Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 27

Author Topic: ~ Lost (Co-op Forum RPG) - Where Are We? ~  (Read 17652 times)

Aninimouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
~ Lost (Co-op Forum RPG) - Where Are We? ~
« on: August 24, 2013, 08:51:11 pm »

You may have been a simple Adventurer, a soldier, a merchant, an assassin, or even a noble - but you can't help but feel like that may not matter much anymore. Something is wrong, very wrong.
The last thing you can remember is boarding a ship, you had reasons to travel to the West. It was going to be a long journey, and it must have been only a week ago that it began... Yet you find it so difficult to recall any recent events.

You've woken up, but you certainly aren't on the ship. You are instead lying on the rough stone floor of a cold, dark cavern. It can't be a dream, it feels so real... Yet... Towering before you within the massive chamber is the wreckage of a ship.
It must be the one you'd been on, but how did it get here? The only opening in the roof of this section of the cavern can't be more than a meter wide - and it's not water pouring in through it, but sunlight. The only source of light here.

There are others here too, waking up as well and looking just as confused. A part of you recognizes them, but you still can't remember... They must have been on the ship as well, but... They're the only ones here. There aren't any bodies, and though you can't remember much of your time on the ship, you're entirely certain they hadn't been the only ones with you...
What's going on?

--

This is a cooperative Forum RPG taking place in what would have been a traditional fantasy universe, though something very strange has happened, and you've been dropped into a mysterious, and hostile land where things just aren't quite right. You aren't a party going out on adventures for riches or to stop an evil necromancer from destroying the world. You're a party left with little more than the clothes on your back and your skills to help you get by. Naturally you aren't going to sit down and let monsters or starvation take you, you need to survive - maybe there are others out there - maybe you can figure out what happened... Maybe you can even find a way home, but things don't look good...

A few random notes:

Here's OOC: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=130400.0

Combat is turn based, as you might expect - and goes by an Action Point system. (Usually characters will have 8 in total, various actions take a variable amount of points to perform.)

In case you don't know about this neat little trick: If you see text like This with the dotted line, mouse over it for a little tooltip. I make use of this a lot, usually for things like items.

This isn't a Roguelike, but dying is likely more of a possibility than you'd think, the environment you're to explore and survive in is dangerous, and the only people out there to watch your back are your new 'friends', so be careful!

And you might want to post before you begin work on a character sheet, because right now I'm not sure on a player limit.
Not accepting new characters right this moment, but that may change in the future.

Character Sheet:

Name:
Race: (Human, Dwarf, Elf, Gnome, Orc, Goblin, (OR something else, but be sure to bring it up with me first))
Description:
Bio:

Stats: (60 Points to Spend)
Strength:
Dexterity:
Perception:
Endurance:
Intelligence:
Wisdom:

Proficiencies: (30 Points to Spend (Note that the initial cost to raise a Proficiency to Rank 1 is 2 Points.)

Skills: (60 Points to Spend (Note that the initial cost to raise a Skill to Rank 1 is 5 Points.)

Races:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Attributes:

Proficiencies:

Skills:

« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 08:26:31 pm by Aninimouse »
He'd killed a man before one time, with his bare hands, and he could do it again, if he put something in his bare hands like a knife or a gun or something that he could kill somebody with.

Aninimouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ~ Lost - (Co-op Forum RPG) ~
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2013, 08:52:05 pm »

Reserved for Stuff
He'd killed a man before one time, with his bare hands, and he could do it again, if he put something in his bare hands like a knife or a gun or something that he could kill somebody with.

Aninimouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2013, 08:52:46 pm »

Caboose The Wanderer - (Played by: Lillipad)
Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Spells & Abilities (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Bekter Ramos The Half-Demon (Played by: Patrick Hunt)

Clair Starward The Bandit (Played by: Scapheap)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 05:10:18 pm by Aninimouse »

Aninimouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2013, 08:53:11 pm »

Nixor The Wrestler (Played by: NRDL)

Ket The Shamed (Played by: GiglameshDespair)

Gayle The Illusionist - (Played by: wolfchild)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 05:07:55 pm by Aninimouse »

Aninimouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2013, 08:53:39 pm »

Edgar The Tinker (Played by: Aseaheru)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 05:07:09 pm by Aninimouse »

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2013, 08:58:29 pm »

Reserved.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 09:05:07 pm by Alexandria »
The darkness was eternal, all-powerful, unchangeable.
She had stared into it for to many years, alone and unblinking, determined that it would not take her.
Now it never would.
Now she was lighting a candle.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2013, 09:09:34 pm »

Character coming up.

I'd like to use a non standard race, I can describe it here or PM it to you if you'd prefer?

« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 07:59:23 am by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Aninimouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2013, 09:16:28 pm »

You can post it here or PM it to me, whichever you'd prefer.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2013, 10:39:46 pm »

« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 10:46:20 pm by Lillipad »
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2013, 05:32:38 am »

« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 09:39:20 am by scapheap »
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2013, 05:39:40 am »

Please tell me if this is alright, or if I got anything wrong with the math.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 02:52:50 am by NRDL »
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2013, 05:43:23 am »

Reserve, will make sheet once I have a real keyboard (i get home)

Question before I make the character, Would a Kitsune be a viable choice? I unfortunately am unsure what stats they would have, although they are generaly qick, and magical put frail, also tricksters and shapeshifters but that is up to you, if you even accept the race
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 06:18:32 am by wolfchild »
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2013, 07:10:48 am »

I'd like to play, please - character sheet posted - is on next page.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 07:51:24 am by GiglameshDespair »
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Aninimouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2013, 07:17:03 am »

Okay, Patrick - Lilli - Scap - and NRDL, all looks good.

But NRDL: You actually should would have 29 Unarmed, just a heads up, and: And I'm guessing by the "Tell me if this is alright" and the description, you want the "Large" Modifier, but as a Human? If so, that's fine.

Wolf: Hm... I think that'd be alright, though go into a bit more detail about what you'd want from the shapeshifting.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2013, 07:32:28 am »

Its between a fox ,full human and true form, true form being a humanoid fox, any other changes would be illusions. Also depending on how powerful they are they have between 1 and 9 tails, more = more powerful, IE probably this character is going to be one tailed
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 27