Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 25

Author Topic: [IC] Fallout: Arsenal City  (Read 28982 times)

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] Fallout: Arsenal City
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2013, 12:14:50 am »

Hey kid, that ... I'm gonna have to take a look at it, do you mind?

Take a closer look at the kid's pipboy
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
  • Panther of the East Jungle
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2013, 12:38:03 am »

Call them all, gather before mentioned supplies. Whack Daniels upside the head.

" I'm getting a very bad feeling about all this. If it helps then consider it practice in case something really does happen. Now do as your told. Every guard meets me at the armory. If I'm wrong you've all got a work out, if I'm right then you can thank me for saving your lazy ass later."

"Ack! Alright, alright, it's one of your 'feelings'... jeez." he moves to the back and follows along.

((I thought you were going to the atrium? Do you want to head back to the armoury?))

Hey kid, that ... I'm gonna have to take a look at it, do you mind?

Take a closer look at the kid's pipboy

[3+1+1+10=15] You examine the device and quickly find out that there is an alert in the top corner of the screen. It says 'Rt-101.9'. At first, you're not sure what that report means... but then it hits you. 'Rt' is the alert for radio transmissions. An odd reading. There's only one radio station in the vault. It must be an error.
Quote from: Isaac Asimov
I write for the same reason I breathe — because if I didn't, I would die.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2013, 12:39:29 am »

(( We were going to the armory first to empty all of the armor, guns and ammo into bags that me and the guards will keep with us. Then me and my army going to the atrium. Or did that happen and just not get mentioned?

In which case sorry, my mistake.))
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 12:50:41 am by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2013, 12:41:46 am »

Huh.?

Check that frequency anyway, just in case

((This kids dad so has a contact outside the vault))
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2013, 12:51:13 am »

(( We were going to the armory first to empty all of the armor, guns and ammo into bags that me and the guards will keep with us. Then me and my army going to the atrium. ))

You make your way to the armoury first, and meet up with the off-duty officers. You order them all to start gathering all the guns and supplies.

"We starting a militia, captain?" one of the officers jokes.

"The radroaches are getting to wily, we need reinforcements," another responds, causing a few of the others to chuckle. They don't seem to be taking this as seriously as you are.

Huh.?

Check that frequency anyway, just in case

((This kids dad so has a contact outside the vault))

You switch from the vault channel to this 101.9. It's mostly static, but you can baerly perceive...

[18+1+1=20] "Get... -rous and... really... zrrt-scary people... here's--" The frequency cuts out. It was a man... Maybe an old transmission form some military base set on repeat?

"Whoa, cool! Is that coming from outside?!" the boy asks, a spark of excitement in his eyes.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2013, 12:53:47 am »

Her curiosty piqued she spoke to the boy I think it may be, lemme silence the warning on your pip boy, then I'l see If i cant get some equipment together to strengthen that signal

Help the kid, then try to get some other gear to clear up the signal

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2013, 12:54:45 am »

Wait patiently then join my gathered army at the Atrium once the supplies are all gathered.

" One day you lot will learn to trust my bad feelings, assuming you do as I say and live long enough to try kissing my ass when I'm right. NOW MOVE!!!! "
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2013, 01:12:44 am »

((Blarg. I need to post faster. x_x))

Pocket the caps and take a look at the note.
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2013, 01:20:29 am »

Her curiosty piqued she spoke to the boy I think it may be, lemme silence the warning on your pip boy, then I'l see If i cant get some equipment together to strengthen that signal

Help the kid, then try to get some other gear to clear up the signal

You disable the 'new signal' notification and get to work to amplify the signal, in the case it should reappear.

[16+2+1=19] You find the modifications that Brian's dad added to the pipboy... well, one of them, at least. With some jerry-rigging, he was able to amplify the receiver's strength many times over. It is a good effort, but you can improve on his designs. After about thirty minutes of tinkering, you are able to detect the signal once more. Brian's been standing at the edge of your table eagerly, waiting to hear the strange man's voice. But when you turn on the radio something else plays.

After the song ends, the voice from before returns. "It isn't every day that you come upon a-- ZRRT" A little trail of smoke rises from the pipboy's receiver as the signal dies.

Wait patiently then join my gathered army at the Atrium once the supplies are all gathered.

" One day you lot will learn to trust my bad feelings, assuming you do as I say and live long enough to try kissing my ass when I'm right. NOW MOVE!!!! "

"Yessir!" some of the men reply as they haul the equipment to the atrium.

Once there, you find some of the vault-goers are already gathered here. Most look up when the unit enters. Concern crosses their faces when they see you're lugging the entirety of the armoury around.

"What should we do with the equipment, captain?" an officer asks.

"Hey, what's going on?" a man asks.

"What the hell is all this?" a woman asks after. People begin to gather around your officers.

((Blarg. I need to post faster. x_x))

Pocket the caps and take a look at the note.

'Keep the change, you're gonna need it. ~A.Z.'

You're not sure who A.Z. is. No one that comes by here has those initials...

((I'm so glad someone picked up The 313 Eye.))

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2013, 01:26:02 am »

Sorry about that kid
Fix his receiver, but not enough to pick up outside signals, then try to figure out what a zrrt is

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2013, 01:37:23 am »

" Nothing to worry about for now, this lot needed a work out and the gear needs to be checked over to make sure it's still in full working order after the meeting.

So I decided to have them carry it around for a while, as for why there all here. Something about this doesn't feel right, it's probably nothing but better safe then sorry. I hope I'm wrong but if not then we'll keep you all safe.
"

Reassure the crowd then pick the hottest single woman in the crowd and flirt with her trying to get her to join me in the room next door alone for some " training ".

" Keep it nearby. "

« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 01:49:36 am by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2013, 02:09:41 am »

Sorry about that kid
Fix his receiver, but not enough to pick up outside signals, then try to figure out what a zrrt is

((Not sure if making fun of me or misunderstanding. 'ZRRT' was just a malfunction sound effect. Probably shouldn't have lumped it in with the text.))

The boy grabs his fixed pipboy and runs off, no doubt to tell all his friends about what he had heard.

" Nothing to worry about for now, this lot needed a work out and the gear needs to be checked over to make sure it's still in full working order after the meeting.

So I decided to have them carry it around for a while, as for why there all here. Something about this doesn't feel right, it's probably nothing but better safe then sorry. I hope I'm wrong but if not then we'll keep you all safe.
"

Reassure the crowd then pick the hottest single woman in the crowd and flirt with her trying to get her to join me in the room next door alone for some " training ".

" Keep it nearby. "

The crowd seems dubious, but has no choice but to trust you.

There are several potential targets in the room. With your natural charisma with the ladies you've already conquered several of those in the room. The most attractive woman here is Sylvia. She's about an eight to nine, you'd say. You approach her and do your thing...

[10+1+3+3-1=16] She's a tough nut to crack, but they all come over to your side eventually... Before you're able to lead her into the next room one of your officers grabs you by the arm.

"Really, captain? While on duty?" Andy has always been able to read you like a book.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2013, 02:12:36 am »

((Oh yeah i thougth it was someone saying zrrt as in an acronym))

Sigh a little, then work on making a few more energy cells for my laser pistol (anyone who calls it layzer or lazer is getting shot with it btw) Rachele normally does something with energy weapons on slow days

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2013, 02:22:24 am »

Go and talk to him, daily chatting can help almost any mental condition.

(Not as a doc, just a friendly chat)
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2013, 02:53:37 am »

((Oh yeah i thougth it was someone saying zrrt as in an acronym))

Sigh a little, then work on making a few more energy cells for my laser pistol (anyone who calls it layzer or lazer is getting shot with it btw) Rachele normally does something with energy weapons on slow days

Homemade energy cells aren't reliable, but they're relatively easy to make, given the right tools...

After you make about a dozen, a man walks into the bay.

"Hey Rachelle! You got a minute to look at this?" Aaron. He's always wanted to be an engineer, but the overseer assigned him to the kitchen. That hasn't stopped him from creating useless devices. He presents you with a lump of metal. Well, more than just scrap, it looks like some kind of device. It looks like it has a pipboy screen, and several parts from unfortunate devices Aaron has destroyed.

"Can you guess what it is?"

[7+1+3=11] You have no idea what it could be...

Go and talk to him, daily chatting can help almost any mental condition.

(Not as a doc, just a friendly chat)

Your arrival startles the man. He's always been shaky.

"Oh. Hey Ms. Keter. You grabbing a bite to eat before the announcement?" he asks in a morose tone.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 25