Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 187 188 [189] 190 191 ... 244

Author Topic: The Forgotten Art: Approaching the Nexus  (Read 267430 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: The Forgotten Art: Disgust and Confusion On The Wizardly Way
« Reply #2820 on: September 09, 2014, 03:41:30 pm »

"What?  Frankie?  Where's Tom?  This is Larry.  I met Tom the other day, and now I have some information he needs to know.  Where are you?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2821 on: September 09, 2014, 03:45:03 pm »

"Yes, I think. Wait, this won't cause my head to explode, right?"

"Probably not, I'd say! But I can put it back together if it does. Now, close your eyes and step toward me!"

"What?  Frankie?  Where's Tom?  This is Larry.  I met Tom the other day, and now I have some information he needs to know.  Where are you?"

"I don't know. The streets are too melted to tell, and the pavement's running into the sky. The sun looks angry at me."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2822 on: September 09, 2014, 04:00:42 pm »

"Okay, I'm trusting you."

Comply.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2823 on: September 09, 2014, 08:59:23 pm »

Larry mutters under his breath.  "How'd you get there, then?  What you been smoking?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2824 on: September 09, 2014, 10:01:29 pm »

John, watching the enlarged sewer pit and only half listening to Menkau and the new girl, suddenly gets a very bad feeling that goes all the way to his spleen.

"Uh, Menkau? Are you going to take her into your little dimension again? Maybe I should go with, to make sure you don't accidentally do horrible things to her?"

Warn Menksy not to accidentally torture the new girl while she's in him. Go inside as well if he'd like some kind of referee.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2825 on: September 10, 2014, 02:37:31 pm »

Larry mutters under his breath.  "How'd you get there, then?  What you been smoking?"

"Would you believe... nothing, and I don't know, in reverse order?"

John, watching the enlarged sewer pit and only half listening to Menkau and the new girl, suddenly gets a very bad feeling that goes all the way to his spleen.

"Uh, Menkau? Are you going to take her into your little dimension again? Maybe I should go with, to make sure you don't accidentally do horrible things to her?"

Warn Menksy not to accidentally torture the new girl while she's in him. Go inside as well if he'd like some kind of referee.

"Oh, pshaw. I'm not going to do anything terrible! I'll be right here the entire time," he says, adjusting his coat a little as Eta walks toward him. Menkau steps, well, into her, and she completely disappears. "See? We can talk about alcohol or something else you enjoy or at least engage in regularly, if you're really that concerned about my lasting sanity!"

The donut lady is seemingly alarmed by this.

"Hey! What just happened there?"

"Fuck if I know, hahahah!" Joanie replies.

"I'm asking him," the woman says, pointing at Menkau.

"Me? Well, the lady wanted to know everything, see. And so I'm telling her."

"Huh? How? What?"

"It's a bit hard to explain. Suffice it to say that I have my mysterious ways."

"Who are you, even?"

"Mr. Menkau, pleased to meet you! John will fill you in if you want more," Menkau says, pointing at you. At that same moment, the ginger guy looks at you as well. Now he appears to recognize you, most unfortunately.

"Hey, wait! You're that guy!"

"Which guy?" Joanie asks.

"The guy who destroyed the school! And beat the shit out of me with his two friends! That guy!"

"Oh! I see!" Joanie says, then gives you quite a drunken evil eye. "You know, you do look real shifty, man. What're you up to, anyway? You wanna steal my leyline, maybe?"

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2826 on: September 10, 2014, 02:38:53 pm »

((Normally I'd find it odd how they didn't notice me going missing, but they're all pretty drunk.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2827 on: September 10, 2014, 02:59:42 pm »

Larry sighed directly into the phone.  "So you have no idea where you are, how you got there, and no idea where Tom is, correct?"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2828 on: September 10, 2014, 03:09:23 pm »

Larry sighed directly into the phone.  "So you have no idea where you are, how you got there, and no idea where Tom is, correct?"

"Tom is all around me, and everywhere I go."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2829 on: September 10, 2014, 03:11:43 pm »

"...did he eat you?"

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2830 on: September 10, 2014, 03:25:19 pm »

"Hey, no hard feelings. I was just helping Trey and Luz on their little adventure. If it makes you feel any better, we were all tortured and the two kids are now in some kind of living hell.

And I'm not trying to steal your leyline, miss."
John points towards Menkau "Menks here just pointed out that the Lee's knew of a leyline here. And since they're gone, we should go and take a look. By the way, shouldn't you be more concerned about your two flunkies who just dissapeared?"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2831 on: September 10, 2014, 03:31:09 pm »

"...did he eat you?"

"That would be unladylike of me to reveal."

"Hey, no hard feelings. I was just helping Trey and Luz on their little adventure. If it makes you feel any better, we were all tortured and the two kids are now in some kind of living hell.

And I'm not trying to steal your leyline, miss."
John points towards Menkau "Menks here just pointed out that the Lee's knew of a leyline here. And since they're gone, we should go and take a look. By the way, shouldn't you be more concerned about your two flunkies who just dissapeared?"

"I'll let it go if you let me kick you in the nuts. Then I'll be happy, I'm pretty sure."

Joanie, meanwhile, looks at the manhole.

"Eh, I'm sure fat guy's alright. And Eta's not really my flunky, so what she does is her business, ya know?"

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2832 on: September 10, 2014, 03:35:58 pm »

"Ew.  Uh.... can you put me on speaker?  He might hear me that way."

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2833 on: September 10, 2014, 05:27:18 pm »

"I'll let it go if you let me kick you in the nuts. Then I'll be happy, I'm pretty sure."

Joanie, meanwhile, looks at the manhole.

"Eh, I'm sure fat guy's alright. And Eta's not really my flunky, so what she does is her business, ya know?"

John looks at the ginger guy, trying to convey as much loathing as he possibly can without actually changing his facial expression
"Yeah, that isn't going to happen. In fact." He turns to Menkau "Menks, if this gentlemen were to attempt to kick me in the nuts, I want you to help me stop him. No need to be too gentle, should it come to that."

He turns back to the ginger man "So, there you have it. I still don't think this leyline belongs to you people in any way, is there a particular reason you don't want to share?" John asks the last question to Joanie, without actually looking away from ginger man.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2834 on: September 11, 2014, 03:56:54 am »

"Ew.  Uh.... can you put me on speaker?  He might hear me that way."

"He can hear you already, I think. The walls are stirring."

John looks at the ginger guy, trying to convey as much loathing as he possibly can without actually changing his facial expression
"Yeah, that isn't going to happen. In fact." He turns to Menkau "Menks, if this gentlemen were to attempt to kick me in the nuts, I want you to help me stop him. No need to be too gentle, should it come to that."

"Oh, certainly! I think I've got just the thing for him, really."

"So I guess passive-aggressive enemies it is, then," the ginger guy says.

"Can't say I foresee you trying anything ending very well, though."

"I did say 'passive-aggressive', didn't I?"

He turns back to the ginger man "So, there you have it. I still don't think this leyline belongs to you people in any way, is there a particular reason you don't want to share?" John asks the last question to Joanie, without actually looking away from ginger man.

"It's magical power, man. It's no fun if everyone has the same amount, is it?"

"No fun for you, maybe," Shauna says with irritation.

"Exactly. And if it's no fun for me, it's my solemn duty to make it no fun for everyone! Them's the rules and all."

"That does explain a lot of your behavior, yeah."

"Nobody cares what you think, Nigel. Another plus of magical power - pulling rank on your lessers!"

"You know what, fuck this. I'm outta here," Nigel says, evidently pushed over some kind of limit, beginning to leave. "Have fun, everyone!" he adds, flipping the bird at the group over his shoulder without looking as he walks off.

"Well, more leyline for the rest of us!" Joanie grins. "Right, Shauna? Raven? Let's do this!" she says, walking toward the sewer. The donut woman begins to follow as well, though quite cautiously.
Pages: 1 ... 187 188 [189] 190 191 ... 244