Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 244

Author Topic: The Forgotten Art: Approaching the Nexus  (Read 267552 times)

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
Re: The Forgotten Art: The Making of a Sanctum
« Reply #315 on: October 07, 2013, 05:17:31 am »

Evoke a Glowing Pigeon Barrier around group, then advance because they're going to do something silly anyway.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: October 07, 2013, 05:24:10 am »

((What, you want to negotiate with someone who uses mop golems against the innocent?))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: October 07, 2013, 07:58:33 am »

"Let's get past these damn things."

Get past.  Mucus anything that tries to stop me.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: October 07, 2013, 08:29:56 am »

((What, you want to negotiate with someone who uses mop golems against the innocent?))

((I do not like your chances to do something sensible, even when we're taking negotiation out of the equation, and Elizabeth never takes trying to talk with people out of the equation... essentially, I expect you to cause things to go to hell on accident and I really look forward to that. :D So, please, have this pigeon barrier so that you can survive that silliness.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: October 07, 2013, 03:38:21 pm »

"Let's go out for a night on the town!" Kat agrees with Perfidy, seemingly a bit more drunk from the mouthful of angry wine than one would normally expect a full-grown person to be.

"Let's go! Yeah!"

Kat quickly gets her things together, dressing up for a wild evening, then the two ladies head out. Perfidy leads the way, but she doesn't seem to really know where to go. Instead, she seems to be looking for something. After a bit of walking, she stops, her eyes resting on a group of five men standing at a bus stop, smoking and chatting as they look sadly at the steadfastly abominable weather. Perfidy eyeballs them for a second, then looks at Kat.

"Hey, wanna see something funny?"

Halesey tries to squeeze past the assembled mop golems, hoping that they won't mind terribly much.

[Halesey's body roll: 4]

He gently nudges a few mop golems aside, politely moving through the crowd and offering the occasional apologetic cough and nod as a mop golem stares him down on a few occasions. Halesey finds that the mop golem congregation seems to go deeper than he previously imagined - there's a whole mess of the things deeper in.

Emboldened by the example set by Halesey, Larry tries to repeat his success.

[Larry's body roll: 3-1]

He does not, however, possess enough strength to press through the dense crowd of mops, and an idle swing of a mop golem's hips throws him aside. Larry wonders if that counts as assault of some kind. Elizabeth, seeing that things aren't going so well, tries to improve the situation with a pigeon barrier. A glowing pigeon barrier, in fact.

[Elizabeth's affinity roll: 6-->5+1]

As she puts her mind to it, luminous pigeons being to dive from some heretofore unknown dimension, obediently forming a wall around her and Larry. She then advances, and the barrier moves with her. The golems, noticing such a divine manifestation of power, slowly begin to clear the way, hugging the walls as Elizabeth walks along them. Looks like they know enough to respect magic, it seems. The two of them catch up with Halesey quickly enough, enveloping him in the barrier as well. There's still a ways to go, though.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: October 07, 2013, 03:48:12 pm »

"Nice... nice pigeons, man," says Halesey, shaking his head and blinking a little to see if he wakes up. He doesn't. "I guess we just press on forward, eh?"

Press on forward. But with Musical Garbage Blast at the very ready.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: October 07, 2013, 10:48:21 pm »

Kat nods, sure some devastation would be wrought upon the hapless men.

"Alright, but try not to squish any of them. The one in the middle is sort of cute."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: October 08, 2013, 12:29:47 am »

"Alright, but try not to squish any of them. The one in the middle is sort of cute."

"'Kay. Stand well back."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: October 08, 2013, 01:02:26 am »

*big step*
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: October 08, 2013, 03:15:48 am »

"So, why the hell are there so many mop golems around here? It almost seems like there's actually already wizards sitting on this leyline! Man, I don't look forward to that."

Advance while extracting answers.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: October 08, 2013, 08:28:17 am »

Larry glares at the golems as he passes.  "We can always just chuck them in that horrible potato hell.  But please make sure I'm in the next county or something before you cast it, okay?"

Onward
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: October 09, 2013, 09:21:55 am »

Halesey compliments the pigeons and, upon finding that they are unfortunately all too real, presses on forward with Elizabeth and Larry.

"So, why the hell are there so many mop golems around here? It almost seems like there's actually already wizards sitting on this leyline! Man, I don't look forward to that."

"We can always just chuck them in that horrible potato hell. But please make sure I'm in the next county or something before you cast it, okay?"

Thus they banter as they make their way through the sea of mop golems, at last coming to a place that seems like their point of origin, considering how it has no wall right now. It's difficult to see in there, really. There's just too many mop golems! It is, however, evident that the leyline is very near, and there is the tiniest hint of a small clearing that all three of the wizards can currently see within the crowd of mops.

Kat heeds Perfidy's warning, taking quite a sizable step back. Perfidy nods, walking up to the five guys, then waving to them. They look up from their conversation for a moment, somewhat puzzled by the girl in front of them. Perfidy laughs softly, then outstretches her arms, straightening out in a manner similar to a yawn.

Immediately, something begins to flow out from her, a black, twisting fog that streams out in several directions, seemingly sentient in the way it seems to grab at the men.

[Bus Stop Dudes' finesse rolls: 3, 1-->1, 5, 5, 4]
[Bus Stop Dude 1's body roll: 1-->1]

Though the billowing, foggy blackness advances quickly, Kat can see that three of the guys, showing very good judgment, immediately run away from the fog upon seeing one of their friends completely engulfed in the stuff and another getting partially caught in it, then violently yanked into the darkness. Asking no questions, they back away to what seems like a safe distance. Moments later, the fog subsides, revealing a completely unharmed Perfidy standing next to the two unfortunates caught in the fog.

Said two unfortunates are completely covered in hair from head to toe, and this certainly isn't your average body hair. It is jet black with a mildly purple sheen, roughly the thickness of electrical cables, not to mention that each hair is the length of an arm, it seems. And alive and screaming at that. A veritable choir is formed from the joined yelps and shrieks of both the afflicted and the hairs as the former roll around in confusion and possibly great discomfort. The other guys look at the people on the ground, then at Perfidy, quite distraught at what is happening, clearly. Perfidy, meanwhile, is quite amused.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: October 09, 2013, 09:35:13 am »

"That was fairly impressive! What do you call that maneuver?"

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: October 09, 2013, 10:37:36 am »

Push on - with both diplomacy and Musical Garbage Blast at the ready!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: October 09, 2013, 11:34:46 am »

Onward, prepared to work violence in the form of mucus!
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 244