Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14

Author Topic: Roll To Investigate - Post Mortem, and Explanation of Events  (Read 18415 times)

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Investigate - What could go wrong?
« Reply #90 on: September 04, 2013, 04:41:01 am »

Search the last room.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 04, 2013, 08:09:40 am »

"Hmmm, definately creepy. Unless we're dealing with some kind of coal-monster though, I think I've seen it here."

Use flashlight to see where I'm going. Move back upstairs, carefully.

"So, I found a creepy dagger and a boarded up coal shute. WHat the hell is making those pounding noises anyway?" He shouts upstairs while he's climbing the stairs.

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #92 on: September 04, 2013, 01:37:22 pm »

Search the last room.

It's a living room, there is a couch, some stuffed chairs, a radio and some shelves with knickknacks. Near one wall sits a small coal fire stove. You notice an unusually large number of crucifixes, images of the Virgin and other Catholic symbols. It seems a bit heavy handed even for the devout.

Fortescue hollers up from the basement, something about finding a dagger and all the noise upstairs. Said noise has been continuing but stops abruptly.

You have examined all the rooms on the ground floor.

"Hmmm, definately creepy. Unless we're dealing with some kind of coal-monster though, I think I've seen it here."

Use flashlight to see where I'm going. Move back upstairs, carefully.

"So, I found a creepy dagger and a boarded up coal shute. WHat the hell is making those pounding noises anyway?" He shouts upstairs while he's climbing the stairs.

You start to ascend the basement stairs very carefully. Suddenly you are struck in the abdomen, for a second it just seems odd, then sickening pain washes over you like a wave. You stumble and slide back down the stairs to the bottom. The agony if overwhelming, but somehow you remain conscious. Time seems to slow down. You see the dagger floating in the air just above you. A drop of what must be your own blood slides off the tip and lands on your face.

-5 HP.
-2 Sanity

((This puts you at what, 4 HP? Two more and you fall unconscious.))

((If you were holding the dagger it was suddenly pulled from your hand. If it was tucked away somewhere you noticed nothing as it slipped/cut it's way out. It rolled really well and you rolled poorly. It wouldn't really change the outcome.))

"Really? An animate piece of furniture? Well, we had better make sure it does not threaten anyone else, then," Boganski says as a matter of course in rather heavily-accented English.

Take a quick look inside the noisy room. If threat spotted, get back into the hallway and ready sledgehammer.

As you approach the door the sound stops. You open the door and peer inside. There is an iron bed frame with springs but no mattress on the near wall to your left. Opposite it on the far wall is a double window, half of which is broken. On the left wall is an old dresser.

You hear a scratching noise from the window.

Back up!

You stand back a bit and watch Boganski. The thumping sound ceases as he reaches for the door. He opens it and looks in. The bed isn't by the window anymore. You don't see any movement.
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

My RTD games: Roll To Raptor (On hold), Dino Arena

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 04, 2013, 02:42:02 pm »

"Something strange is going on here, but we have no time to think about it. We must do our business, yes."

Fix the window if it's nailed shut - remove them nails. If anything aside from my rather injured buddy moves, smash it with the sledgehammer. Smash it with extreme prejudice.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 04, 2013, 05:01:45 pm »

"Something strange is going on here, but we have no time to think about it. We must do our business, yes."

Fix the window if it's nailed shut - remove them nails. If anything aside from my rather injured buddy moves, smash it with the sledgehammer. Smash it with extreme prejudice.
"NO!"

Grab him! Drag him out of the room!

"It's a trap!"
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 04, 2013, 05:11:56 pm »

"Oh mon dieu, GUYS I'M GOING TO NEED SOME HELP OVER HERE, I WAS JUST ATTACKED BY A KNIFE"

Attempt to block the knife attack with my satchel if it attacks again. Keep the satchel (with the leatherbound novel inside) between me and the knife. Try to shoot it?

((greeeaaat, I'm already almost dead. All in favor of just burning down this house and collecting the insurance money?))

((revised ps: I guess I can't even get away now, because you can't get up these stairs unless you do it really carefully, otherwise you immediatly fall and break your neck. If it IS possible change shooting my gun to Escape upstairs while shouting for help))

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 12:42:51 pm by Pancaek »

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 04, 2013, 05:17:42 pm »

"Oh mon dieu, GUYS I'M GOING TO NEED SOME HELP OVER HERE, I WAS JUST ATTACKED BY A KNIFE"

H shouts upstairs as he gets from underneath the knife and tries to patch himself up.

((greeeaaat, I'm already almost dead. All in favor of just burning down this house and collecting the insurance money?))

The outsider opinion recommends calling the Offical Vatican Demonbusters. Then burning it down when they're done. Then paving it over and building something really holy on top.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #97 on: September 04, 2013, 05:58:17 pm »

H shouts upstairs as he gets from underneath the knife and tries to patch himself up.

((This probably isn't a good idea. It's already stabbed you once and is poised to strike again. If you attempt to fix up your wound right now you'll probably just get stabbed again.

Ok, I'm not going to lie, you're probably going to die, but you have a shot if you attempt to fight, immobilize or escape it.

Feel free to revise. I may not have made it clear that you are basically in an ongoing combat right now.))
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #98 on: September 04, 2013, 06:00:33 pm »

"NO!"

Grab him! Drag him out of the room!

"It's a trap!"

Boganski attempts to enter the room but Jackson protests loudly and tries to hold him back. Jackson does not manage to immobilize the Russian but is hanging onto an arm.

((New actions required from both of you.))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 04, 2013, 06:11:22 pm »

((This probably isn't a good idea. It's already stabbed you once and is poised to strike again. If you attempt to fix up your wound right now you'll probably just get stabbed again.

Ok, I'm not going to lie, you're probably going to die, but you have a shot if you attempt to fight, immobilize or escape it.

Feel free to revise. I may not have made it clear that you are basically in an ongoing combat right now.))
((Ah, right, cause I kinda read that as if it was just floating there, harmless. Revising post. ))

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 04, 2013, 06:23:00 pm »

Keep pulling!
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 04, 2013, 08:06:17 pm »

Go help the guy in the basement.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #102 on: September 04, 2013, 09:55:22 pm »

Attempt to block the knife attack with my satchel if it attacks again. Keep the satchel (with the leatherbound novel inside) between me and the knife. Try to shoot it?

((revised ps: I guess I can't even get away now, because you can't get up these stairs unless you do it really carefully, otherwise you immediatly fall and break your neck. If it IS possible change shooting my gun to Escape upstairs while shouting for help))

((I'm going to interpret this as: 'Scramble Upstairs, attempt to parry any attack with bag.' You generally can't move/dodge and attack in the same turn. But if you have a suitable object you can attempt to parry an attack. The way the stairs work is they cause injury if you roll a 1 while traversing them unless you go very slowly and carefully. They're wobbly and some of the boards are rotten.))

You move upstairs as fast as you can while trying to hold your satchel between yourself and the knife. It bobs back and forth in the air rather like a dragonfly. You get about midway up before it comes for you again, moving with shocking speed.  You bat it aside with all your strength and it clatters away into the dark basement. You drag yourself up the remaining stairs, trailing blood and screaming about flying daggers. You've made it back to the ground floor.

Harvey Jones comes over to see what the trouble is.

((Climb Stairs 3 Success. Magic Dagger Strike 6 Success but Satchel Parry Attempt 6 Success. ...you lucky Dog you had ~20% chance of surviving that round))

Go help the guy in the basement.

You arrive at the the stairs about the time Pierre Fortescue struggles to the top of them and starts bleeding all over the hallway. He's holding his satchel out in front of himself like a shield, and staring back down the stairs.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 04, 2013, 10:52:04 pm »

"Very well. Perhaps we can investigate the screaming instead."

Cave to panicked man. Go investigate what's going on downstairs.

Spoiler: Boganski's status (click to show/hide)

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 05, 2013, 06:00:23 am »

Walk down into the basement holding 2 of my knives out to defend myself.
Caine's law.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14