Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 25

Author Topic: [IC] Fallout: Arsenal City  (Read 29014 times)

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
  • Panther of the East Jungle
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] Fallout: Arsenal City
« Reply #90 on: August 31, 2013, 03:00:47 am »

And so, each vault citizen made their choice. A good amount of them collected their red token, but the rest disregarded it entirely. But how long would this rebellious attitude stay in the minds of the populous? After all, a life of servitude leaves marks on one's mind, marks not easily erased.

Dram composes himself and leaves, heading straight for his office. Many guards follow him. Over half. Maybe even 75%. The rest stand still, bewildered by the events that unfolded in front of them. Sam would notice that several of the more weak-willed vault citizens took a token, along with some die hard loyalists, or people in positions of power. As for the dissidents, well mostly the rough types. Past criminals, thugs, rebels. A healthy amount were people given the more dull, tedious, or dirty jobs. Most likely looking for something more. And, of course, those with weapons stood firmly on Sam's side. But for how long?

Look around for the doctor who I'm meant to deliver to.

Doc Moursey isn't hard to find when the crowd thins out. He looks pale, disturbed. He looks down at the present in your arms, a blank look on his face.

"Oh, this is from Janice, yes? Thank you..." he says half-heatedly as he takes the gift. When he speak again, his voice comes down to a whisper. "Listen, Micheal... This is the beginning of the end of our old lives. You've been like a son to me, working with me all these years. I need you to do something for me." The look on his face is dire, pleading. "Keep Janice safe, would you? I never married, as you know. You and her... You both mean a lot to me, and I'd hate to see you get mixed up in all this." He looks even worse than when he started talking. "I... have to go... prepare myself for what's coming." And with that, the old doctor walks away without letting you respond.

Three days later, the vault was abuzz with activity. 64 militiamen, including 24 guards, and 620 citizens joined the loyalists and began to protect the door to vault B. In the confusion following the speeches, some of the loyalist took the supplies that were brought to the atrium. All in all, they got away with 12 pistols and 6 sets of armour, along with almost half the ammo.

The dissidents, on the other hand, were 78 in military strength, including the remaining 11 guards, along with 219 citizens supporting them. 104 citizens have taken neither side as of yet.

Which side did our heroes choose?
Quote from: Isaac Asimov
I write for the same reason I breathe — because if I didn't, I would die.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 31, 2013, 03:02:53 am »

Rachelle Chose the dissidents of course, and provided them with laser weaponry that the loyalists don't have access to
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 31, 2013, 04:01:10 am »

Clair chose dissidents, but stills works her craft on both sides. If she is killed, she want the person to be in the right mind.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 31, 2013, 04:31:38 am »

(( Wtf? Over half the population had joined me then suddenly 2/3 of it is on the other side? ))
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 31, 2013, 04:37:00 am »

Sam is a dissident, he takes a bag with 3 pistols, 3 sets of armor, plenty of ammo and as much food and water as will fit then leaves the vault. (( Probably gonna die but just sitting in the vault is getting old already. ))
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 05:44:43 am by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 31, 2013, 04:42:45 am »

(( Wtf? Over half the population had joined me then suddenly 2/3 of it is on the other side? ))

((Over half who had been there to see your speech. Only about two fifths of the vault was in attendance, maybe 380. Also, several dozen people had changes of heart, or were convinced to back down from their positions. Or threatened.))

Sam is a dissident, he takes a bag with 3 pistols, 3 sets of armor, plenty of ammo and as much food and water as will fit then leaves the vault. (( Probably gonna die but just sitting in the vault is getting old already. ))

((Whoa there, soldier, calm down! You cant just incite a revolt and leave the vault. Besides, I thought your character was paranoid about the outside world?))

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 31, 2013, 04:44:40 am »

((Oh yeah were doing this, civil war style, not running away))
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 31, 2013, 05:31:25 am »

(( He is, but going outside seems like the better option. The enemy outnumbers his people 3-1, better to just get out of dodge. Either that or just order a full on attack and hope he wins. Sam hates politics.

Besides my high speech character is pretty much useless in here since the overseer beats me at everything. Outside world is Sams best option unless you'd prefer a massacare.))
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 05:35:54 am by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 31, 2013, 05:36:38 am »

((Well at least let me arm everyone before we leave, oh and leave the door a smoking ruin with no way to secure it again))

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 31, 2013, 05:44:25 am »

(( Pretty much the plan, plus sam doesn't want to be a leader of a civil war he just wanted to ask the people to stand guard not force them. Then he got forced into this. This ain't what Sam had in mind at all. So sam is following that oldest and noblest of pirate traditions ( I watched the full set of movies last night. ) He's running away to fight another day. With the guns. ))

Sam walks around his people asking them all what they think about sending out an expedition to see whats going on in the real world, anybody interested he gathers in one place along with all the spare guns and armor he has left to count it up.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 05:46:03 am by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 31, 2013, 08:55:24 pm »

Keep calm and go about business as usual. Ask around about 'A.Z.', keep it discrete, though.
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 31, 2013, 08:58:20 pm »

Michael joins a group of people who peacefully demonstrate against the civil war, who ask for both sides to stop the war. He keeps in close contact with Janice.

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 01, 2013, 12:59:12 am »

Rachelle Chose the dissidents of course, and provided them with laser weaponry that the loyalists don't have access to

[4+2+3=9] It's been a while since you've constructed such a weapon. In the past three days you were only able to construct two working models.

As you are working on your third, the intercom to the room activates. "Ms. ... uh, Rachelle? The overseer sent me to get you. You're needed in the entrance hall."

Clair chose dissidents, but stills works her craft on both sides. If she is killed, she want the person to be in the right mind.

You just now finish a session with a troubled lad. After he exits, a guard replaces him. You notice a red emblem on his armour. "Ms. Keter? Would you come with me, please?"

(( Pretty much the plan, plus sam doesn't want to be a leader of a civil war he just wanted to ask the people to stand guard not force them. Then he got forced into this. This ain't what Sam had in mind at all. So sam is following that oldest and noblest of pirate traditions ( I watched the full set of movies last night. ) He's running away to fight another day. With the guns. ))

Sam walks around his people asking them all what they think about sending out an expedition to see whats going on in the real world, anybody interested he gathers in one place along with all the spare guns and armor he has left to count it up.

Unfortunately, such an expedition is impossible. You don't know the code to the vault door! Only the overseers and a select few others know the passcode. Besides, the mere mention of leaving the vault terrifies the potential adventurers, no one likes the idea. Just as you are about to give up, Daniels shows up. He wears a red emblem. "I know you're probably pissed with me right now, but I was sent to get you. Dram wants to show you something... The overseer's reason for drafting citizens. He thinks you have a right to know."

Lock myself up in my room with food. Barricade entry with sharp metal sticks.

A knocking comes at the door. "Oi! Simega! You're needed in the vault entrance. Meeting with the overseer."

Keep calm and go about business as usual. Ask around about 'A.Z.', keep it discrete, though.

You ask around for any information on this 'A.Z.' character. Most of your trusted contacts tell you they don't know who that is, some assert there is nobody in the vault with those initials. After you ask around for a bit, you run into a couple loyalist guards.

"Hey, Barton, come with us. Dram wants you in the entrance for some reason."

Michael joins a group of people who peacefully demonstrate against the civil war, who ask for both sides to stop the war. He keeps in close contact with Janice.

During the demonstration, Janice comes looking for you.

"Hey, Michael? I need a favour... I wanted Moursey to come with me, but he said to look for you. I... need you to come with me, to the vault entrance. Some guards told me I'm needed there, but I dunno about it. Seems kinda sketchy," she says with a worried, rather than annoyed, look.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 01, 2013, 01:03:09 am »

Rachelle goes, but armed and with as many dissidents as she can gather

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 01, 2013, 01:18:12 am »

Go with him, leave the most senior of the remaining guards in charge while I'm away.

" I'm not angry at you I'm angry at our resident voice box, I asked for answers and rather then simply explain the reasons for this he almost started a civil war just to save face, while he lied to your faces and banked on the fact that he's a good actor so that you'd ignore me when I told you what he said. "

(( Silcugar can I roll to see if I had any recording device on me? As security it's pretty possible I had something, like maybe my radio feeding back to a computer or a tape recorder or something. ))
Caine's law.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 25