Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14

Author Topic: Roll To Investigate - Post Mortem, and Explanation of Events  (Read 18364 times)

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Investigate - Lovecraftian Horror
« Reply #120 on: September 06, 2013, 10:03:44 am »

(( I'll keep reading as long as they allow. ))
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 06, 2013, 10:09:56 am »

"It is approaching nighttime. Perhaps we had better leave and come back tomorrow. You people seem rather injured."

If others agree, leave the house and rest wherever I happen to be staying right now.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 06, 2013, 02:26:40 pm »

"I think that is an excellent idea. I shall meet you here back tomorrow"

Go the my university digs, swing by the medical facility and get myself patched up

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Investigate - Cosmic Horror, and Fuse Boxes
« Reply #123 on: September 06, 2013, 11:57:25 pm »

Check out back again.

Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)
[/quote]
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #124 on: September 07, 2013, 01:47:20 am »

(( I'll keep reading as long as they allow. ))

((It looks like the party is breaking up for today. You may be the only one left in the house, which may not be desirable.))

But whether you go home or stay here it seems clear that you intend to spend the evening reading.

"I think that is an excellent idea. I shall meet you here back tomorrow"

Go the my university digs, swing by the medical facility and get myself patched up

Miskatonic University is in a town, Arkham, 20 miles south. There's a direct rail connection, so you can ride home tonight. I'm going to abstract this because RP'ing this kind of interaction takes forever in an RTD and seems unnecessary for a non-plot-centric NPC:

The university doctor you see wants to know what happened to you. I sorta assume you're going to prevaricate and say something about either an accident or an assailant in Boston. That will probably cover it.

He compliments you on the neat job bandaging it, but will probably want to put in some stitches and give you whatever medications doctors prescribed in 1920 to prevent infections. He will also stress that it is important you come see him again next week at the latest.

Professional medical care doubles your natural healing rate. ((I'll get back to you on how much that is and when. I need to tweak a mechanic I don't like.))

"It is approaching nighttime. Perhaps we had better leave and come back tomorrow. You people seem rather injured."

If others agree, leave the house and rest wherever I happen to be staying right now.

You go home.

((Being a skilled tradesman and recent migrant you're probably somewhere between lower and middle class. An apartment, or lodgings at a rooming house, perhaps more if you have a family. But the details of your home life are up to you if you care.))

Check out back again.

Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)

You head out the back door. You once again find yourself in the overgrown and somehow rather bleak yard. Nearby is the grape arbor. Basically the only noteworthy object around. No features draw your immediate attention, it's just an old grape arbor with a little paved seating area under it with a bench.

((Btw, where do you sleep since you're homeless? Might you be staying with one of your friend/associates for now?))
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

My RTD games: Roll To Raptor (On hold), Dino Arena

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 07, 2013, 01:50:48 am »

((Btw, where do you sleep since you're homeless? Might you be staying with one of your friend/associates for now?))
((Hadn't really thought much about that part. Wherever Cheddar is comfortable, I guess.))

"Hmm, on second thought, I don't think there will be any time to check this out right now."

Head back in to help Corbit stay safe, leave when he does.
The Derail Thread

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Investigate - Rest, Recovery and Research
« Reply #126 on: September 07, 2013, 06:29:19 am »

Sit at home, read on for information about what the being is and the tomes name.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 07, 2013, 08:10:32 am »

Since Boganski has no real family - at least none that are still alive as far as he knows - he stays at a nearby flophouse, being the sort to travel quite a bit.

Stay in flophouse, rest until morning. Hope sanity, as little erosion as it has suffered, comes back quickly enough.

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #128 on: September 07, 2013, 10:30:27 pm »

((Hadn't really thought much about that part. Wherever Cheddar is comfortable, I guess.))

"Hmm, on second thought, I don't think there will be any time to check this out right now."

Head back in to help Corbit stay safe, leave when he does.

((Corbit is the guy who's diary's were found. The last character in the house was Patrick Hunts's who's name is Harvey Jones, he's the former thug who likes knives.))

When the last of the others leave you head out yourself to wherever it is that you're staying.

The night passes. You dreamt about Cheddar being missing and trying to find him in a dark building while the walls slowly close in on you.

Sit at home, read on for information about what the being is and the tomes name.

You read into the night until you fall asleep, and continue over breakfast.

Corbit's Diary, All Interesting Bits from Volume 1:

Since Boganski has no real family - at least none that are still alive as far as he knows - he stays at a nearby flophouse, being the sort to travel quite a bit.

Stay in flophouse, rest until morning. Hope sanity, as little erosion as it has suffered, comes back quickly enough.

You retire for the evening seeking calm. Unfortunately you do not think you will feel any relief unless you can somehow bring the matter to a close.

------------------------------------

@ Everyone generally:  Ok it's now Tuesday morning. What you are you doing?

Anywhere you want to go in Boston or the area around is fine. Taking time off so Harvey can finish reading the diary and maybe the injured guys heal up is viable too. And of course you can just all head back to The House.

I just want to stress that you have a lot of leeway in how you handle this investigation. It's as unrailroady as possible.

Here's how the healing mechanic is going to work btw:

Every morning you have a 30% chance of getting back 1 hp. If you're receiving regular professional medical care for your injury you get two chances.

Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Investigate - Reading Old Men's Diaries
« Reply #129 on: September 07, 2013, 11:26:02 pm »

Go search for some breakfast.
The Derail Thread

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 08, 2013, 02:26:35 am »

Eat, then go and look up general info about the property we are dealing with - ownership history, particular details, involvement in any particular news, that sort of thing.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 08, 2013, 04:37:45 am »

Continue reading and note down all the interesting stuff.
Caine's law.

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #132 on: September 08, 2013, 12:19:18 pm »

Go search for some breakfast.

Unfortunately you're broke. Really broke. Getting a place off the street last night took your last coin. Without much else to do you set up on a corner and try to entertain some passersby. After a little while you've made enough for a frugal breakfast. A local grocer gives you some slightly wilted greens which Cheddar seems quite happy with.

Eat, then go and look up general info about the property we are dealing with - ownership history, particular details, involvement in any particular news, that sort of thing.

You have breakfast and think about where to start. You might be able to find information at the library or with the town clerk. ((Travel to either destination can be considered accomplished as part of this turn.))

Continue reading and note down all the interesting stuff.

You read for a while longer, starting on the second volume:
March the Third, 1820
The Brotherhood grows. We have begun construction of a meeting place. Our frequent gatherings will attract little attention if conducted openly in a place such as the Christian congregations and the common fraternal orders use.

-----------------------------

Pancaek, if Fortesque is going back to Boston this morning we can just treat that as accomplished while the others do the stuff above.
(Probably he breakfasts at the university cafeteria before taking the train.)
Just start with whatever you want to do back in town.
Of course if you have some completely different plan that's fine too. :)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Investigate - Brand New Day
« Reply #133 on: September 08, 2013, 12:22:48 pm »

Town clerk first, library afterwards.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Investigate - Brand New Day
« Reply #134 on: September 08, 2013, 12:30:55 pm »

(( The words, THE WORDS!!!!! They blur together!!!! ))

More reading.
Caine's law.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14