Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 213

Author Topic: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game  (Read 254174 times)

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
Re: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game
« Reply #120 on: August 27, 2013, 06:02:49 pm »

"If it was, it backfired upon him. You have proved your worth with the acquisition of Cerulean, who will be a valuable asset in no time. My main goal is trying to get my Dark Advisors to work in synchrony, without these petty squabbles."

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 27, 2013, 06:04:56 pm »

Do you want to investigate on the matter?

It seems implausible. If Psysquid were trying to set up Lord Gamington...presumably it would have been by making a particularly dangerous mission seem more attractive, right? That would have been the mission about which he said "Uhm...my senses are tingling on this one. Something secret, maybe?." But we didn't send him on that mission. We ordered him on the mission that Psyquid said he "had nothing" on.

In any case, to address his concerns let's make a general policy of not agreeing in advance who will be assigned to missions. It was after all, Gamington's idea to make sure that everyone knew he'd be getting the next one. If there's no advance knowledge, subterfuge between advisers will be less likely.

plushie of a Hydraulic Succubus.

That is super cute. ^_^

do anything else?

Form a legitimate corporation involved in the manufacture and sale of Incognito brand Hydraulic Succubus plushies. With Real Evil(tm) inside!

A well-received marketing campaign might make it politically difficult for heroes to openly attack us.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 27, 2013, 06:24:35 pm »

Idea!

Send Lord Gamington and Psysquid on a mission and maybe see how loyal psysquid reacts.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 27, 2013, 06:28:08 pm »

Sending 2 evil advisors on a mission is asking for disaster.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 27, 2013, 06:33:52 pm »

Sending 2 evil advisors on a mission is asking for disaster.
The thing is, that we even can't do it.

On the matter of Psysquid, I have to say that I already knew that this was going to happen, but didn't thought that Lord Gamington would be good at the other missions.

We need to find a way to dispose of him without him knowing. More experiments, maybe?

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 27, 2013, 06:38:39 pm »

Dispose psy? how he has that psy attack last time i read. only way is if we sacrificed more cogs on a super-dangerous mission...maybe we can send him into a Victorian Military prison and release all the prisoners to go wild and cause shit loads of trouble. Along the way a super Hero comes and takes him out for us?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 27, 2013, 06:51:20 pm »

Psysquid is actually a good tool to keep handy and not exterminated.  He's useful for all sorts of stuff.  He's the sort of character that has the answers for the problems that have no answers.  When all is lost, Psysquid will 'fix it' and all will not be lost anymore.

He's already playing Xanatos Speed Chess, all by himself and happily until he gets an actual opponent, but he knows all the pieces on the board, and he knows which the king is.  He always was ours, and always needed us, just hadn't known it.  He won't forget it, now that he does know.  He still needs us, and he won't go to far outside of the lines, he's way to smart for that.  Without us, he has no chess board and loses almost every piece.

Sure, he's 'dangerous', and he's a little hard to understand.  But he knows and loves the game, and without us, there is no game.  The worst he will do is mischief and annoyance.  Don't forget, almost every really good weapon is also dangerous, and could be a problem.  It's those very traits, and the other factors that link to those traits, that make something a best weapon.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 27, 2013, 06:56:35 pm »

Psysquid is actually a good tool to keep handy and not exterminated.  He's useful for all sorts of stuff.  He's the sort of character that has the answers for the problems that have no answers.  When all is lost, Psysquid will 'fix it' and all will not be lost anymore.

He's already playing Xanatos Speed Chess, all by himself and happily until he gets an actual opponent, but he knows all the pieces on the board, and he knows which the king is.  He always was ours, and always needed us, just hadn't known it.  He won't forget it, now that he does know.  He still needs us, and he won't go to far outside of the lines, he's way to smart for that.  Without us, he has no chess board and loses almost every piece.

Sure, he's 'dangerous', and he's a little hard to understand.  But he knows and loves the game, and without us, there is no game.  The worst he will do is mischief and annoyance.  Don't forget, almost every really good weapon is also dangerous, and could be a problem.  It's those very traits, and the other factors that link to those traits, that make something a best weapon.

Imp makes a good point here gentleman...however i think maybe we should test if he really is a masochist to you know for authenticity purposes. Plus it could let us peer through inside more of his diabolical character.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 27, 2013, 07:18:46 pm »

Imp makes a good point here gentleman...however i think maybe we should test if he really is a masochist to you know for authenticity purposes. Plus it could let us peer through inside more of his diabolical character.
Why can't he be plotting our fall? Why can't he be thinking about how he will kill us and take our place? I just don't trust him. Really, even is he is useful, the risk that involves keeping him with us is not worthwhile.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 27, 2013, 07:22:31 pm »

Of course he's only a masochist in the sense that our character percieves him as one.

He's an emotional sadist.

Squid, octopus, cuttlefish, and all other members of that family have skin that contains chromatophores, and are able to change the color of their skin by tiny muscles that adjust them.  Mammals have tiny muscles, called arrector pili muscles, which allow our hair to stand on end.  Ever felt goose bumps, or the sensation of 'your hair standing on end'?  Moods and sensations cause those muscles to act in mammals and the not-quite fishy folk alike.  And this guy is psionicaly adept.  So his body can react to the moods and emotions, not only of himself, but of those around him.

We made him a monster.  He is one, oh boy is he one.  He has monstrous senses.  Mikey likes it, to quote an ancient commercial, where a gang of kids forced one of their number, known to be a picky eater, into trying a new type of cereal.  Their plan backfired, because Mikey liked it.  But we wanted Joe to like this.  He does, so he doesn't get punished for that, right?  We do have standards, and I say he fits them.  Our plan did not backfire.

Feel free to test his apparent masochism - just in non destructive ways that are not especially distasteful for him should he prove not to be a masochist - and in a fashion fitting for a character under our power who is probably more than 10x smarter than our own character is.  He is ours, and loyal, and making him think this is a bad deal for him is probably a seriously stupid choice if we made it.

Why can't he be plotting our fall? Why can't he be thinking about how he will kill us and take our place? I just don't trust him. Really, even is he is useful, the risk that involves keeping him with us is not worthwhile.

Consider that smarter then us is not bad, if he is on our side, even in a slightly twisted and personalized way.  Does he want to follow someone instead of having to be a leader?  Does he like things the way they are/the way we run them?  Is he content and comfortable, amused and pleased much of the time, and when he's not, is it not because of our direct actions and intention to make him uncomfortable?

If the answer to these questions remains yes, I think we have mutually assured satisfaction here, and no actual problem with Psysquid - or him with us.  Lets not transform our creation again into an effective enemy, or even just waste his potential.  I for one think he's awesome and want him to remain on our team.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 27, 2013, 07:30:16 pm »

Now that i think about it IF he became the leader he would have to either swing support or destroy goo-girl, The Lord, side kick magical girl, the cods, and the sucubi. That would be quite the feat and i just don't think he's shown the ability to do that.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 27, 2013, 08:30:00 pm »

This should be turned into an anime! The plushie succubus is sooooo cute!
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 27, 2013, 08:38:50 pm »

This should be turned into an anime! The plushie succubus is sooooo cute!
+1 someone should draw a picture of what we and all our cast of villains look like.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 27, 2013, 08:51:06 pm »

I'll try, if I can get the scanners to work!
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 27, 2013, 08:52:42 pm »

I'll try, if I can get the scanners to work!

My hero u so yummay! ;)
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 213