Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Immigration/unit list relationship  (Read 1540 times)

Rum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Immigration/unit list relationship
« on: August 24, 2013, 03:28:59 pm »

According to the wiki having a unit list with over 3000 entries will cause all immigration to stop.   My current fort is almost at that threshhold and after a forum search i havnt found a topic about this from after .31.

Is this information still relevant for the new version?   If so are there any work arounds?

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Immigration/unit list relationship
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2013, 03:40:28 pm »

I don't know if it is still relevant but you might want to cut down on the entities just to save FPS. Eat your cats or execute your goblins.
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

Rum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2013, 03:49:54 pm »

Current pop of 300 something including the livestock.   All units iirc including dead or missing ones count for that 3000 unit list cap

link to wiki http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Immigrants#Migrant_wave_sizes

Crashmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • CARP, Canada's new helth care plan for the elderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2013, 05:30:23 pm »

hack/scripts/fix/dead-units.lua in the DwarfFortress directory if you have the latest dfhack with .34.11. I don't know how it is used though. Probably; script FILENAME     - never tried.

Did you happen to find a working fix for the same issue for .31 in your searches though? I couldn't and am stuck with nearly 40k units in that list, a dwindling population and no new marriages.

Damn overly effective killing machines.

Rum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2013, 01:47:45 pm »

The migrants-now lua file should also do the trick.  If anyone knows how to run these using df-hack it would be appreciated. 

itg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2013, 02:14:15 pm »

hack/scripts/fix/dead-units.lua in the DwarfFortress directory if you have the latest dfhack with .34.11. I don't know how it is used though. Probably; script FILENAME     - never tried.

You just type fix/dead-units in the dfhack console.