's hopefully recorded words about how he is willing to kill and torture the children. Spread truth and propaganda.

Hrm.  I suppose, if things continue to go well, we should give some/most of these kids, especially the ones picked to show on the telly, a choice between being released as is, to face the world as it is, or a choice of joining us as part of our family, with a place, acceptance, and as much security as the lair offers anyone of their type and caliber?

And various confusing things can be done to the ones who seek to rejoin the cruel outside world, to help ensure they are unable to help locate our base (maybe those that are to be released are simply taken to some other location, not ever shown the lair, just in case they have some sort of super-locating abilities?)

I could support this idea, as a compromise.  But I still say we should simply mutate everyone we get our cogs on, period.  I wanted us to convert Knighthowl even, after all.  Some will die in the process of conversions.  Most will die at some later point in our adventures.

(Speaking of our forces dying on missions, and the depth of our losses this time...

Besides, we have lost quite a bit of troops here.

Actually, we haven't.  We did lose Borble, which was unbeknownst to us apparently a single use Dark Minion in any case (and if that is true, we got an utterly awesome use from it, in a mission that needed the help, since elephants which don't forget can still be forgotten  :o)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And we lost the Dark Minion IT.  I do regret that, but not overmuch.  For one, IT really wasn't that powerful, at least on this mission in either the initial control roll (+.25) or during the fighting within the mission (+.75), and it revealed no extra extras upon peril and reality of IT's death (unless you want to count exploding in a pile of vomit and alcohol, which happened but did nothing to change the odds of the battle).  It is true that IT could have been very useful (somehow?) for the start of destruction missions or in some other fashion (IT's have traditionally been very good at finding things, getting into and back out of secret and hidden places, and occasionally even sleight-of-hand style assassinations)... but somehow I think we're fine with this loss.

If we are not, well as IT was a summoned being, there's a chance we can summon another IT... if we REALLY want to.  IT is probably a highly dumb idea to ever try for again, after all remember what happened when we originally summoned IT...

You grimace, and then you head over to the Sad System.

You grab a pickaxe. Then some bars of precious metal.
You start to feel slightly cold as you add in gems, magical and not together with luxury items.
Your skin itches, as a few socks and the corpse of a rich guy -now nothing more than a rotting mass- enter the altar.
You're really starting to believe this is a bad idea.
You then grab the cat, the animals from the zoo that still remain...
The shadows around the altar start to grow even darker, if that is possible.
Then you pour a generous dose of booze, some metal spikes and some hair from your stubble.
You don't know why you write a 'Store Item in Stockpile' note, or why you then place it in the mixture...

What you know, is that then you pray to whatever dark god there is that you will not fail to control the results.
And then, you begin the summoning.

I call you forth...from the deepest depths of nothingness and evil, from the darkest places ever to be generated. COME! I SUMMON THEE!
You are...

The ground trembles, as fire and magma erupts from the altar, burning and sizzling the contents until a charred obsidian lump remains...which soon starts to crack and give way.

Your voice trembles as you bring up your unholy rosario.

it's...it's...

Then the obsidian cast breaks apart.

The thing that emerges...is a strange brown mass of pulsing flesh and fur.
It quivers, before spikes emerge from its entire body hidden by the fur.
You have no idea what the thing is...
It slowly looks around for a moment, before gripping at the dirty room and suddenly moving to tidy it up quickly.
What the hell is it?
"Ehm...what are you?"
The Dark Minion stops and looks at you for a moment, cocking its head to the side.
Its spikes retract.
"IT."

You summoned an IT!

Yep, we hadn't even wanted IT in the first place, we wanted a dorf.  And we had all kinds of bad foreshadowing as we went about getting IT and even more during trying to control IT.  I say, good riddance - but thank you for the show, you were awesome, scary, and thankfully not as terrible as you could have been.

And we lost 'all' of our mooks, which you might be focused on.  But that's alright - that's what mooks are for!  We can make them up to 10 at a turn, they're faceless, nameless, and worth nothing more than their bonuses to the story save for when the story briefly needs or allows them to be more - or save when one of us reaches out and claims one, as happened with our most excellent Lord Gamington.)

Yes, we want these children.  We want them alive, we want them out of the heroes system and ideally mutating into their places in our forces.  Failing that, we want them out there in the world, just not bound to the hero system.  Failing that, we might prefer them alive still, though we'll have to fight and perhaps kill them later - or not.  Remember, growing up takes years.  This likely is NOT our only shot at saving/freeing/capturing/rescuing the kids that survive this place's demise and don't come with us.  It might be a while before we have another chance, but growing up and growing into superpowers takes TIME.  And so far, we have time.

We'll use a couple rounds of that time to recreate our lost mooks.

Only thing I'm worried about at this point is taking too many kids to keep track of and control over, and rushing for 'their sakes' or to 'preserve our sense of our standards' enough that we don't properly inculcate our values, standards, and traditions into their personalities, allowing them to foolishly think they should rebel against us or something.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: September 23, 2013, 07:12:23 pm »

Imp, I wanted to mutate/cogify the children anyway after the TV show anyway. I just thought that having obviously non-monster children support us on a public broadcast can be beneficial to our image.

On an unrelated but important note:

I, in the light of this mssion, no longer believe that Chemista should be sent on missions. She appears to be nigh-useless in actual combat, save possibly for the situation in which she has nowhere to run, as was with Knighthowl. Therefore, the only bonus her presence grants is +1 on destruction and control missions or +2 on mixed ones, which is similar to the abilities of a sidekick. Psysquid with his +0.5/+1 mission success bonus, however, has a permanent +2 (naturally psychic) bonus in combat and two bonus-granting abilities, +6 and +4 respectively, the latter of which could have been handy in this fight, causing him to be much better than Chemista on any mission that involves fighting and very magrinally worse than her otherwise. Gamington, in combat, also grants +2 permanently and +6 during the first turn in addition to negating the first 6 damage and having an absolutely brutal "taking you with me" Heroic-level +14 "Swan Dance" ability. And let's also not forget that his mission bonuses are +2 on destruction and +1 on mixed missions, a "mirror image" of those of Chemista.

Chemista is simply very inferior to other dark advisors when it comes to missions, especially considering that there have been only 3 missions to date that did not involve fighting. Methinks we should just let the old lady act as the mission control/troop provider/last line of defence person she is obviously intended to be and get ourselves another combat-capable Dark Advisor.

And Shadenight, your writing is unrivaled - this is one of the most epic battles I have ever witnessed in any forum game ever.

EDIT: BLINDFOLD THE FUCK OUT OF CHILDREN WHILE THEY ARE ON THE ZEPPELIN AND CHECK THEIR CLOTHING, POSESSIONS AND THE ZEPPELINS THEMSELVES THOROUGHLY FOR ANY TRACKING DEVICES AND UNWANTED PASSENGERS. WE ARE NOT HAVING ANOTHER KNIGHTHOWL EPISODE.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 07:39:37 pm by Knit tie »
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 213