Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 25

Author Topic: [IC] Fallout: Arsenal City  (Read 29073 times)

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
  • Panther of the East Jungle
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] Fallout: Arsenal City
« Reply #120 on: September 04, 2013, 01:23:06 pm »

yes

[3+3+1+20-5=22] Hitting a stationary target at point blank is pretty easy, even with the fog slowly clouding your mind and hampering your senses. You throw the grenade to the door. With a shatter, the vial breaks apart and spills its contents across the metal surface. The acid attempts to eat into the metal, hissing as it does so. Though it seems the chemicals would work best against flesh or wood, for the door seems unimpaired in its duty to keep you in.

Urgghh, ok, keep me awake if you can, feeling tired here

Groggily attempt to hack the computer

[8+2+1-5=6] BZZT, Terminal locked, contact an administrator.

"Oh dear, oh dear!

Try to plug up the vents with anything at hand. Papers, fabric, Michael's jumpsuit, anything!

You take off your jumpsuit and attempt to plug up one of the vents. After a few moments, you decide its pretty well sealed, but there's still the other vent... And you're really starting to feel drowsy.
Quote from: Isaac Asimov
I write for the same reason I breathe — because if I didn't, I would die.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 04, 2013, 01:26:52 pm »

"Oh... bugger..."

Fall over.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 04, 2013, 01:35:29 pm »

Look damn good while I sleep.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 04, 2013, 01:39:53 pm »

Look slightly stupid.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 04, 2013, 01:43:30 pm »

Spoiler: nothing to see here (click to show/hide)

Sleep time.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 02:05:20 pm by scapheap »
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 04, 2013, 05:30:00 pm »

Asshole

Sleep
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 04, 2013, 07:46:19 pm »

"Ah... Well then..."

Just get sit down against a wall and pass out.
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 04, 2013, 08:56:15 pm »

Block other vent with clothing piece, then fall asleep

You start taking off your jumpsuit, but you don't have the strength to stay awake.

Janice gives up on her pounding, and crawls over to the corner. She pulls out her magnum and keeps an eye on the door. "You won't... get me that easily..." she says before drifting off, too weak to stay awake. Daniels, likewise, falls asleep, fighting to the last minute.

Each one of you is woken up by Daniels. He looks pale and distant as he points to the window.

The vault door was open.

Even more disturbing, several bodies lie on the floor, vault citizens all. On the far wall, written in blood, a message dries: Chosen by the apostles of the Parousian, the people weep. The terminal offers nothing new, just the same three lines. The door console bears a new message though. Access granted...

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 04, 2013, 09:37:25 pm »

I don't like this, Is that the outside? I thought it was supposed to be an Irradiated nightmare

Rachelle Looks outside, then averts her eyes to the glare.

Damn its bright out there
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 04, 2013, 10:45:25 pm »

"Eugh... Thanks."

Francis slowly rises, his head cloudy and faintly aching. With a faint glimmer of sardonic amusement, he notices for a brief moment that the feeling wasn't too far from a few of his earlier attempts at liquor. Of course, it took quite a bit of alcohol to do anything near knocking him out, but ignoring that, the effects could almost be one and the same.

He takes a few steps forward shaking his head lightly to rid what weariness remained from his mind. He looks over the room with a slight frown quickly forming at the corners of his mouth. After getting past his apprehension about the corpses before him, he thought for a moment on the bloody message scribbled across the wall.

Parousian? Doesn't sound like english... Maybe someone dug out some old world book, saw that word in there and thought it sounded neat... Or it could be gibberish and I'm overthinking it.

I don't like this, Is that the outside? I thought it was supposed to be an Irradiated nightmare

Francis glances at Rachelle, smirking slightly.

"Hah, remind me who you heard that from? If it's who I'm assuming it is- and really, how could it not - I think it's fair to assume that he'd been lying about plenty of things regarding the outside.
He did want to keep us following after his orders, after all, and what better way than to convince us that the outside's a good way to get yourself an early death..."

Francis sighs as he starts to look over the bodies for anything useful, especially a gun. While he'd rather not get this close to a corpse, he figured it'd be better to face the unknown armed.
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 05, 2013, 01:27:20 am »

Entering the next room, the group gets a better look at the carnage. Five vault dwellers, all dissidents, lie dead before you, two wearing armour. Two have been disemboweled with blades, two others have multiple bullet wounds, and the fifth has been decapitated. Three batons are scattered on the floor.

Janice immediately falls to her hands and knees and begins vomiting. The shock, the smell... it was all too much for her. She had never seen such a visceral display of violence in her life. "Oh my god..." She slowly picks herself up. "No... no... nononononono!" she yells as she pulls out her magnum and runs into the vault.

Daniels is less active. He doesn't vomit, he hardly even reacts. He just stands there, leaning against the wall, staring out the vault door. The recruit doesn't leave the adjacent room. Wracked with terror, he's huddled in the corner, weeping unintelligibly.

((Ok, trying my best at roleplaying.))

Mutter to myself:

Hmmm... I wonder how they killed these guys...
Inspect bodies for types of weapon damage.

Hmmph. This could be dangerous, couldn't it be? We don't want to be killed. That girl, she can make us good weapons. What was her name? Rax- Rak... Whatever.   
Loot bodies for weapon parts (and other useful stuff), give them to Rachelle and ask her to fix them.

How many bombs do I have on my person? We need to take stock of my stuff and make some more of 'em.
Take stock of my inventory (not only weapons) and make more bombs.

As you start looting the bodies, someone speaks up.

"What... in God's name do you think you're doing?" Daniels' voice is is a quiet rumble of anger. His gun is pointed at you, still as ever.

"Unless you intend to bury these poor souls, I suggest you get the fuck away from them."

Unfortunately, there is no workbench to craft bombs on!

((We'll get to inventories in a sec.))

"Eugh... Thanks."

He takes a few steps forward shaking his head lightly to rid what weariness remained from his mind. He looks over the room with a slight frown quickly forming at the corners of his mouth. After getting past his apprehension about the corpses before him, he thought for a moment on the bloody message scribbled across the wall.

Parousian? Doesn't sound like english... Maybe someone dug out some old world book, saw that word in there and thought it sounded neat... Or it could be gibberish and I'm overthinking it.

Francis glances at Rachelle, smirking slightly.

Francis sighs as he starts to look over the bodies for anything useful, especially a gun. While he'd rather not get this close to a corpse, he figured it'd be better to face the unknown armed.

There are no guns in the area. Only batons. There are plenty of scattered shells, though. But... 10mm pistols don't expend casings.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 05, 2013, 01:49:59 am »

Clair look at the bodies. She seem strangely calm as she open a side room and closes it behind her.

Ah, there the screaming and the banging.

After a minute, she come back out, calm again. Too calm. "So, what happened here?" her voice held a chilly edge.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 05, 2013, 05:59:15 am »

Sam leans against the wall watching quietly and scanning the room for anything important.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 05, 2013, 07:06:06 am »

"Dear God... Who could have done something like this?

Michael stared at the corpses. He knew some of them. Something hurt inside his chest. He looked at Simegathree and frowned deeply. He walked over and grabbed his arm lightly, stopping him from searching the bodies. Michael felt disgust recoil inside him at the sight of the scientist searching through the bodies of the vault dwellers they lived aside like it was nothing at all.

"We can't bury them in a vault. We can find the supplies deeper inside the vault, it's disrespectful otherwise. Let's just... cover them up or something."
Cover the bodies with sheets, and close their eyes. Try to find Janice.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 07:28:34 am by Fniff »

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 05, 2013, 05:46:31 pm »

((Sorry for some reason I thought it was the outside door that was open))

What happened here, this is senseless, did the overseer decide to kill the dissidents? But if so, why spare us?

Rachelle was stunned, the only reason she did not fall over was that she was leaning against a wall.

This is too much, all this senseless death, the vault was supposed to protect us from thing like this.

Rachelle started to retch, only to find that her stomach was empty.

Oh goodness, now I can only think of food, am I a bad person?

Check the passages on the other side of the room
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 25