Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 244

Author Topic: The Forgotten Art: Approaching the Nexus  (Read 268179 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: The Forgotten Art: Caution Meets Wind, Adventure Ensues
« Reply #1875 on: June 03, 2014, 10:52:04 am »

Eta slowly got out of her hiding place and looked at the man lying on the floor.
"Oh dear. Is he all right? Should we call an ambulance?" she called out to Bart, still afraid to approach.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1876 on: June 03, 2014, 10:53:39 am »

Eta slowly got out of her hiding place and looked at the man lying on the floor.
"Oh dear. Is he all right? Should we call an ambulance?" she called out to Bart, still afraid to approach.

"No need," Bart says and begins to briskly walk toward the downed fat man.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: June 03, 2014, 02:12:55 pm »

I'm on my stomach, am I? Quick! Make my escape!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1878 on: June 03, 2014, 02:19:12 pm »

Approach. If it looks like Bart is going to seriously hurt him, yell something like "Wait! Stop!" and try to stop Bart from hurting him by grabbing his hand.
Unless the fat guy tries to hurt Bart. Then let the fat guy suffer sever bodily harm.

Spoiler: Eta (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 02:21:38 pm by Parisbre56 »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1879 on: June 03, 2014, 03:57:50 pm »

"Hmmm, I don't suppose you could point us in the direction of our friend? I'd rather like to find him as soon as possible. Also, once we find him, how exactly do we leave this place? The captain on the deck suggested jumping overboard, but somehow that doesn't seem like such a grand idea."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1880 on: June 03, 2014, 04:00:28 pm »

"Hmmm, I don't suppose you could point us in the direction of our friend? I'd rather like to find him as soon as possible. Also, once we find him, how exactly do we leave this place? The captain on the deck suggested jumping overboard, but somehow that doesn't seem like such a grand idea."

"I would, but directions do not really mean much around here, and it is slightly important that he suffers a bit. Surely you understand, Mr. Watson? And yes, jumping overboard may or may not be very hazardous to your health."

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: June 03, 2014, 04:03:51 pm »

"How exactly is it important that he suffers? Is this punishment from mister Lee?  And Watson...? Oh right, from back then. Sorry about that by the way, didn't want to make your job any harder, it just seemed like the proper thing to do at the time. Name's John T. Deschutter, pleasure to meet you, sir...?"

John extends his hand for a handshake towards the cow as he asks his last question

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: June 03, 2014, 04:35:17 pm »

"How exactly is it important that he suffers? Is this punishment from mister Lee?  And Watson...? Oh right, from back then. Sorry about that by the way, didn't want to make your job any harder, it just seemed like the proper thing to do at the time. Name's John T. Deschutter, pleasure to meet you, sir...?"

John extends his hand for a handshake towards the cow as he asks his last question

The inspectocow shakes your hand with the quill pen rather than the limb.

"Well, it's obviously punishment. More of an example of a punishment than the real thing, but we'll get to that at a later point. Now, will that be all?"

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1883 on: June 03, 2014, 04:38:45 pm »

"Yes, thank you for your time. We'll leave you to your paperwork now."

Head out into the hallway and open up another random door! Observe the wonders that lie within

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: June 03, 2014, 05:12:01 pm »

Inspect the ground.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: June 04, 2014, 04:00:45 am »

THE DUNKER, knowing that it's do or die right here, tries to roll off in a last-ditch attempt to not be victimized by a feisty Nordic hotel receptionist.

[THE DUNKER's finesse roll: 4-1-1]
[Bart's finesse roll: 3]

With a flop and a slide, he begins to move, but, as the nearby Eta observes, a rolling fat man is no match in speed for one trained in the ways of the service industry, and Bart quickly seizes the man by the collar and tries to lift him up, only to find that he seems to be a bit too heavy for that. Bart raises an eyebrow, then shrugs and pulls out a small firearm from the back of his pants and presses its barrel into the back of the wizard's head.

"Get up," he tells the corpulent wizard, who has currently regained enough presence of mind to understand the request. "Cooperate, and there will be no problem."

Eta, meanwhile, seems to have paused in her approach, unsure of what exactly to say about all this. Rough knowledge of firearm safety prevents her from interfering physically, and yelling for him to stop seems... inappropriate somehow, given how he doesn't seem to be intending to hurt the fat guy. And before she can even settle on a clear position, Bart turns to address her.

"Go and get other people," he says calmly. "I will need some help. Look around. Someone should still be here."

John, after bidding the inspectocow farewell, closes the door and, after it, like the other door with a cow behind it, disappears into the wall, goes over to another, trying to ignore Luz's rather furious mumbling as he opens it up, noticing what looks like a circular reading room within, except with small, intricate boxes rather than books lining the many bookshelves. In the center there is a very plain desk of minimalistic, yet sturdy design, with two chairs to match. The room is completely and utterly silent.

"With my luck, this is some kind of bizarre torture room again," Luz grumbles.

Dave, curious about why the ground could possibly hate him so, looks down and inspects it for hostile intent. Seeing nothing of interest aside from slightly featureless and earthy blackness, he shrugs and resumes his spellcasting.

[Ground vs. Dave: 4 vs. 4-1-1]

But alas, he is interrupted, as his legs abruptly sink, burying him up to his navel in the pseudosoil. Finding this alarming, Dave wonders what he could possibly do. Storm of distracting underwear doesn't seem to be helping and, to be frank, his other spells aren't very useful for much of anything.

[Finesse: Dave vs. Ground: 1-1-1 vs. 1]

And though the ground is undeniably slow in consuming the rest of him, Dave's never been one to thrive when rushed, and manages to think of exactly zero things before the ground exerts its next pull.

[Ground vs. Dave: 5 vs. 6-1-1]

And before he can do much of anything, Dave is already entombed in the black stuff up to about his chest.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #1886 on: June 04, 2014, 04:08:06 am »

”No, thdude, it’llbbb fbe fine – fthe potato god told me to do it… Any ifdea how we thummon demonth? Look, we eftheir need to thigure out how to vet cuthtomerth for cocaine whitchtch givth you tentaclth or we thummon a bloody demon. And, by fthe way, I’ve got bloody tentaclth and I’m not bloody happy about it. Your fathe is ftecking territhying.”

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: June 04, 2014, 04:17:35 am »

By the way, la and Toaster shouldn't be overly concerned by me not waiting up for them - it's more in the interest of bringing everyone (Dave, Eta, John and THE DUNKER are currently synchronized) up to about the same time.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: June 04, 2014, 05:08:56 am »

”Look. Thcheck thith out.”

Cast Potato Vortex at the space where the pawn shop isn’t!

”Come, ye demonth! I’d like a blething! Feel fthe powah ofth my potatoeth!”

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1889 on: June 04, 2014, 07:01:51 am »

A GUN? Oh, no.

"I-I'm going just, please, don't hurt anyone? He did nothing to hurt us."

Comply. Go inside, start opening/knocking on doors and calling for help. Start with the ones closest to the entrance.

At least he's not hurting him.
Ugh, why did that doughnut addicted idiot had to go and do that? Doesn't he realise he could had gotten hurt? That he might still get hurt. Oh dear, what should I do?
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 244