Author Topic: Moddin'  (Read 802 times)

Axle Gear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Moddin'
« on: April 18, 2007, 08:25:00 pm »

Okay, so I have a few questions.

First:
What does the [Frequency:5] value do?  Is it related to Population and Cluster Size?

Secondly..
Is it possible to make a creature that produces silk like spiders?  I was thinking of adding silkworms.

Thirdly..
Is it possible to make something that is a common, domestic, butcherable, hateable vermin that can be bought at the creation screen?

Edit:
Fourthly..
Is there a way to breed fish or lobsters?  I have all the types of shell except lobster, and my dorfs keep wanting them when they go all gay on me.  But getting a lobster is actually a difficult, time-consuming job, and IMHO shouldn't be.  (And i'm okay with dorfs eating them out of the pond as long as they breed!  I can fix their consumption juction.)

Fifthly..
Anyone know a good plant pack that DOESN'T screw my game up?  The drink mod causes random crashes and 'blanks' in the item-buy screen.  yes, I generated a new world.

Sixthly..
In fact, can anyone just give me the long-explanation of how to mod the plants?  I have a ton of stuff I want to add.

Seventhly..
Same for rocks.  I want more precious stones!  Stuff like malachite used as a gem.  IE, pyrite, bixbite, goshenite, heliodor, and morganite and such.
And I don't mean gems, but stuff like jet and onyx.

[ April 18, 2007: Message edited by: Axle Gear ]

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Moddin'
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2007, 10:01:00 pm »

I think I can answer some of these, but keep in mind I'm about as far from an expert you can get and still be willing to speak up...

Frequency determines how often the creature spawns. High values mean more common creatures. I think there's a default value if none is specified, but I don't know what it is.

I think the [WEBBER] tag makes the creature make webs - although it may cause problems if it's not paired with [WEBIMMUNE].

I don't see why you wouldn't be able to. Just add [COMMON_DOMESTIC] and [VERMIN_HATEABLE] tags. Of course, never having tried it, I don't know for sure if it'll work or not, which I suppose is probably what you were asking, so this probably isn't very helpful.

ctrlfrk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2007, 10:45:00 pm »

I tried to add silkworms a while back, but stopped when i realised i couldn't make the silk pink.

As for the drink mod stuffing the game up, i have never had any problems with it. Are you sure you're doing it right?
Start with a clean "install" and make sure the file is there BEFORE you generate a new world.

Fieari

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2007, 12:24:00 am »

I've had no problems at all with the drink mod.

OverrideB1

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Coffee-Drinker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2007, 02:31:00 am »

Same here -- no problems at all with either the drinking mod or the additional foods mod.
By the Beards of my Ancestors: There are Elephants inside the fortress. Seems like a good time to lie down right in front of them and... go to sleep
---last words of Cog Ingishontak, legendary Craftsdwarf

Anticheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2007, 04:47:00 am »

From the wiki:

quote:
[COMMON_DOMESTIC] Allows the creature to be brought with immigrants.

This is under Creature Flags.

--

@OverrideB1 - Your name is a reference to the webcomic Sluggy Freelance right?

[ April 19, 2007: Message edited by: Anticheese ]

Why not join us on IRC? irc.newnet.net #bay12games

OverrideB1

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Coffee-Drinker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2007, 06:54:00 am »

@Anticheese -- that's right, it's from Sluggy Freelance
By the Beards of my Ancestors: There are Elephants inside the fortress. Seems like a good time to lie down right in front of them and... go to sleep
---last words of Cog Ingishontak, legendary Craftsdwarf