Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 244

Author Topic: The Forgotten Art: Approaching the Nexus  (Read 267269 times)

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: The Forgotten Art: The Changing of Hands
« Reply #600 on: December 12, 2013, 04:34:14 am »

((I tried to be serious once!))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: December 12, 2013, 07:27:04 am »

Willy, after choosing his magical power, looks at Pete and orders the arcane mysteries to become manifest!

[Willy's affinity roll: 5]

His hand begins to glow brightly with a pink light, and there is a barely audible sound of jolly, jaunty singing that fills the air around it. Looking at his hand, Willy observes that the glow intensifies for a good half minute or so, then plateaus, resulting in a glow a bit brighter than your average lightbulb. For some reason, it looks both comforting and somehow wrong at the same time.

"There it is! The power of God! Yes! You are enlightened!"

After a long moment spent spacing out as usual, Elizabeth suddenly snaps back to her senses as the whisper telling her to summon a vortex of racist beavers on the roof of somebody's mouth grows loud enough to be downright impolite and distracting. What's happening to her?

"Er. Now, where were we again? I tend to space out a lot these days... must be the stress... hahaha."

She turns to look outside, observing Halesey and Larry.

[Halesey's affinity roll: 5]

As she looks, the rain outside becomes thicker all of a sudden, and she notices it foam up ever so slightly as it hits the ground. Um... that's probably not good for the environment... erm...

"-and that I'd really like it if you would just hand me a little piece of it, if it's not too much trouble," goes Roseanne's voice, which Elizabeth had tuned out in favor of looking at the cataclysm outside, causing her to return to business again.

"Um... what?"

"Well, I was talking about those little brown-"

"Weren't we talking about property?"

"No, not to my knowledge, but-"

"I'd like to get us on track now, so let's talk about property instead. About this old factory, 17 Import Avenue."

Ms. Walters partakes of another spoonful of cake, then smiles at Elizabeth.

"Ah, that place! Yes. You're interested in it? If so, I'm afraid it's not really for sale or anything. I do have plans for it."

"Oh no, we're not looking to buy it or acquire it or anything... really, what I've got in mind would be better described as... shared use."

"Hm? Please explain."

"Well, we'd keep the hobos and squatters, and other unwelcome people out in return for you allowing us to use the premises."

"They have been a bit of a problem, yes. The whole neighborhood is a bit criminal that way, I'm afraid. No respect for other people's property there and all that. Why, I could tell you-"

Elizabeth's attention is once again taken away from the conversation as she spots Larry trying something.

[Larry's affinity roll: 2+1]

As he jumps from one foot to another and hollers (luckily, this is inaudible inside the cake shop - Elizabeth can only shudder as she imagines the sounds that horrible face is making right now), a small creature composed of compressed trousers flies out of his palm, flying for three meters before falling in a newly-formed shampoo puddle. Something tells her she should get a move on before the neighborhood is caught in a massive potato hole or whatever. She turns to Ms. Walters, who is busy both eating and delivering what must have been an interesting tale.

"-and the foreman wouldn't even tell me what happened - in fact, I never saw him in person again. Heard he withdrew from society or something, and was driven to drink. Simply horrible."

Yeah, better make this fast.

Spoiler: GM Note (click to show/hide)

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: December 12, 2013, 07:35:45 am »

"Hey, Pete! Lookie! I can make pink! What do I do with it?"

"Kill him! KILL HIM"

"No that would be mean. I'll do it later."

Follow Pete around for a while, and try to remember why they call him Hungry Pete.

Spoiler: Willy (click to show/hide)
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: December 12, 2013, 07:39:02 am »

Refrain from doing anything silly. Look bemused and innocent at the soapy floor!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: December 12, 2013, 08:18:49 am »

That works too.  Violence toned down.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: December 14, 2013, 05:45:04 pm »

It's been entirely too long since I've updated this. How would you, the players, prefer I deal with Errol's side of the turn - with rolls or with your suggestions?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: December 14, 2013, 09:42:05 pm »

Oh man, I totally missed the new page when I replied to this, and didn't realize there was an update.  Derp alert!

Uh...  I don't know.  Will have to think on this one.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: December 15, 2013, 03:41:22 am »

Rolls is probably best for the plot.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: December 15, 2013, 01:25:25 pm »

((Rolls, I guess.))

Concentrate on more magic.  Hold fire for now.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: December 18, 2013, 09:41:36 am »

As Hungry Pete looks quite happy indeed, Willy ponders the merits of killing him in a most violent way. He looks at his magic hand, then at Pete. Hm... maybe later would be a better time.

"Very well... let us set out! We need to spread the word of God to this forsaken city! To the church, post-haste!" he yells out, running off while Willy does his best to keep up. As he runs, he ponders why they call Hungry Pete that. Probably because he was hungry at some point, you know. Or maybe because he ate people! That would be real cool. Willy always thought he kinda looked like a cannibal. Well, either that or a multiple rapist - he's not sure what a multiple rapist does, but the ones he's seen on TV do look like Pete quite a lot...

Soon enough, the two have reached a nearby church - a modern affair, to be sure, not very holy-looking at all, but it does have a crude fish drawing on it, so Willy guesses it must be holy to some degree. Or at least a fish market.

"Follow me! We shall show them power, yes!"

Outside the fancy cake and tea shop of Raymond St., Halesey and Larry both wait. Nobody seems to be coming out just yet, but Halesey is determined to not start trouble until it inevitably appears that he absolutely needs to do so. Larry is of a similar opinion now that his previous attempt has failed, though he chooses to still prepare a great helping of magical readiness in any event. He goes still as a statue, his mind focusing on the task ahead, and for a moment there is nothing else in the world apart from himself, his magic and the entrance to the cake shop.

Thus it is not surprising that he almost conjures a whole avalanche of snot when suddenly Elizabeth and Ms. Walters both exit the store, looking rather friendly with each other.

"-it is quite an interesting thing you propose, and I find myself too intrigued to not accept. You have my word that you will not be interfered with at the site as long as the squatters stay evicted. You also have my permission to commence restoration and reconstruction of the place," the woman says to Elizabeth, wiping her cheek with a handkerchief.

"Yes, that definitely works for me," Elizabeth agrees.

"If you have any questions about the place or maybe something interesting to report, feel free to give me a call. This project of yours seems fascinating. Maybe it could revitalize the whole neighborhood, even."

"Oh, I'm sure it will. In any case, either I or my associates will reach you in the event that it is needed."

"Yes. Well, I'd love to stay and chat, but I have meetings to attend to."

"As do I. Goodbye, Ms. Walters."

"Goodbye, Ms. Blanc."

The two then part ways, with Roseanne heading down the street to her car while Elizabeth cautiously approaches Halesey, who is covered in rather nice-smelling hair products, and Larry, who looks like he could stare a hole into reality right now.

"It's done. We have permission to use the place however we need as long as we remove the squatters."

That seems to have gone well, almost disappointingly so.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: December 18, 2013, 09:52:04 am »

"So did you mind control her or what?  Whatever, let's go kick some squatter ass."

Head back to the building, all the while focusing up my magical power!

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: December 18, 2013, 08:46:59 pm »

"Alright, Willy! You're a magician now, and this is your first gig! Knock 'em dead!"

"Yeah! Knock 'em dead!"

Knock 'em dead.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: December 19, 2013, 01:22:34 am »

Oh gosh. Maximum Larry.

Return to the factory and stroll in apologetically.

"I... I didn't want it to come to this..."

Cast upon myself the shield of imbecilic desks!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: December 20, 2013, 04:24:55 pm »

Larry is sure that some shenanigans were involved in Elizabeth's acquisition of such a vague and easily exploitable form of permission.

"So did you mind control her or what?" he asks, unaware of, yet interested in any trickery that may have taken place. Midway through the question, however, he realizes what's truly important right now - not like Elizabeth was going to tell him what she did, anyway. "Whatever, let's go kick some squatter ass."

Halesey, though silent, evidently concurs. The two righteous magical dudes move down the street - Halesey in a grim, purposeful manner, Larry resembling a Chinese vampire, hopping about stiffly, every muscle tense and ready to unleash horrible, horrible magic on everybody in sight. Soon enough, they have both reached the factory, with Elizabeth presumably following not too far behind. They step right through the door, coming up to the crackling campfire the six squatters still have going over there. Halesey does his best to seem apologetic.

"I... I didn't want it to come to this..."

The Jesus-looking dude, who appears to have been asleep until woken up by the sound of his good buddy's voice, yawns and looks at him.

"Huh? What?"

"He said he didn't want it to come to this," the burned guy says in a monotone. "Who let him in here, anyway? These guys are bad news, I'm telling you. Look at him. Even got a cloud over his head."

"Naw, naw, that guy's cool. He fixed the door! That cloud is pretty weird, though."

[Halesey's affinity roll: 3]

A small clown-themed (with red knobs on the drawers, even) desk materializes next to Halesey, beginning an unsteady orbit around the fledgling mage.

"Whoa, man. Am I seeing this right?"

"That's pretty freaking weird if you ask me," the unusually clean woman says, though she realizes that obviously nobody asked her, and promptly sighs, shuffling slowly away from both the rather threatening and stiff-looking Larry and the obviously magical Halesey.

Knowing this is his first chance to really show people what he's made of, Willy follows Pete inside, running through a large, rather empty room, then a corridor decked out in funny pictures, stopping at a room that seems to be full of people - were he not seeing it right now, Willy would never have guessed that the room would have fit 9 people - and that's along with a pretty creepy-looking shrine taking up a whole lot of space as well. He wonders how these people haven't caught on fire yet with all the candles burning here. Then again, if they had done this previously, Willy wouldn't have seen it happen, so if you think about it that way, it's probably good that they've stayed roughly coordinated until this point.

"Father Peter! I thought you had left us for good!" a woman in her fifties, very thin and with distinctly horselike facial features, says to the man.

"Ah! You were wrong, obviously! I have indeed returned, and I come bearing knowledge, gifts and power! Oh yes! Show them the hand, Willy!"

Oh dear. Quite the dilemma Billy faces here - what would be the best way to humorously and malevolently interpret such a simple and vague instruction?

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: December 21, 2013, 03:13:55 am »

Perhaps we could do this non-violently and persuade them to work for us? It is Christmas after all. They could be leyline janitors or our acolytes or something.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 244