Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 27

Author Topic: ~ Lost (Co-op Forum RPG) - Where Are We? ~  (Read 17655 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: ~ Lost - (Co-op Forum RPG) ~
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2013, 07:49:54 am »

((Question: do two handed swords prevent using a buckler?))

Spoiler: Ket the Shamed (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 07:59:58 am by GiglameshDespair »
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Aninimouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2013, 07:58:11 am »

Gilgamesh:
No they would not, it would just be a little less effective.
And the sheet looks fine, though I think you're two Stat points over.

Wolf:
Okay, going off of the traits you mentioned, I think that'd be fine. I'd say it'd be something like:
+15% Bonus Wisdom, +15% Bonus Intelligence, +15% Bonus Dexterity, -25% Bonus Endurance, -25% Bonus Strength
(At a tiny loss there, to make up for the shapeshifting. I imagine the fox form would give a bit of a movement speed bonus and confer the Small Creature modifier stuff, and stats from equipment would be retained but weapons would be unusable.)
He'd killed a man before one time, with his bare hands, and he could do it again, if he put something in his bare hands like a knife or a gun or something that he could kill somebody with.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2013, 08:00:49 am »

NICE, thanks, working on character now

Done: hows this?

Spoiler:  Gayle (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 04:51:09 pm by wolfchild »
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Aninimouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2013, 08:38:29 am »

Stats and proficiencies look fine, and I believe you do have another 13 Skill Points to spend from your Intelligence bonus. (And just a heads-up, you couldn't use that to raise your Enchanting above 26.)
He'd killed a man before one time, with his bare hands, and he could do it again, if he put something in his bare hands like a knife or a gun or something that he could kill somebody with.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2013, 08:39:50 am »

K, and i forgot completely about the int = skill points thing, How did I do that?

added extra skill points
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 08:41:43 am by wolfchild »
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2013, 08:52:51 am »

Can I still join?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Aninimouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2013, 09:03:41 am »

Well... I'm not sure. It doesn't look like there's a dedicated healer, (The only candidates for using healing spells are Clair/Scap & Gayle/Wolf, and while neither of them would be particularly great with them anyways, Clair is also spec'd for Bows and Gayle looks like she's a bit more diverse with the magic schools rather than being focused on Light.)

If your character would be, at the least another 'Part-Time' Healer like they could be, (Not necessarily dedicated, but hey, that works too) I think I would let you on board too, because that's probably going to be important.

(Nature and Light Magic are both the Schools that provide healing spells. Light is more slightly weaker, but instant spells while Nature is slightly stronger, but the healing spells take multiple turns to get the full effect.)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 09:06:15 am by Aninimouse »

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2013, 09:05:26 am »

Actualy my thought process was

Arcane: hmm probably utility with a little blasting
Shadow and light: Best prospects for illusions, but don't worry I will use the entirety of each school if i can

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2013, 09:05:42 am »

Oh. I was thinking a mechanic myself... Well, I guess I may be able to be a doc.
for proficiencies and skills douse the cost drop back to one after level one? because if so I can get a medic up.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Aninimouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2013, 09:14:43 am »

Learning new Proficiencies/Skills is actually more difficult after the actual character creation process, especially with ones that no one in the group knows already.

And, there are a couple of people with the actual Doctor skill I think, which is more for doing healing out of battle, so you wouldn't necessarily need that to cut back on your Mechanic Skills unless you weren't planning on doing any spellcasting at all.

If you were going to be a spellcaster too, A bit in Light or Nature Magic would at least unlock that potential to use Healing Spells.

If you weren't, well, I may still let you join too, because a mechanic could be a useful addition to the group anyways. I don't think anyone has that. It's just that an active healer would be more useful right now.

(And I'll brb, so don't expect any more answers to questions for like 15-20 minutes or so.)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 09:16:57 am by Aninimouse »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2013, 09:17:56 am »

Wasent going to have any magic at all actually.

And I still need to know about the points...
Highly Opinionated Fool

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2013, 09:40:03 am »

Done my bio and disc.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Aninimouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2013, 09:44:36 am »

Well, I guess that's fine. I thought about it and a mechanic will be handy too. Wolf and Scap will just have to make sure they learn a healing spell or two to make sure nobody gets themselves into too much trouble in battle.

And sorry if it wasn't clear, but the cost for learning new proficiencies/skills is not reduced to 1 after creation.

Edit: Ohhh, I know what you mean now, sorry. Yes, it's only the first rank that costs extra. So getting to level 3 in a Proficiency for example - That costs 4 points. Getting to 8 in a skill would cost 12.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 09:59:27 am by Aninimouse »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2013, 10:06:43 am »

Allright. Now I have lots of points to use.

And here one is.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 11:30:53 am by Aseaheru »
Highly Opinionated Fool

Aninimouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2013, 10:27:22 am »

Stats and proficiencies are fine - But I think you should still have another 13 Skill Points to spend.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 27