Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 244

Author Topic: The Forgotten Art: Approaching the Nexus  (Read 267531 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: The Forgotten Art: The Making of a Sanctum
« Reply #375 on: October 17, 2013, 02:33:10 pm »

Larry, the very incarnation of consummate professionalism, retrieves his telescopic teatato from his now-wet pocket and extends it, planting his eye on one side to get a better look at the floating pair of pants. Shockingly enough, it works perfectly, though the picture he gets through it is tinted a rather rich brown. He can count the fibers on the pants now, and he is somewhat disappointed at the thread count, really. Poor quality denim, oh yes.

Suddenly, Larry hears a tingling sound and feels the rush of displaced air on his face. He turns to look at the source, and notices a man standing next to him. He seems to be flashing him a winning smile currently, and he appears to be wearing a somewhat expensive tuxedo.

"Hello, sir," the man says to him in a rich, velvety voice. "What're you looking for, if I may ask?"

Some distance away, Halesey and Elizabeth make a concentrated team effort to rid themselves of Tim. In this productive partnership, Halesey is the muscle while Elizabeth provides the smooth language.

"I'm fairly sure that assaulting people like this really hurts your chances of making any friends, though. Also, see a psychologist. Or someone else actually paid to listen to your bullshit. Now get off me. Please. In the grand scheme of things it's absolutely insignificant either way, so why not respect the wishes of your counterpart? This is the first step to striking up some sort of friendship, you know."

"I would see a psychologist, but I do not have any money. Crushing poverty is, regrettably, also a problem of mine. Quite the pickle I find myself in, really. Thus, the only temporary cure for my troubles is, just as regrettably, taking out my sorrows by inconveniencing others to a limited degree."

[Halesey's body vs. Tim's body: 5 vs. 5-1]

While Tim blathers on, Halesey just rolls the guy off Elizabeth. Elizabeth, now free of her captor, tries to get up.

Then she realizes that the potent mixture of uncommon filth and mucus appears to have hardened, and much of her hair is now stuck in it, not to mention her clothes, due in part to the sudden drop in temperature caused by all the frozen napkins pouring out of her palm - a torrent that has abated right now, by the way.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: October 17, 2013, 03:06:32 pm »

((Frozen mucus traps are now a thing.))

"We're here for the ley line.  We're moving in and taking its sweet, delicious power."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: October 17, 2013, 03:10:02 pm »

"We're here for the ley line.  We're moving in and taking its sweet, delicious power."

The man laughs in an awfully pleasant fashion that seems borderline canned in its sheer artifice.

"I'm afraid I can't let you do that, sir! Maybe I can interest you in a nice drink instead?"

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: October 17, 2013, 03:18:02 pm »

Larry raises an eyebrow.  "See, that wasn't a question, buddy.  I got a couple others here that agree with me," he says, gesturing backwards.  "How about you and your toy mops head on off now?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: October 17, 2013, 03:23:09 pm »

"Yeah, feckwad!" agreed Halesey, before trying to help Elizabeth free of her horrific fate.

Help Elizabeth up, but not if it looks like it might result in grievous bodily harm. Prepare a musical garbage blast.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: October 17, 2013, 05:18:45 pm »

"Yeah, beware! For I am mightily immobilized. Sigh. Look, could you please handle this alone and non-violently? Perhaps find out whether you're even talking to the man in charge?"

Slowly remove/chisel self from frozen icky mass.

Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: October 18, 2013, 12:37:02 am »

Larry raises an eyebrow.  "See, that wasn't a question, buddy.  I got a couple others here that agree with me," he says, gesturing backwards.  "How about you and your toy mops head on off now?"

"No can do, buddy! Only people who're going to have to leave are you! You're not welcome here, you know. Floor's all messed up because of you now. That's no good, you see."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: October 18, 2013, 09:14:37 am »

Larry laughs derisively.  "I don't think so."

Fire Alkaline Trouser Golem Beam!

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: October 18, 2013, 12:25:06 pm »

((that'll show em))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: October 18, 2013, 02:30:28 pm »

Halesey, after adding a peeved voice to the discussion between Larry and the well-dressed man, tries to help Elizabeth get out of the trap formed of half-frozen mucus.

[Elizabeth's finesse roll: 2-1]

Elizabeth tries to slowly move in the mucus, but finds that she is largely immobilized - she's stuck fast to the ground, and she doesn't quite have a chisel handy to free herself. She tries to scratch some of the frozen stuff away, but she doesn't make any noticeable progress.

Halesey, who observes for a moment, wonders how best to help her. He supposes he could dig into the mucus with his own, slightly more free hands, but that would be disgusting. He could also apply the band-aid principle to this situation, which would probably be less painful than slowly pulling her out of the trap.

Larry, meanwhile, laughs derisively as he casts a powerful trouser golem beam at the man!

[Larry's finesse vs. Man's finesse: 3 vs. 5+1]

However, before he can even finish the final snort of his laugh, the man moves against him!

[Man's body vs. Larry's body: 3+1 vs. 3-1]

He leaps forward, flipping through the air and delivering a rather noteworthy kick to Larry's midsection, which catches Larry slightly off-guard, sending him reeling backward. Larry, somewhat pissed by this, redoubles his efforts against the man.

[Larry's affinity roll: 5+1]
[Larry's finesse vs. Man's finesse: 2 vs. 3+1]

He aims his palm forward, blasting forth a steady stream of trouser golems at the man, who promptly performs a triple backflip out of the way, landing perfectly out of range of the attack as it subsides quickly.

"Don't wanna have to hurt you too much, buddy!" the man declares from a small distance.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: October 18, 2013, 02:51:15 pm »

"You fucked up, asshole!"

Spray him and his vicinity down with Evoked Mucus!

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: October 18, 2013, 02:57:58 pm »

"Triple backflip? Come on, man. Even I know that's just straight up disrespectful, and I have the martial arts skills of a potato." Elizabeth says, drawing upon all of her accumulated couch athlete skills. "DON'T AIM THAT THING MY WAY! DAMNIT!"

Then she, again, focuses on trying to solve a magic-induced problem through the obvious solution of more magic.

Hey, so, um. I am in a regrettably literal sticky situation, and clearly what I need is more spells. Can you hit me with your best shot?

Commune with entity! Acquire spells! Pray for something heat-based!

« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 03:00:10 pm by Errol »

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: October 18, 2013, 04:14:47 pm »

((Errol, I have a musical garbage blast 'prepared', I could get down on the ground and try to blast you free! Also, phone so no rp or colour))

Musically garbage blast the nearest foe - in the face! Stand guard over Elizabeth's escape attempts.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: October 18, 2013, 04:33:23 pm »

((Errol, I have a musical garbage blast 'prepared', I could get down on the ground and try to blast you free! Also, phone so no rp or colour))

Musically garbage blast the nearest foe - in the face! Stand guard over Elizabeth's escape attempts.

((Like hell that'll work...))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: October 18, 2013, 05:02:50 pm »

((Errol, I have a musical garbage blast 'prepared', I could get down on the ground and try to blast you free!))

Actually, you don't. The timeframe the turns are working in currently mean you can't simultaneously do two things.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 244