Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 197 198 [199] 200 201 ... 244

Author Topic: The Forgotten Art: Approaching the Nexus  (Read 267233 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: The Forgotten Art: Disgust and Confusion On The Wizardly Way
« Reply #2970 on: October 26, 2014, 02:56:12 pm »

"Sooo... What now?"
Does Ivette have any thing she wants to do? Or is it up to me?
Ask!

Ivette seems mostly bewildered. Probably not thinking very clearly.

"I don't know. I think we should run away, like those two guys. I think something's really wrong here. Yeah, how about we just run away?"

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2971 on: October 27, 2014, 06:44:22 am »

That sounds like a good idea. I have no idea what's going on here.
Run away!
"Where are we running towards? The hospital?"

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #2972 on: October 27, 2014, 04:14:06 pm »

Halesey is surprised, mind hanging still for several seconds, wondering what in the name of god this man is doing: how in the name of god dareth he profane the Space of the Holy Potato so, with his filthy drunkness. He is so surprised he momentarily forgets that arsebiscuit Nigel.

"You sir!"

Leap out at the drunk, as much as a giant potato vortex can.

"You are quite quite drunk. Do you realise where the bloody hell you are?"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2973 on: October 28, 2014, 01:12:37 pm »

THE DUNKER knows that this particular leyline is clearly a bust of some kind - however, the night is far too young to be allowed to end on a sad note like this! The adventure must continue! To the abandoned parts of factory land he must go!

"Sounds like a jolly haunting destination, let's go there!" he says, chipper to a degree that even flusters Hungry Pete. He looks back, disquieted for a moment.

Then he breaks into a grin.

"Yes! Into the darkness we must forge, to bring the grace of God unto ourselves!" he says, taking off immediately. THE DUNKER, satisfied, tries to match Hungry Pete's brisk jog with an enterprising waddle of his own.

Meanwhile, Eta, similarly befuddled and threatened by mysterious explosions and unknown threats, chooses to go with Ivette's proposed course of action and runs off with her friend, not saying anything more until they're well clear of the street. The police don't seem very committed to keeping the area secure anymore, probably on account of investigating the castle and all, as it is incredibly easy for all four escapees to get the hell out of dodge, whereupon the two duos part ways - THE DUNKER and Pete running off to seek a heroic destiny, while Ivette leads Eta off to presumable safety.

"Where are we running towards? The hospital?" it occurs to Eta to ask along the way.

"Safety," Ivette replies cryptically, and they indeed stop on a streetcorner in a decidedly friendlier area of the Lower Esplanade, right on the edge between it and the post-industrial district.

"Okay," she says at last, out of breath, "now I think we should split up. If something's still after us, at least one of us ought to escape this way. I'll call you in the morning - if I don't, I'm either dead or sleeping in really badly. Keep that in mind, and make sure to pick up."

She takes a deep breath, then nods.

"Right, then. Goodbye," she says and runs off, not awaiting approval of any sort, leaving Eta alone and slightly singed on a streetcorner at night.

Meanwhile, THE DUNKER and Pete test their endurance to their very limit as they endeavor to reach Import Avenue - Pete is kind enough to wait for his buddy a few times along the way, and at around midnight they have arrived, beholding the factory - five stories high, gray and utterly boring to look at, there is nonetheless a mesmerizing quality to the large building as one beholds it slowly, rhythmically rise and fall in the night. The people gathered in the parking lot seem similarly odd, walking about awkwardly in very revealing clothing, hugging each other on occasion.

Larry, not that bad of a guy when one thinks about it, offers constructive criticism.

"I guess it's nice, though I can't see any of it.  Maybe you need a big window."

"Now there's an idea! Good thinking, dude! And mighty kind of you to say so, too," the guy says, and follows up with a powerful grunt. Sounds of something rather massive being moved ensue.

"Come on, you bastard! Move already!"

However, a few moments later the guy has to concede, and a rumble issues as something falls back into place.

"Okay, that didn't work at all. Any other ideas?"

Halesey, adept at the ambushing of drunkards, particularly blasphemous ones such as this guy, roars toward the approaching guy so that he may be reminded of his folly.

"You sir! You are quite, quite drunk. Do you realize where the bloody hell you are?" he asks with the authoritative voice of a master of the ways of potatoes and vortexes and everything in between. The man turns his head to look at the suddenly mobile fixture of the environment.

"You are one ugly sumbitch," he says. "You've got, like, a hole for your... your everything, looks like."

He looks over at God, not particularly impressed, or so it may seem.

"You look like a local, if I'm not missing my mark," he slurs at Halesey once more. "There anyplace to crash on Planet Potato over there? I could do the vortex again, but who knows where the fuck I'll end up then."

He thinks a moment.

"Or I could just nap right here, I guess. Eh, fuck it."

He starts to close his eyes, clearly bloody stinking drunk indeed. And yet Halesey feels a faint stirring of a potato in him at the sight of this fella.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2974 on: October 28, 2014, 01:25:51 pm »

"Yeah, I guess you're right, mister magazine. I don't really see anything happening to Menkau either. Do you have any idea about James? He seemed awfully eager to leave." John asks the magazine, still lounging in the couch under a blanket

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2975 on: October 28, 2014, 01:25:57 pm »

Larry pondered a bit, then came up with a dangerous idea.

"Okay, so, angels are holy, right?  They should glow, right?  So we just need more angels in here, right?  Right!"

Before the tower can object, Larry launches his magic.

Cast Engulf in Loud Salsa Angels at the darkness!

Spoiler: Larry Sheet (click to show/hide)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2976 on: October 28, 2014, 01:28:31 pm »

"Yeah, I guess you're right, mister magazine. I don't really see anything happening to Menkau either. Do you have any idea about James? He seemed awfully eager to leave." John asks the magazine, still lounging in the couch under a blanket

~Maybe it's because you drink too much, John. And have a poor track record in companion long-term survivability, too.~

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2977 on: October 28, 2014, 01:30:38 pm »

"Hey now, those were my first companions. Everyone screws up on their first time. And I'll have you notice that I haven't been completely hammered for at least 2 hours now.

If you can sass me, why don't you tell me what I should have done? Huh? Smartass."

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #2978 on: October 28, 2014, 01:35:46 pm »

Let him sleep for say an hour, then poke him awake with a foot or something, and then when he awakes, shout in my loudest voice whilst flashing my inner potato at him and willing a Holy Potato out of my body and into his mind.

"Wake and receive thine Holy Potato, Wise Drunkard! Tell me your name, and gaze upon your god! That's not me, incidentally."

((I'm assuming Potato God is still about))

Cast Empathise With Potato at the Holy Potato as it transfers itself, or doesn't, as the case may be.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2979 on: October 28, 2014, 01:38:19 pm »

"Hey now, those were my first companions. Everyone screws up on their first time. And I'll have you notice that I haven't been completely hammered for at least 2 hours now.

If you can sass me, why don't you tell me what I should have done? Huh? Smartass."

~Not let people run off on suicide missions in order to get hammered, for one. Or maybe just do what Mr. Lee told you to. Stick with something to the finish? Maybe consult your magazine for awesome magic more often? Help out that Menkau guy with the kids before drastic measures needed to be taken? Take a stand against further escalation? Not do the whole self-pity thing because it leaves little room for awesome magic and adventure?~

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2980 on: October 28, 2014, 02:29:00 pm »

"I'll concede a few points to you, book. But the kids were pretty much set on dying, and who am I to stop someone with a deathwish. If Lee wanted it done right, he shouldn't have sent four complete strangers to do his work. Two of which were braindead, might I add. And you, you haven't been giving me any so called awesome magic. I mean, shit, fuse clowns and multiply eggs? Maybe if I raid a circus or run out of eggs for an omelette. The only real offensive thing you've given me so far is the yeti one, and they're as much a danger to me as they are to my enemies.

But you know what, sassypants, you're right. Let's see what you can give me to jumpstart my magical adventures. Let's get dangerous"

Consult magazine, obtain awesome magical spells

Spoiler: John (click to show/hide)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2981 on: October 28, 2014, 03:20:42 pm »

Hey Pete, know who these guys are?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2982 on: October 28, 2014, 03:25:21 pm »

Hey Pete, know who these guys are?

"Profligates, of course! Or at least their victims! Though to be honest, they most certainly weren't around when I was here last time!"

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2983 on: October 28, 2014, 03:57:20 pm »

Well, nothing a heavy dose of green men can't solve!

Engulf the unfortunate crowd in Green Mafiosi, and tell the Mafiosi to a: keep them from touching us, and b: prevent them from following us!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2984 on: October 29, 2014, 02:52:35 am »

Are they trying to kill me because of what I know? Does she know?
Make my way back to the hotel. Keep looking around for danger. Be extremely paranoid.
I wonder if I could hide in my vortex...
Pages: 1 ... 197 198 [199] 200 201 ... 244