Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 244

Author Topic: The Forgotten Art: Approaching the Nexus  (Read 267410 times)

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
Re: The Forgotten Art: The Making of a Sanctum
« Reply #435 on: October 29, 2013, 10:16:41 am »

Elizabeth reflects the day once more, trying to decide what to do with this new power... the new shard of magic, perhaps.

She realized that a significant portion of the day she'd been clinging onto pipes for dear life, hugged to the ground by insane golems and stuck to the ground by -- uurgh goddamnit her clothes were really ruined she'd need a swankify clothing spell -- frozen snot. FROZEN SNOT. If wizarding was that physically demanding... though she yearned to use this newfound ability for greater magical attunement... she'd really need to adapt to that.

...hm. A few more things to do. She texted Kathryn about the successful leyline claim, tried to clean her clothes as far as she could, jotted down a few more ideas into her scrapbook, and then sat down on a rather clean surface, book in her lap.

How 'bout a few more spells as a victory celebration? ...by the way, I don't even know what I should call you. Any preferences for a name? I'm choosing one otherwise.

+1 Body. Roll the spell dice once more. Then do some exercises to test the power-up!

« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 10:18:15 am by Errol »
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: October 29, 2013, 10:57:13 am »

That was it!  Larry knew the power had been within him all along, but SOMETHING had been holding him back.  Clearly, it was this fleshy meatsack that he currently occupied that was doing it.  Well, he'd just have to get past it as best he could.  The binder should be some help.

"Come on, magic man, lay it on me.  Help me get past this weak fleshy form!"

In any case, Larry understood the problem better.  It wasn't a matter of power- it was just a case of wielding it properly.  He would just have to hone his mind in on it so it would flow more to his bidding.

Speaking of weak fleshy forms, Larry continued to ignore the one sitting on him.

+1 Mind.  Check the magic binder for more magic, especially a way to move past my weak fleshy form.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: October 29, 2013, 11:43:34 am »

"Thanks. Sweet.”

Take an Affiinity point. Lie down along the length of the leyline and just bask in the warm power of it. I'm quite happy with... certain of my spells. Just have a meditate on the nature of magical power, instead. Rest while my comrades spell up, and then we should go see the fat dude.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: October 30, 2013, 12:24:04 pm »

As they happily enjoy the free alterations to their physiology brought by vaguely-understood forces, the wizards in the making also perform certain side activities.

Elizabeth, for instance, tries to text Kat and engage in conversation with her book at the same time. It works out rather well.

~How 'bout a few more spells as a victory celebration? ...by the way, I don't even know what I should call you. Any preferences for a name? I'm choosing one otherwise.~

~feel free. and some spells as well, yes.~

[Elizabeth's mind roll: 2+1]

The calmness of the moment does not play in Elizabeth's favor, and she hardly even notices a great deal of knowledge pass her by, only managing to latch onto one particular word combination this time.

Spoiler: Elizabeth's New Spell (click to show/hide)

At the same time, Larry rants from his prone position about the necessity of getting as much magic as he can to become less fleshy.

"Come on, magic man, lay it on me.  Help me get past this weak fleshy form!" he says, burying his face in the tome which he has painstakingly wriggled out of his pants.

"I sincerely hope you are not speaking to me," the man on top of him mentions. Larry does not dignify this with a remark.

[Larry's mind roll: 2+1]

In the moment he considers doing so, though, a lot of magic has passed him right by, rather similarly to Elizabeth's predicament moments before. He catches but a single spell, exerting his newfound mental prowess in a somewhat effective way.

Spoiler: Larry's New Spell (click to show/hide)

Halesey, feeling a tad less proactive, lies down and just soaks up that nice magical radiation. It's like the sun, but tinglier. Maybe magic itself is like sunlight, too. It sure feels refreshing.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: October 30, 2013, 03:14:16 pm »

"So... fellow wizards. The fat dude told us to get to the leyline, no? We did. What do we do now? I wonder if we should do some kind of ritual or something to... I dunno... ritualise the place? Like sacrifice a goat or something, but, you know, without the goat or the sacrificing, if possible... I don' t know what you've seen in your folders, but I've seen power, man."

Practice shooting a bolt of beans at the man lying on Larry.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: October 30, 2013, 03:20:18 pm »

"Did someone get his cell number?  We could just call him."

Sub out Curse Pudding.  Try out the new spell on this dude sitting on me.  Equip the coolest looking hat that gets summoned, preferably a wizard one.

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: October 30, 2013, 03:35:37 pm »

((you and Elizabeth could just set up a luxury hat business now and become infinitely rich))

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: October 30, 2013, 06:54:28 pm »

Swankify hats. Pick most wizardiest.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: October 30, 2013, 07:20:58 pm »

((La, you clearly need to get Summon Skirt then.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: October 31, 2013, 07:33:40 am »

Halesey, after suggesting a perfectly reasonable plan of action, tries to shoot the terribly droll fellow off his buddy Larry.

[Halesey's affinity roll: 1-->3]

He suddenly becomes aware of a bunch of beans appearing somewhere within him. Judging by the way he isn't dead right now, it probably wasn't anywhere too important.

Larry, in the meantime, tries out his new spell to summon some hats on the guy who's laying on top of him.

[Larry's affinity roll: 4+1]

A whole bunch of hats - at least a dozen - suddenly materializes out of the blue, landing on top of the gentleman clutching onto Larry.

"And now I am being used as a hat rack. Truly, I am moving up in the world."

Nobody pays him any mind, and Elizabeth, no longer the limp noodle of a person she used to be, walks confidently up to the pile of hats and does some fun magic.

[Elizabeth's affinity roll: 2+1]

She picks up a hat, a woolen skullcap in this case, and swankifies it - it becomes a little sparkly as a result. A bit gauche, really. She expected better.

Spoiler: GM Note (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 07:56:23 am by Harry Baldman »

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: October 31, 2013, 07:50:44 am »

"Oh crap. Um. Eww."

Try to focus on the beans in me. Try to Displace Beans the hell out of me.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: October 31, 2013, 12:44:45 pm »

Try to focus on the beans in me. Try to Displace Beans the hell out of me.

((I see all sorts of fun and hilarious ways for this to go wrong.))

Well, that was effective, Larry guesses.  "Okay dude, you gotta go now."

Get the fat guy off me.  Mucus him if I can't shove him off.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: November 03, 2013, 04:15:04 am »

Hm. It's been a while, so it's time to have somebody suggest for Elizabeth. Possibly Errol himself.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: November 03, 2013, 09:18:01 am »

Swanky hats for everyone!

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: November 03, 2013, 10:59:25 am »

Why did I not post for this.

Also why is Toaster's suggestion perfectly reasonable. Let's swankify the shit out of those hats. Hell, double-swankify one of them.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 244