Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Pen and Paper RP sessions: Stories of General Awesomeness  (Read 533 times)

tomio175

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Pen and Paper RP sessions: Stories of General Awesomeness
« on: August 23, 2013, 01:38:46 pm »

I had my first Pen and Paper session yesterday. Was pretty fun, setting was The Dark Eye (It's from Germany).
So we start up in this random village. We end up in an inn (obviously) and we see a few guys rolling dice to pass the time, some drunken guy at the bar and a guy dressed in completely black clothing, wearing a cape with his hood over his head and his sword was on the table.
We weren't a party yet, we just TOTALLY INCIDENTALLY happened to have arrived in said village at the same time. Our party: A female gypsy (me), a sorceress, an "adventurer" (some guy with a scythe and farmer's clothing), a hunter (who tried to sell his hides to EVERYONE we encountered) and something that's basically a hobo with a rapier. The Hobo tries to crawl under the table to pickpocket the guy in black. He gets caught out and pinned to a wall.
This is where I come in. "I'm gonna steal that guy's sword." The DM (or Master, as it was called in that game) starts laughing, but tells me to roll for it, with a higher chance since the guy is distracted. I fail on epic proportions (three twenties in a row, the lower the better). I not only cut myself with that guy's sword, I also manage to get it stuck in the woodwork above the door. The guy releases the Hobo.
Me and the Hobo run to the second floor. I try to throw the Hobo through the window, but again I fail extremely hard. I manage to get myself paralyzed by the pain. In the meanwhile, the Hobo is hanging outside of the window. The guy in black says: "A golden coin for whomever shoots him down!". The Hunter in our party shoots, but misses. However, the Hobo still falls down.
After this, I'm being dragged down by the barkeep down the stairs, and thrown out through the front door. Then, we get our quest because the guy in black kind of forces me and the Hobo.
Investigate some other village, where "suspicious" disappearances tend to happen. I remark that all disappearances are suspicious, earning me a golden coin less from the Black guy as a reward. We set out without buying equipment (great idea, by the way. It was hilarious!)
On the way, of our four guard shifts, two of us fall asleep, one gets distracted by a random sound and hits his head against a tree and is knocked unconscious, and the fourth finds us and has to clean up the mess. Our Hunter gathered food, which we cooked by spearing it on a stick and throwing it into the fire. No idea how we made fire, but we managed to make fire. To add flavor, we used pine trees' needles. Needless to say that we were starved when we arrived. We get something to eat at the local inn (something that ISN'T a crossbow bolt, luckily).
We then get to the "ruined tower of this long-dead wizard guy" ("of doom")("DOOOOOOOOOOOOM"). We get ambushed by six orcs, something we should be able to handle, no? Wrong. First round, one of our guys falls into the near-frozen lake, another manages to stab a tree with a self-made wooden spear, I throw a dagger at another player by accident, and the Hobo charges them with his rapier. Our mage literally EXPLODE an orc. (rolled critical on a spell, manages to do 2D20's worth of damage).
At this moment, our Master is dying with laughter, and we stop the session before anyone of us kills himself by accident.

Next session, we all fail that hard that we manage to blow ourselves up, kill one another or simply get sliced apart by orcs.
...You're arguing with the GM? Why don't you argue with Jesus about how much Peter liked clams?
Because each player's delicious tears are fuel for the continued torture that is the Warrens of Oric the Awesome.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
Re: Pen and Paper RP sessions: Stories of General Awesomeness
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2013, 09:46:34 am »

I appreciated the post.
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur