Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 244

Author Topic: The Forgotten Art: Approaching the Nexus  (Read 267447 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: The Forgotten Art: The Making of a Sanctum
« Reply #405 on: October 23, 2013, 09:48:11 am »

Halesey, quite pissed right now, decides to unleash whatever power he currently holds - surely it will be enough to eliminate the foolish hippie and his silly posturing.

"Your door, buttmunch?! This is public propery, dickweasel, unless you're Mr... Mr... Unused Factory Corp, or something... Prepare to leave, yer bleedin' arsebiscuit, and don't say I didn't warn you when you're crawling around crying for your mummy about how you're all naked and trapped in an eternity of vegetable! FEEL MY POTATOES, FECKER!"

[Halesey's affinity roll: 4+3-1]

The fabric of space and time, the spot having been chosen quite well by Halesey, implodes right behind the summoner man, who is understandably startled when potato hell opens up right behind him.

[Factory Wizard's body roll: 4-1]

The fellow stumbles, getting pulled into the vortex slowly, but surely. The sharp-dressed man, noticing the fellow in trouble, rushes to his aid!

[Sharp-Dressed Man's body roll: 5+1]

He cartwheels and flips through the moving mass of mop golems with unusual grace, grabbing his pal by the arm and holding it tightly, like a rock in a potato-based storm.

For their part, Larry and Elizabeth try to deal with possibly impending doom in varied ways - Larry stays where he is, opting to brace himself, which is helped by the fact that there's a reasonably heavy gentleman on top of him, while Elizabeth tries to get away as quickly as possible.

[Elizabeth's body roll: 3-1]

Sadly, however, the mucus holds her fast. Fortunately, though, the mucus holds her fast - she certainly is in no danger right now, she would say. The vortex seems to have been rather well-chosen in a way - it doesn't exert much of a pull on Halesey or his allies, though it does seem to be cleaning up the mop golems nicely.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: October 23, 2013, 10:17:07 am »

”Yeah! Eat potatoes, buttface! Have this!”

Musical garbage blast sharp dressed man into the vortex!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: October 23, 2013, 10:19:26 am »

Larry flinched a bit in proto-PTSD.  "Have some of this too!"

Golem beam the fellow off me and into potato hell.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: October 25, 2013, 10:50:15 am »

Perhaps somebody would like to suggest in Errol's stead should Errol not show up in the next 12 or so hours?

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: October 25, 2013, 10:53:57 am »

((There is not much for Elizabeth to do really. Maybe you could just auto her to get free from the mucus?))

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: October 25, 2013, 10:56:45 am »

I imagine that Liz would cast Vortex of Racist Beavers at the enemy wizard.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: October 25, 2013, 12:03:48 pm »

I imagine that Liz would try to get free of the mucus and resolve to start actually working out when this is over.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: October 25, 2013, 02:23:09 pm »

Halesey, hoping to drive the final nail into the potato-laden coffin of this vile squatter, tries to blast him into the vortex!

[Halesey's affinity roll: 5-1]
[Halesey's finesse roll: 6-->1]

He points his palm into the direction of the sharp-dressed man, screaming as he unleashes a not inconsiderable amount of solemnly lilting garbage that flies rapidly at the summoned individual!

[Sharp-Dressed Man's finesse roll: 1-->5+1-1]

The man in the tuxedo does not even see it coming, yelping as he is struck and propelled toward the portal, his apparent summoner in his arms!

[Sharp-Dressed Man's body roll: 6-->6+1-1]

The man seems totally unharmed, though, managing to roll nicely and come to a stop at the brink of the vortex, barely holding on to this reality.

Larry, equally occupied presently, tries to beam the grim fellow off himself.

[Larry's affinity roll: 2+1]
[Larry's finesse roll: 2]

A small golem shoots out of his palm, landing near him, totally unhelpful presently.

The sharp-dressed man, precariously balancing at the edge of reality, tries to move away from his position.

[Sharp-Dressed Man's body roll: 4]

He slowly starts to move away from the portal, and the wizard in his hands points his finger at Halesey. A small, yet profoundly sad-looking man is emitted from his palm in moments!

[Halesey's finesse roll: 4]

The small man hits the barrier around Halesey, plonking off it and falling to the ground.

Elizabeth, still stuck to the ground, tries to escape.

[Elizabeth's body roll: 6-->6-1]

Shockingly, through the raw power of pent-up frustration, she succeeds most admirably, gently tearing herself from the floor and sustaining hardly any damage in the process.

Maybe she doesn't need working out after all, she thinks.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: October 25, 2013, 02:55:19 pm »

"Damn you, wizardy dillweed! Damn you and your peons!"

Safe within his wall of pigeons, Halesey did what had, in the space of less than a day, become the only thing he knew. He gathered up the force of the potato deep within, and prepared to put potatoey holes into both reality and his enemies. The potato had all but taken him over; it stoked his rage; it filled his mind. And once potato hell was filled: he was going to damn well fill it again, with another potato hell. It'd be like two facing mirrors, but made out of potatoes, and not flat, and not reflective, and filled with enemies and potatoes.

Stand firm within pigeons. Trust in pigeons to protect me. Kneel and outstretch both hands and call on power of the leyline to fill my Prepare Potato Vortex with incredible power!

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: October 25, 2013, 07:51:12 pm »

Damn it.  This wasn't working!  Maybe... the ley line?

Focus on the ley line, and let its power flow into me.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: October 27, 2013, 01:30:29 pm »

Hey, everyone! It's that time of day again when you get to tell Errol what to do!

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: October 27, 2013, 02:05:35 pm »

I imagine that Liz would cast Vortex of Racist Beavers at the enemy wizard.

:)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: October 27, 2013, 02:15:33 pm »

I would say favor suggestions of non-players, but VRB sounds like a winner too.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: October 27, 2013, 04:38:35 pm »

You know what? Screw it. Vortex of Racist Beavers is go.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: October 27, 2013, 04:40:46 pm »

You know what? Screw it. Vortex of Racist Beavers is go.

Yessssssssssssssssss, common sense reigns at last!
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 244