Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 244

Author Topic: The Forgotten Art: Approaching the Nexus  (Read 267602 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: The Forgotten Art: The Making of a Sanctum
« Reply #270 on: October 01, 2013, 01:41:27 pm »

~"So you're saying I'm unconsciously connected to the others like they're connected to me? What can you do with this 'trouble'?"~

~Right now? Not much. I mean, ya might have some luck if all o' them were meditatin' all simultaneous-like, but other than that, not a whole lot o' utility yet. Takes investment, ya know.~

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: October 01, 2013, 02:42:47 pm »

Kat nods. No answers, no direction. Just more vagueness.

Active: Fin and abnadonded balony to pratise rouge boolt. Alsso clozes

Spoiler: Whatever (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 02:44:53 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: October 02, 2013, 09:01:48 am »

Elizabeth goes over to the factory, looking for some sort of subtle entrance. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be one. There's only a door. She pulls on it, and nothing happens. She pushes it. It opens. Sweet.

She goes right into the factory, hoping she doesn't attract too much attention. Maybe the others have gone inside and-

Suddenly, she finds herself face-to-face with the chemically burned guy. His sunken eyes narrow at the sight of her.

"What're you doing in here, lady? And where's your druggie friends?"

Hm. Er... ah. Elizabeth is about to come up with a perfectly plausible explanation, but then there's a sudden, unusually avant-garde musical echo through the factory. The burned man is quite distracted by it from the looks of it.

Meanwhile, three floors higher, mass destruction is about to happen! Larry, having coached Halesey on proper casting procedure, assumes the same posture as his student. They look at each other, nod and begin, with Larry performing a leaping, spinning flourish, thrusting his palms out toward the door in sync with Halesey doing much the same to the best of his ability.

[Halesey's affinity roll: 2+1+3-1]

Larry's training appears to have paid off, as just when they both simultaneously and identically perform the magical jazz hands required for optimum casting, a large sphere of assorted things - old ukeleles, drums, violins, synthesizers and xylophones, among other things - emanates from Halesey's palms, rapidly flying into the locked door and exploding in a manner both violent and symphonic - the debris from the wall and the door as well as the various instrument components fly inward, hitting one another, the walls and the floor in a rhythmic, almost melodic fashion.

Why, it's almost enough to distract both of them from the fact that the door (as well as a good section of wall around it) is gone, revealing a hallway leading to rows of offices. Curiously enough, the two men can see what appear to be distant orange and green lights in the somewhat darkened area.

Quite far away indeed, Kat gets dressed and goes to find an abandoned balcony. Regrettably, though, all the other apartments on this floor are quite locked, so she just steps onto her own balcony. Not like anyone will mind, she guesses. She aims her hand outward and tries some magic.

[Kat's affinity roll: 1-->5]

However, nothing really happens when she flicks her wrist and wills magic to come into existence. This, she thinks, is most unsatisfying.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: October 02, 2013, 09:11:55 am »

Again again again
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: October 02, 2013, 09:12:55 am »

((I’d like to suggest we move in with optimum stealth, but that’s possibly a bit pointless having blasted our way in with noise. But we should move in with due care and attention. Someone will try to ambush us or diplomacy us or something as bad and I've got a hairtrigger nudist potato hell waiting for them))

"Sweet. Cheers dude, you're clearly a born teacher. Let's get in there."

Mentally ready myself in a similar way to cast the musical garbage blast again, hold the power of musical garbage in my open palm (just one, keep one hand free for… unlocked doors and stuff), and move into the now opened space with caution. Accept any pointers from Larry if he wants to give them regarding my musical garbage blast preparation.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: October 02, 2013, 09:33:18 am »

Larry nods.  "Awesome.  I am pretty good at getting things going.  Let's go- I'll mucus any jerks that come at us."

Proceed onward.  If aggressed, evoke some mucus all over them.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: October 02, 2013, 10:47:41 am »

"Aw, man, that there might just be your answer. Sorry, no time now, gotta pound some sense in these idiots!"

Move towards wherever the hell that noise came from! Employ the good ol' Bavarian Fire Drill if I encounter some obstacles!
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: October 02, 2013, 11:26:42 am »

In her apartment, Kat feels the familiar pang of burning impatience hit her. It's not really fair that magic just keeps backfiring on her like this. She thrusts her palm outward several times, but nothing at all happens. A few minutes more pass and she is forced to admit that she's got pretty much nothing.

"You're doing it wrong!" comes a voice from below all of a sudden. Kat, mildly surprised to say the least, looks down.

There appears to be a girl in a raincoat standing outside her house, hollering at her from three floors down.

"Do you even have any idea what you're doing?" she continues at about the same volume. Her voice seems a little immature, and her accent's a bit difficult to place.

On the fourth floor of Import Avenue 17, Halesey and Larry take a few moments to compliment their job well done and continue onward to adventure. They enter the hallways, Halesey taking a moment to prepare a spell for firing off in case of trouble (it doesn't really manifest in any way, but Halesey likes to think that it will be awesome when it does).

Upon closer inspection, the orange lights appear to be traffic lights of some kind, and there's a whole lot of them around. Dozens, several in each office from the looks of it, all lit up orange. That's pretty weird. Particularly since until now it didn't look like this place had electricity at all.

They keep on walking through the rather long hallway until something weird happens, and the entire floor is suddenly bathed in red light as the traffic lights suddenly all change. Well, that's definitely not normal.

Down below, Elizabeth utilizes the distraction to just handwave her presence and move along.

"Aw, man, that there might just be your answer. Sorry, no time now, gotta pound some sense in these idiots!"

The burned man, though confused, follows along at a reasonable pace as Elizabeth tries to identify the source of the noise. She's willing to bet it came from the ground floor, but she doesn't really know where to start looking.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: October 02, 2013, 11:38:13 am »

"Watch out for some weirdo probably summoning vortexes of traffic cones or something at us, dude. Someone else must've found one of them folders and tried to steal our leylines, man. Let's stick together. I promise not to do any potatoes unless stuff gets really bad."

Continue onwards; search room by room. Keep spell prepared!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: October 02, 2013, 12:18:22 pm »

"Righto.  I can bust out some golems too, if we need them.  Larry flexes unimpressively.

Onward, focusing on spellcasting.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: October 02, 2013, 12:36:17 pm »

"Wow. Golems? Sounds pretty impressive. Any good?"

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: October 02, 2013, 12:38:58 pm »

"Well, they distracted the potato people long enough.  Did I mention the potato people?  No more potatoes, man."

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: October 02, 2013, 01:13:25 pm »

"Look, well, I can't promise anything, but I'll try. But you know dude, if it's me or some other sucker, man, I'm going maximum potato, broer.

Although I could always try going maximum musical garbage, too, I suppose."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: October 02, 2013, 01:25:33 pm »

Kat looked down, narrowing her vision.

She shouted down.

"None of this really makes any sense anyway-I just learned m-double A-G-ick existed today. And, In the absence of any actual guiding drive, I'm mostly winging it until something explodes. Would you like to come up and explain who you are, and why you don't think I'm just a crazy person making signs at the air?"

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: October 02, 2013, 01:52:36 pm »

Just search the ground floor for potatoes. Follow trail of tubers, if present, to disaster zone, otherwise ask around whether any weirdos got in recently or anyone knows where that musical inventio came from.

Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 244