Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 244

Author Topic: The Forgotten Art: Approaching the Nexus  (Read 268178 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: The Forgotten Art: Caution Meets Wind, Adventure Ensues
« Reply #1860 on: June 02, 2014, 02:53:48 pm »

"They're nunttfff.  They've got a direcpt line to God or some ffit, right?  They'll be fffine.  We have fffhit to ffell, right?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1861 on: June 02, 2014, 03:29:12 pm »

"Any of you guys spell casters?"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1862 on: June 02, 2014, 03:34:04 pm »

"Any of you guys spell casters?"

"What! No! None are permitted to intrude in the domain of the divine!"

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1863 on: June 02, 2014, 04:10:15 pm »

"Overruled. Are any scholars or priests present? If not someone get any who live nearby."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1864 on: June 02, 2014, 04:11:55 pm »

"Overruled. Are any scholars or priests present? If not someone get any who live nearby."

"Scholarship and priesthood are strictly forbidden. Had a big purge to ensure that! Now we're all simply educated and pious!"

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1865 on: June 02, 2014, 06:31:42 pm »

"Scholarship and priesthood are strictly forbidden. Had a big purge to ensure that! Now we're all simply educated and pious!"
"When did you have time to make and enforce all these rules? It's been like half an hour tops. Anyway just pick a few smart people and get over here to become my prophets. Dave demands it and also that you establish an official church and scientific institute for the learned."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1866 on: June 03, 2014, 03:15:05 am »

"When did you have time to make and enforce all these rules? It's been like half an hour tops. Anyway just pick a few smart people and get over here to become my prophets. Dave demands it and also that you establish an official church and scientific institute for the learned."

"We shall attend to it immediately, o Dave!" the boxers say, and the crowd quickly vacates your immediate vicinity.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1867 on: June 03, 2014, 05:12:30 am »

"I wasn't done! do you not understand delegation of labor at all?"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1868 on: June 03, 2014, 05:19:31 am »

"I wasn't done! do you not understand delegation of labor at all?"

Sadly, they do not seem to hear you, flying away to act on your orders at speeds that, when you think about it, are rather impressive.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1869 on: June 03, 2014, 05:23:00 am »

((Well that was fun while it lasted.))
Cast Storm of Distracting Underwear until I am in the eye(candy) of a storm of hurricane proportions.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1870 on: June 03, 2014, 09:10:09 am »

Eta decides to heed Bart's advice and begins to retreat while increasingly loquacious rambling spills out of her worried mouth, its connection with the brain fading as it goes on. "Please! I implore you, sir, cease this at once! Any aggressive action on your part is wholly unnecessary and certainly not conductive to an enjoyable situation for any party! If you would just deign us with your desires and reasons for committing these deeds, I'm certain we could come to a manner of agreement beneficial to all involved! Please don't let your reduced inhibitions caused by your current state of inebriation lead you to any regrettable activities on your behalf!" she says, ducking into the hallway leading toward the first floor rooms.

Meanwhile, THE DUNKER is pleased with the way this is working out.

"Hah! Distraction engaged!" he says, beginning to rapidly waddle away from the entrance.

[Finesse: Bart vs. THE DUNKER: 3 vs. 3-1]
[Bart's finesse roll: 5]
[THE DUNKER's body roll: 3-1]

However, his daring escape is interrupted by something, the sound of air parting behind him as an object, which Eta from her spot can clearly identify as a half-full whiskey bottle, rapidly arcs through the air, striking him across the back of the head with its glassy, fluid-filled mass before bouncing off and falling to the ground, all without breaking, followed by THE DUNKER himself plummeting right next to it, his brain having been shaken very unpleasantly by the impact. Though he does not lose consciousness, fortunately, he isn't quite sure he can get up from this, what with the world spinning like that before his eyes.

[Bart's finesse roll: 5]

Before the fat man has even hit the ground, Bart has already cleared half the way to the door, carefully grabbing the floating can and hurling it out of the open door, breathing a sigh of immense relief when it doesn't seem to explode at any step of the way.

John, after speaking with Luz and making sure she's alright, takes off his doctor gear and puts it back on the mannequin, then heads back out into the main chamber with her and tries another door, suspecting already that what he might find will not be to his liking.

This time, though, it appears to be another one of the void rooms, complete with the inspectocow, who seems to be filling out a bit of paperwork at a small desk, all six of its limbs wielding absurdly large quill pens of bureaucracy. As John and Luz stare at it for a moment, it looks back, its thirteen eyes flashing.

"Out already? Quite the revolving door justice system this is," it says amusedly.

"Fuck you," Luz says simply, looking at it with intense hatred.

"You'd better watch your language, milady! Using profanity in the presence of a law enforcement officer. I may not be on active duty right now, but you are sorely tempting me to take measures here," it answers back in a joking tone.

Dave chooses to get over his disappointment about his new minions leaving so soon by conjuring up a bit of a storm.

[Dave's affinity roll: 4]

Underwear all around him begins to stir, and a small storm of it quickly forms. Dave, rather appreciative, decides to increase it in-

[? vs. Dave: 3 vs. 6-1-1]

He notices something tugging at his pig leg, but it seems to be very successfully struggling back, fortunately! If he didn't know any better, he'd say the earth itself was rebelling against him!

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #1871 on: June 03, 2014, 09:31:11 am »

Crap, we didn't do anything. I'm a bit lost - I've ruined my date and I don't know how to sell cocaine.

"Oh ballth. Well, why don't we thummmon a demon? I'm pretty thure they like cocaine?"

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1872 on: June 03, 2014, 09:59:36 am »

"Ballth to that; they might eat uth inthead.  Pluth, we juth pifffffbbt them off.  If you do that, do it thomwhere not near me, pfpfffwease."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1873 on: June 03, 2014, 10:36:17 am »

"Hello again, pardon the intrusion. I hope you'd be able to answer a few questions for me, if you would be so kind. What is this place? And would you have any idea where our friend Trey is? Also, how well do you know mister Lee? Did he order all this?"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1874 on: June 03, 2014, 10:46:35 am »

"Hello again, pardon the intrusion. I hope you'd be able to answer a few questions for me, if you would be so kind. What is this place? And would you have any idea where our friend Trey is? Also, how well do you know mister Lee? Did he order all this?"

"This is the brig, yes, rather intimately, and not really!"
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 244