Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 25

Author Topic: [IC] Fallout: Arsenal City  (Read 29007 times)

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
  • Panther of the East Jungle
    • View Profile
[IC] Fallout: Arsenal City
« on: August 21, 2013, 10:40:21 pm »

War. War never changes.

The capacity for humankind to murder has, throughout history, expanded and multiplied to a scale unprecedented and extraordinary. Starting with clubs and bows, then muskets and cannons. Guns. Bombs. When nuclear fire swept across the world in 2077, men and women wept underground in large vaults, telling themselves this would be the end of violence.

But war never changes.

When the vaults reopened and the people began to start life anew, they learned that violence would always have a place by man’s side. Tribes would fight over territory, and old organizations would tear the land apart in the name of old gods and philosophies. Centuries old conflicts live on as humanity’s wounds fester. The world hasn’t ended, and war lives on.

And here, in Arsenal City, a city built up on the foundation of war, it is no different. Technology cultists and raiders unearth destructive weapons in the ruins of the 313, and turn them on each other to devastating effect.

But for those sealed underground, peace still exists. Here in Vault 58A, you have lived all your life ignorant of the battles raging above your head. But even the earth cannot protect you now.

Today was the day. A big announcement from the overseer, delivered through Adam Morris, the other vault's overseer who lives here, in vault A. Why they kept on with the silly idea of having one man oversee from the wrong vault is beyond you. That's just how it's always been. Sometimes it seems like your vault got the shit end of the stick. Your overseer, Ramsey Florent, in odd, in pleasant terms, and fucking crazy under most definitions of the word. Just like all his predecessors, the man had strange notions of what it means to rule. Severe in punishment and a stickler for rules some times, and lenient the next, you sometimes may feel it would be best to cut all connections with vault B and carry on without them and their odd ways.

But it's not your place to decide. It's your place to be in the atrium at six o' clock. But that time hasn't come yet, so now you must wait and pass the time. How will you go about this?
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 05:15:40 pm by Silcugar »
Quote from: Isaac Asimov
I write for the same reason I breathe — because if I didn't, I would die.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] Fallout: Arsenal City
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2013, 10:43:57 pm »

Tinker with my personal laser pistol
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2013, 10:45:22 pm »

((PTW.))

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2013, 10:48:49 pm »

SHit. Sorry PTW

Check both threads before posting shit

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2013, 11:26:49 pm »

Do an inventory of the armory, and the hot single girls in the vault. Also check the roster of how many guards I have.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2013, 03:17:52 am »

Have my dinner early.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2013, 07:11:51 am »

Read a book until the time is nearing, then head to the Atrium.

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2013, 01:17:32 pm »

Do an inventory of the bar, wrap up anything else that may need wrap-upage and other such things.
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2013, 03:16:16 pm »

Tinker with my personal laser pistol

She's a beaut, that's for sure! Not many citizens get to keep their own weapons, especially not something as advanced as a laser pistol. How exactly did you come to own such a fine gun?

Do an inventory of the armory, and the hot single girls in the vault. Also check the roster of how many guards I have.

Looks like everything's where it should be. Twelve extra suits of security armour, 18 10mm pistols, plenty of batons, and a lot of 10mm ammo. Too bad nothing bigger was included in the original plans. No shotguns or rifles. Then again, you've never really needed anything bigger.

As for hot single ladies... well, there's Agatha Wilson. She's about a nine, but annoying as hell. Meryll Japes and Darla Clain are both eights. There's Mary Bloom. She's a solid ten, but is nigh unconquerable. She always plays hard to get.

You currently have 35 security officers. A bit overstaffed, but that's what the overseer behind the door called for.

Have my dinner early.

You head down to the kitchen to grab a bite to eat. Not many people are here at this time, so you head straight to the counter.

"Hello there, Ms. Clair. What will you have today?" the Mister Handy behind the counter asks you. People have come to call him Barby, for whatever reason.

Read a book until the time is nearing, then head to the Atrium.

You occupy your time with a good book for a time, until a knock comes at your door. There's an intercom system built in, but some folk insist on knocking anyway.

Do an inventory of the bar, wrap up anything else that may need wrap-upage and other such things.

You start to wrap things up in preparation to leave for the announcement, but something catches your eye...

Someone left a note on the bar. Several bottlecaps are stacked neatly beside the note.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2013, 03:20:50 pm »

"Chicken(or whatever the = is, radroach?) pie, please."
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2013, 03:55:56 pm »

Michael jumps slightly, lying in his bed. He reaches away from his book and up the wall, and presses the "transmitting" button on the intercom. "Door's open! Come in."

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2013, 06:42:43 pm »

I put it together with pieces that were in the vault-not being used, and a somewhat outdated manual
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2013, 07:03:06 pm »

Gather up all my security forces then go to the armory, place all the armor, guns and ammo into bags then me and the guards will carry it all with us and stand guard over the room the meeting will take place in.

Finished gathering up the supplies he takes the guards to the meeting area talking quickly.

" This ain't right something is going to happen I can feel it, stay close to me and watch each others backs if anything goes down first priority is protecting ourselves. We can't help anybody if we get ourselves killed. "
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 11:30:31 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2013, 12:04:21 am »

"Chicken(or whatever the = is, radroach?) pie, please."

"Ah, yes. The "chicken" pie..." Barby says as he swivels around to send your order to the back. As you turn to sake a seat at one of the booths, you notice one of your patients, Albert Sanchez, seated in the corner. You looks in a bad way. You've diagnosed him with manic depression with minor psychosis.

Michael jumps slightly, lying in his bed. He reaches away from his book and up the wall, and presses the "transmitting" button on the intercom. "Door's open! Come in."

The door opens to reveal a teenage girl. It's Janice Orren, one of your patients. She's carrying a present, a green box tied up in a blue ribbon. Her slightly annoyed expression is one you're familiar with. She always seems to be annoyed with something.

"Doc Moursey isn't at his place, can you give this to him?" she says as she presents the gift. She always gives the old doctor a present on her birthday. Morsey once told you it was because Janice was on the verge of death when she was born, an early baby, and the doctor was just barely able to save her. So Janice's mother has her give a gift to him every year.

I put it together with pieces that were in the vault-not being used, and a somewhat outdated manual

Still, it's an impressive piece of work! Many others have asked you to make one for them, but security had to put a stop to that. They let you keep your original, though, and that's what matters.

Someone enters the engineering room. A youngster, Brian, you think his name is. He got assigned a job just recently, and earned a pipboy along with the station. He inherited his model from his late father, who heavily modified the thing. It's given him no end of trouble; he's constantly coming back for assistance. He approaches you once more, extending his arm.

"My stupid pipboy won't stop making this annoying beeping sound!" Just then, the device chirps. "See, like that! What is it doing?"

Your time in engineering has taught you a lot about pipboys, but you've never heard one make a sound like that. Maybe a manual, or closer inspection will help you divine the cause...

Gather up all my security forces then go to the armory, place all the armor, guns and ammo into bags then me and the guards will carry it all with us and stand guard over the room the meeting will take place in.

Finished gathering up the supplies he takes the guards to the meeting area talking quickly.

" This ain't right something is going to happen I can feel it, stay close to me and watch each others backs if anything goes down first priority is protecting ourselves. We can't help anybody if we get ourselves killed. "

Twelve of your officers are off duty at the moment, do you want to call them up?

On the way to the atrium, one of your officer catches up with you.

"Whoa, boss, calm down! What do you think is going to happen? I've barely even used my gun in all these years." It's Officer Daniels. He's a good cop, as far as you're concerned, if a bit lax.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2013, 12:08:06 am »

Call them all, gather before mentioned supplies. Whack Daniels upside the head.

" I'm getting a very bad feeling about all this. If it helps then consider it practice in case something really does happen. Now do as your told. Every guard meets me at the armory. If I'm wrong you've all got a work out, if I'm right then you can thank me for saving your lazy ass later."
Caine's law.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 25