Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14

Author Topic: Roll To Investigate - Post Mortem, and Explanation of Events  (Read 18385 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Investigate - What could go wrong?
« Reply #105 on: September 05, 2013, 10:26:03 am »

"You shouldn't go down there, mon ami, the knife will cut you, cut you bad. Better to shut the door and drop the bolts on the damn thing"

Get away from the door, patch myself up before I bleed to death

((yay lucky rolls))

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 12:43:00 pm by Pancaek »

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
Re: Roll To Investigate - House of Flying Daggers
« Reply #106 on: September 05, 2013, 10:31:54 am »

"Very well. Perhaps we can investigate the screaming instead."

Cave to panicked man. Go investigate what's going on downstairs.

Spoiler: Boganski's status (click to show/hide)

You relent and stop trying to enter the room. Instead you walk over to the stairs and descend to see what all the fuss is about. You see the Frenchman, who has apparently just ascended the basement stairs. He is severely injured and bleeding, you also notice a large tear in the satchel he is clutching. You can't see anything alarming on the basement stairs.

Keep pulling!

Boganski gives up trying to get into the bedroom for now and instead heads downstairs to see what Fortescue was yelling about. He is doing quite a bit of rather rather desperate yelling. Something about getting knifed and needing help.

((We can assume you followed him and are downstairs with the others if you want. Or of course you can do more things upstairs.))

-----------------------------------------------

House Map just to keep it in mind. Pretty much everybody is over near the stairways, mostly on the ground floor on the landing between the one going up and the one going down.
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

My RTD games: Roll To Raptor (On hold), Dino Arena

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 05, 2013, 11:59:52 am »

Help the poor guy out, try to relieve his bleeding if possible.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Investigate - Cosmic Horror, and Fuse Boxes
« Reply #108 on: September 05, 2013, 07:29:19 pm »

Assist with this.

Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 05, 2013, 08:15:30 pm »

Wait patiently then follow the group.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #110 on: September 05, 2013, 09:00:15 pm »

Walk down into the basement holding 2 of my knives out to defend myself.

Second action replaces first?
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 06, 2013, 03:08:45 am »

(( Yeah, no point going down if everyone else is going away from it. ))
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
Re: Roll To Investigate - Don't Go In The Basement
« Reply #112 on: September 06, 2013, 07:16:16 am »

"You shouldn't go down there, mon ami, the knife will cut you, cut you bad. Better to shut the door and drop the bolts on the damn thing"

Get away from the door, patch myself up before I bleed to death

((yay lucky rolls))

You step over into the kitchen and start cleaning and bandaging your wounds. Boganski and Jackson help. The main wound is nasty, a deep slash across your chest. but you successfully close it and stop the bleeding.

When you take out your medical kit you noticed that there is a sizable tear in your satchel, but Boganski closes the hole for you with safety pins. You can mend it properly or replace it later. Your book has a gouge that goes through it's leather cover and the first couple dozen pages. You had a very narrow escape. Your clothing is in sad condition. Shirt and jacket torn and soaked in blood, trousers filthy.

+3 HP.
Bandages down to one use remaining.

You and Jackson help Fortescue clean his wounds and prepare dressings in the kitchen with the items in his medical kit. Seeing an opportunity to repair something you use some safety pins from the kit to temporarily close the tear in his satchel.

((Seemed in character for you. Ok?))

Assist with this.

Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)

You and Boganski help Fortesque clean his wounds and prepare dressings. He has his bag of medical supplies which is a blessing.

While you're at it you remember that you got tossed through a glass window a while ago and see to your own minor injuries.

In the present state of your finances the corresponding wear and tear on your suit. It's the only one you have.

+2 HP.

Harvey Jones waits for the others to get ready to do something.

While you stand idle it occurs to you that you did find some books that were sealed away, but you never examined them.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 06, 2013, 07:38:19 am »

Check the books?
Caine's law.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 06, 2013, 07:42:35 am »

"Hopefully you will keep safe. What happened?" Boganski asks Fortescue.

Ask. Take a look around for anything suspicious.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 06, 2013, 08:11:10 am »

"I'm not sure you'll believe this. I found a strange knife in the basement, but when I went upstairs to check out the noises, the thing started floating and attacked me." He shakes his head "Perhaps we should just burn down the house? Be done with it"

Say

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #116 on: September 06, 2013, 08:14:01 am »

Check the books?

((Sure you can make a cursory examination of the books while you wait. There a lot of material, metagame I'll tell you that thoroughly reading them will take most of two days.))

You get the books out of your bag and look at them. They're hand written diaries from the early to mid 1800's. They're in plain English, though a bit eccentrically phrased at times. The fly leaf at the beginning of the first volume declares it to be that of one Mister Walter Corbit. Most entries are mundane though others seem a bit odd, but it's hard to be sure without context.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 08:16:07 am by Joben »

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Investigate - Lovecraftian Horror
« Reply #117 on: September 06, 2013, 08:20:16 am »

Pick the earliest one and start reading. Look for mentions of monsters, haunting or hiding places for weapons or important things.
Caine's law.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Investigate - Don't Go In The Basement
« Reply #118 on: September 06, 2013, 08:39:28 am »

"Ah. I see," Boganski says without inflection.

Action addendum: listen in carefully. Any noises I can hear? Other than the ones I have already discover, that is. Any feelings that the house seems to instill?

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
Re: Roll To Investigate - Lovecraftian Horror
« Reply #119 on: September 06, 2013, 09:58:29 am »

"Hopefully you will keep safe. What happened?" Boganski asks Fortescue.

Ask. Take a look around for anything suspicious.

"Ah. I see," Boganski says without inflection.

Action addendum: listen in carefully. Any noises I can hear? Other than the ones I have already discover, that is. Any feelings that the house seems to instill?

You see nothing alarming in the kitchen. Aside from your battered companions anyway. The house is quiet for once.

((Btw there is some home-made wine in here. I think I forgot to mention it a while ago when you rolled high while searching for food))

"I'm not sure you'll believe this. I found a strange knife in the basement, but when I went upstairs to check out the noises, the thing started floating and attacked me." He shakes his head "Perhaps we should just burn down the house? Be done with it"

Say

You successfully speak :P  As you say this it occurs to you that even if this is necessary it would have extensive legal complications. The house is not yours and arson is a felony.

You notice it's getting on toward dinner time.

Pick the earliest one and start reading. Look for mentions of monsters, haunting or hiding places for weapons or important things.

You start reading at the beginning. There are a lot of boring entries like "January 28, 1808. Price of rum and butter has gone up again.  Went to John Doe's for dinner. I don't think his wife likes me very much."

((If you spent the evening on it you could make some real progress. And if the others decide to take a day or two off to recuperate or make any other time consuming inquiries you could read the whole thing and not miss any action in the house.))

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14