Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Tacticus Rules  (Read 4421 times)

Fenrir

Re: Tacticus Rules
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2007, 09:15:00 pm »

It doesn't seem to be like Nomic, as there is no process of creating, amending, and repealing rules, people just seem to pull rules out of nowhere in order to achieve nothing, after which those arbitrary 'rules' are forgotten.

Gulfd'An

« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2007, 09:17:00 pm »

not entirely i saw multiple references to past rules so some seem to stay

Fenrir

« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2007, 09:19:00 pm »

I'll have to play sometime.

Gulfd'An

« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2007, 09:22:00 pm »

i have acomplished a total of 2 moves but i read the hole acount of what hapened and i think i got the hang of it and have a plan for my next 7 moves

ErrorJustin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2007, 09:24:00 pm »

The irony in this topic is great.

Gulfd'An

« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2007, 09:28:00 pm »

is it not? yes the irony of it all! THE IRONY!!!!!!
idk were this is going so well ya ill just post what i have...

MindSnap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2007, 11:39:00 pm »

Silly silly *happy campers*, the game without rules is the next evolution of "game". Only then is everything possible.

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2007, 01:18:00 am »

I see with clamoring for a Tacticus forum, Fenris is trying to catch in on the craze.   Which is very un-Tacticus-like.

Felix the Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2007, 03:42:00 am »

The Complete Rules of Tacticus, New Expanded Abridged Revised Pantshelm Edition, cannot all exist in the same space, or else odd quantum-mechanical effects will result in the removal of all dwarven beards in that space. We wouldn't want that, now would we?

Of course, that doesn't preclude a small amount of informal organization in which to experience the game, such as "unless the Complete Rules of Tacticus, New Expanded Revised Pantshelm Edition, instruct otherwise, the starter of the game is the one who keeps track of what the hell is going on for everyone else's benefit" or "once the starter of the game informs everyone what the hell went on the previous turn or other period of time-space-dwarfdom specified in the Complete Rules of Tacticus, New Expanded Revised Pantshelm Edition, everything else going on prior to that is what the hell is going on the next turn or other period of time-space-dwarfdom".

Of course, as seasoned Tacticus veterans, we know that the former is implied via Enid Butterclasped's Interpretation of rule 107.908.1 Section E, subtitled "Ordering of Events - Game Information - Periods of Required Drinking - The Score and Its Relation to Hoary Marmots", while the latter clearly follows from Appendix D-2 Section 77B, "Time Flows Forward, Unless It Flows Backwards Or Sideways & Considerations on Special Temporal Conditions Both Alcohol-Induced And Not". Sure, there is some debate regarding Enid Butterclasped's Interpretation and its ramifications on interior antman movements - heck, I think we all disagree with her stance that brewing occurs before the second subsidiary non-underground event phase - but her general thoughts seem logically sound.

Blargh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://No...
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2007, 04:13:00 am »

Personally, I believe this explains Tacticus better than most of us could have hoped for. Well done, sir.
quot;Wise men often quote other wise men. The wisest quote themselves."

- Blargh (2007)

Kyselina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2007, 07:53:00 am »

I think we should play this on IRC.
Tun Athelbuket, farmer cancels sleep: Caged.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2007, 12:09:00 pm »

The game of Tacticus has infact a very rigid set of unmutable rules.
The complete unmutable ruleset of Tacticus, is infact identical to the list of all logically and grammatically possible statements, put in an random order and etch statement labeled whit an arbitrary number of arbitrary labeled numbers. In addition, all rules can only be legally referred to if they fit the spirit of Tacticus, this is usually determined by how obscure arcane-sounding they are, their level of awesomeness, and the level of irony and reference's to different works of art they lead to.

By paragraph 98765x127697x12364x987x3 of the Cuddlebrain 1035 rulset; "The winer of a game of Tacticus is the one who have enjoined the game the leas after an arbitrary amount of time", this rule was purposed to make players strive make the other players enjoy the game as mutsh as possible.

quote:
Gaulgath: Armok, God of Blood, decides.

Correct, I do.

So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Gulfd'An

« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2007, 04:57:00 pm »

we should make a oficial game of this mabey a bay12 project or something?
(it would probably just be a forum only comletly tacticus based and called a game)

Fenrir

« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2007, 05:27:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Armok:
<STRONG>The game of Tacticus has infact a very rigid set of unmutable rules.
The complete unmutable ruleset of Tacticus, is infact identical to the list of all logically and grammatically possible statements, put in an random order and etch statement labeled whit an arbitrary number of arbitrary labeled numbers. In addition, all rules can only be legally referred to if they fit the spirit of Tacticus, this is usually determined by how obscure arcane-sounding they are, their level of awesomeness, and the level of irony and reference's to different works of art they lead to.

By paragraph 98765x127697x12364x987x3 of the Cuddlebrain 1035 rulset; "The winer of a game of Tacticus is the one who have enjoined the game the leas after an arbitrary amount of time", this rule was purposed to make players strive make the other players enjoy the game as mutsh as possible.

Correct, I do.</STRONG>

I understand this game now.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2007, 07:00:00 pm »

Just pretend you know what you're doing, occasionally make up rules to suit your goals, have fun, and do not break a previously stated rule withot an explaination of why what you did was legal (for an example, quote some random exception to that rule).

And thats my interpretation/symmary.

Oh, and never say that you created the rule, act like it was already there, and if possible, quote it and give the general area where that rule can (not) be found. This adds to the atmosphere of the game and the enjoyment of all the players.

Eh?
Eh!
Pages: 1 [2] 3