Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarf trying to pick up equipment, but not...  (Read 453 times)

Dwarfchik 9000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dwarf trying to pick up equipment, but not...
« on: March 02, 2008, 11:11:00 am »

So I got this Legendary Bowyer that fancies himself a Trader.  For a long time, he did nothing but stand around eating and drinking when I wanted him to get better at chopping trees.  I realized that I had assigned too many axes out, so I recalled a bunch from my military so he could get one.

So now he'll walk to my weapons pile, stand on a tile that has an axe on it (or a bin with one in it) but wanders away with a question mark without picking it up.  As he's wandering a few paces away with no job, til he gets another Pickup Equipment assignment.  So he walks back to the pile, stands on a tile with an axe on it, and wanders away again without picking it up.  

So he's been walking in circles for a long time now.  What's his problem?  I'm running whichever version was out about two weeks ago - before the Mac versions came out and the ones where traps will catch caravans and stuff.

Thanks!

Ceramics are too dang hippie for dwarves.  <P>Next thing you know, they''ll throwing endless Cave Phish jam sessions.

ColonelTEE3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf trying to pick up equipment, but not...
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2008, 02:54:00 pm »

This happened to me as well with a legendary bowyer who had a bow, and kept dropping it and then picking it up again. I think the problem is is that the dwarf is having trouble picking up the axe while also holding the artifact crossbow/blowgun/bow. The only thing i can think of is to label the artifact he's carrying as "dumped" so that hopefully someone comes along, takes it away from him, and drops it some dump, then unforbid it after your bowyer has picked up an axe and the artifact has been stored somewhere else behind forbidden doors.

This worked for my hammerer when he was killing too many dwarves, someone (or him, i didnt see it myself) took his warhammer and dumped it into the lava pit and he never hurt anyone again (not badley).

Fikod Rulushzasit Alis Mozir, Mace Lord has grown attached to a fox

leather coat