Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 244

Author Topic: The Forgotten Art: Approaching the Nexus  (Read 267401 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: The Forgotten Art: Wild Magicking
« Reply #915 on: February 09, 2014, 05:55:53 am »

Halesey and Larry, after realizing that neither has any better ideas on what to do, decide to head home and sleep (and not get involved in any decidedly sordid activities on the way even if such an opportunity presents itself) after exchanging contact information. So they return to their respective homes in their respective parts of town and end their first day of magical adventures.

Their dreams, of course, are their own, and though one could make certain predictions as to what they might be, it is perhaps best not to speculate on what might be going through either of their heads. After a delightfully nonspecific amount of time, they awaken, finding that it seems to be Sunday now and it is already light outside.

Despite the rather strong indication that the girl won't be coming back, John gives her the benefit of the doubt while Clair and Samuel seem to passively agree, though Samuel does seem to also insist on breathing heavily on the back of John's neck, which John can't help but ponder the implications of. Well into the third minute of waiting and general awkwardness, the window opens up once more, and a different girl, a shorter and somewhat prettier one, leans outside, looking very calm and collected.

"Hey. You guys wanted something, right? Wanna come in?"

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: February 09, 2014, 06:41:58 am »

Why yes, we would just love to come in~

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: February 09, 2014, 04:08:27 pm »

Why yes, we would just love to come in~
"...petty much, with less creepiness then that."
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: February 09, 2014, 04:11:06 pm »

Go back to the pawnshop, hopefully meeting Larry on the way, and finalise the legal stuff. Then we will need a few minutes to think about what to do next. What day is it? I'm fairly sure Larry wants to go to a stripclub.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: February 09, 2014, 04:40:59 pm »

"Indeed, we would love to enter and have a chat. Have no fear, we'll keep the more creepy member of our group firmly under control."

Follow the new girl inside

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: February 09, 2014, 07:23:39 pm »

Go back to the pawnshop, hopefully meeting Larry on the way, and finalise the legal stuff. Then we will need a few minutes to think about what to do next. What day is it? I'm fairly sure Larry wants to go to a stripclub.

(Sunday.  Probably not till later.)

Meet him and do this.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: February 10, 2014, 03:44:15 pm »

Samuel, Clair and John are all gladdened by the appearance of a reasonable, calm and well-mannered girl to welcome them into the den of iniquity these dropouts call their home.

"Why yes, we would just love to come in~," Samuel says, somehow managing to pronounce a tilde, and doing so with deranged and cannibalistic glee, to boot.

"...petty much, with less creepiness then that," Clair adds, hoping to mitigate the surges of creepiness Samuel produces when he flaps his dip-stained gums.

"Indeed, we would love to enter and have a chat. Have no fear, we'll keep the more creepy member of our group firmly under control," John then swoops in with a timely finisher, establishing both that the three of them are, in fact, a cohesive group with a unified group and that he is somebody who would freely admit to being in charge of Samuel or his actions - one of these facts is obviously more unfortunate than the other, but the girl doesn't seem to mind.

"Sure. I'll unlock the door," the girl says, disappearing back inside. Moments later, the front door slowly swings open and she steps outside, turning to her visitors and smiling softly. "There we go, come right in," she says, ushering the three mysterious individuals in (Samuel in particular needs a bit of aggressive ushering, mostly because he keeps missing the door), then closing the door behind her. She leads the three inside one of the first floor apartments, where the first sight they get to behold is what once may have been a living room - now, though, it is entirely empty of furniture, instead having a crude circle of old mattresses surrounding the faded remains of an improvised campfire. The girl sits down on one such mattress.

"Feel free to sit down. What was it you wanted to ch-oh, sorry. Where have my manners gone? I'm Shauna. Who might you all be?" she asks in a relaxed, friendly manner. John is vaguely aware of the other girl peering nervously from one of the nearby doorframes.

Much later, on a rather sunny Sunday morning only slightly marred by the few straggler dinosaurs still stalking the darker corners of the city, Halesey and Larry confidently march out of their homes, knowing that this may be the day they make it big. Strolling down the streets, past the newsstands hawking low-quality journalism about happenings beyond human ken, past the nervous people heading off to work while trying to shake off the feeling that something terrible and inexplicable may await them on every corner and, most of all, past the several police crews investigating, among other things, mountains of cocaine appearing in the streets and strange creatures made of mops organizing what seem to be fight clubs in darkened alleys, past all that other crap a city has that most citizens either carefully avoid or don't care about, the two men arriving dramatically and nearly simultaneously outside Klein's Pawn Shop on Burton Street. Their eyes meet, and a period of subliminal mental communication begins as they brain intensely at each other.

Larry wonders what might be the best time to visit a strip club, and whether strip clubs do or do not have a happy hour, and also about when he might be getting paid already. Halesey manages to convey the first and second levels of meaning that the concept that mortals simplify as 'potato' holds using nothing but the most subtle means of body language. Larry is slightly frightened by this.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: February 10, 2014, 04:07:10 pm »

"Cocaine, boet, cocaine. That must mean that there's some other feckers suddenly come into possibly a rival ultimate power. Could those piles be the remnants of vortexes of cocaine? Or what's left of some poor eejit they turned into cocaine? I'm beginning to wonder what we should do with this power, man. Should we bide our time and try to learn to manipulate it on an even greater scale with the fat dude? Cos there's probably something in that leyline shit, you know? And then we could deal with him later, cos I ain't being a fecking acolyte to no man. Or woman. Or should we just go all out and seize the ultimate power for ourselves?

I'm beginning to feel more inclined to the second, but I think that the sensible thing to do would be first to secure and explore the power of the leyline, but taking care to eliminate the crap outta any rival assweasels we come across.

What do you reckon, dude? I reckon if we don't grab the understanding of ultimate power first than this whole 'get a folder off a fat dude' thing might turn into some kinda bad Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid remake, except without the love triangle, or the Mexicans. Or, you know, two handsome heart throbs."

Talk thusly as I proceed to the pawn shop. Keep eyes peeled for incidences of possible magic use.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: February 10, 2014, 04:28:49 pm »

"Whatever, man- if these leylines give us power, then obviously we want more of them.  If there's some shithead in the way, we" and here is a slight twitch "potato them."

Stroll into pawn shop as well!  Contemplate power.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: February 10, 2014, 04:41:07 pm »

"Sounds like a plan, dude. I can just feel the potatoes waiting just beyond the material plane, man, just bursting to come out and deal justice, y'know. Let's hope all this contract stuff is sorted out so we can go and do leylines or find... criminals."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: February 10, 2014, 04:55:19 pm »

Halesey and Larry slowly stroll into the store, discussing the next step on the way to ultimate power - fifty grand, while technically not beyond their reach, is pretty steep. You could, like, buy all kinds of stuff with fifty grand. And there's probably more power to unlock, too. As they step into the store, they spot Klein immediately.

He appears to be naked, sitting on a pile of smut with a magazine open, gaping at its contents. He appears to be perfectly still at the moment, and his eyes look wide, glassy and rather dry.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: February 10, 2014, 05:04:03 pm »

"Think he wanked himself to death?"

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: February 10, 2014, 05:08:11 pm »

"Enchanté. My name is John. Might I enquire about the name of your friend who is peering at us from the doorway? I believe we-" He glances over at Samuel "-may have somewhat scared her off when we spoke earlier."

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: February 10, 2014, 05:10:04 pm »

--double post, sorry--

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile