Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 25

Author Topic: [IC] Fallout: Arsenal City  (Read 29009 times)

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] Fallout: Arsenal City
« Reply #75 on: August 27, 2013, 06:13:07 pm »

(( It doesn't, either way your throwing around weapons which is illegal. ))
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
  • Panther of the East Jungle
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 27, 2013, 11:09:34 pm »

" I doubt that'd go very well for you, removing me while I'm arguing on behalf of the population? How long do you think you can hold off 1000 pissed off people?

We can gather them again later, I need to speak with the overseer first and find out whats going on and so do you before this begins a riot. We have never had a riot in this vaults history and I will not allow a fool who's never set foot in here to cause one now.

I can do my job but I refuse to follow this order without being told why it's so important, now shall we get answers? Or are we going to have to see which one of us the people will choose to follow right now?. "

Attempt to sway him again, if he refuses then bang him on the head with my baton to knock him out.

Dram doesn't even try to hide his annoyed look this time. He comes very close to you. "Do you want to play chicken, Sam? Is abusing your power for the sake of your own paranoia and fucking every whore in the vault not good enough for you? Very well, I'll play," he says in a tone more sinister than you'd ever expect from the normally complacent and passive man. He gets up and addresses the crowd.

"People of vault A, I come to you as a concerned citizen, not as an overseer. You have known me all your lives, have I not been fair and honest with you? I have held no secrets, I have held my tongue in times of crisis, to let my colleague, Overseer Florent, do his duty and serve you, I have let imperfections slide. But today is the beginning of a new age. That does not mean we need a radical shift into anarchy or even, must I say, despotism? We will stay on the old, tried and true path, set to us centuries ago. You follow one man, the others follow me. Through the screens of neutrality and text inpassionate my colleague have ruled over our peoples without bias or bribery.

"It has worked for 200 years, why stop now? What could come of following our captain? You, the fine ladies of the vault, who have been used, abused, and tossed aside by this man and his lustful intentions. What do you think?"
A cheer comes from several parts of the room, women neglected and untrusting of such a man.

"Or you, the faithful officers of our security force. Haven't you had enough of this man's paranoia? Would you choose this man to lead you? Could you depend on him?" No cheers come, but no hisses of dissent either. Seems most of the guards are on the fence, or holding their tongues.

"I know these laws seem drastic and jarring, but what of the consequences if what your overseer foresees is true? Invasion? Annihilation? I can't tell you what your overseer sees in the readings, for he doesn't reveal it to me, but if anything can be said about the man, it is that he does not overestimate. He is precise. He is efficient. He always allocates resources in exactly the right way, and always in a timely fashion. He never exaggerates. If he told me there were giant radroaches the size of battleships out there, I'd believe him. If he told me that this man right here was going to betray me, I'd have Sam arrested on the spot. If he told me that we needed soldiers, and we needed them yesterday, I'd do everything in my power to make sure we had an army."

"So I come to you now, as a citizen, a father, a husband. We need to listen to your overseer. If you stray from the path, I assure you there will be nothing but tragedy."

That sure quieted things down. The people yelling and screaming in dissent shut up, a new fear put into their minds. Men and women look at Sam doubtfully, unsure if they should follow him. They heard one side, now they'd hear another...
Quote from: Isaac Asimov
I write for the same reason I breathe — because if I didn't, I would die.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 28, 2013, 12:25:02 am »

Sam just smiles politely and waits for him to finish.

" Most of what he says is true, although what he chooses to leave out is rather telling

Yes I have slept with many of you fine ladies, not the words he used to describe you seconds ago when he confronted me about it, in his words " fucking every whore in the vault " but putting aside the fact that he chooses to degrade you when you can't hear him.

Have I ever ignored one of you? Insulted you? Degraded you? Did I lie to any of you about my intentions? No, each and every one of you knew full well that what we did was for pleasure and for fun and nothing more. Whenever any of you has come to me afterwards have I not been good to you? I have always been here if you needed me, all you have to do is come to me and I will take care of you in any way you need, if you want a friend? I'm here, if you just want somebody to listen? I'm here, if you need to be held or are in need of a little affection, I'm here. I'm always here for anything anybody in this vault needs.

Now moving onto our security forces, this morning I gathered you all and told you I had a feeling something strange was going on, would any of you care to deny that being ordered to draft citizens against there will to make an army is strange? Or that a young man who has never harmed anybody in his life pulling a gun on a friend was strange? My methods may seem odd to you but would any of you care to deny that they have been effective?

Or how about in the past? In the past I have said the same, that I had a bad feeling, that something felt wrong and what has happened every one of those times? I have been proven right.
But let me add some facts, before I took charge crime was fairly common, every week somebody was arrested, guards frequently had to draw weapons and at times were even forced to use them.
Now let us look at the time since I took over, crime has fallen to virtually nothing, the vault has been peaceful and happy and every one of you has felt safe.
I've upheld the rights of every person in this vault and crime has dropped to almost 0, now I know some of you are not fond of me but my results speak for themselves, I do my job and I do it well and today many of you were visibly angry or upset at the orders being given, what else could I do as the man given the duty of keeping you all safe and maintaining the peace we enjoy but question that which worried you?

Now onto the overseer, like my colleague here I have faith in him, he has done a good job and his orders have always be what is best for us. I will not dispute that and it is not why I have argued here. I argued because he has placed no faith in you. I firmly believe that if he had simply had you informed of the potential danger and request volunteers that you would have risen to the challenge and so that is what I intend to do.

I request that 100 of you volunteer for the militia because I believe that you all wish to defend your home as I do, if I am correct then please raise your hands if you are willing to join the militia.
Moving onto the removal of your weapons, those of you with guns have them to defend your families. This militia is being formed for that same purpose. If you have a gun I request you show that same courage you have devoted to the defense of your families and join the militia, you'll be trained to use your weapons and if the time ever comes that you have to use it you will have 100 men and women standing besides you.

If you don't wish to volunteer I will not force you to surrender your weapons but I will request that you loan them the militia when they are needed. They will then be returned to you the moment that need has passed.

To put it simply ladies and gentlemen, I am placing my faith in you to rise to the challenge of your own free will, rather then give you orders and no answers.
"

Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 28, 2013, 01:47:56 am »

"I will join, not for that man over there" (Pointing to the overseer) "But because Sam is RIGHT damn-it, that IS what we have the weapons for, and Sam can train you to use them, but we must always be mindful of the orders given to us, I for one will NEVER put myself in a positoin of "I was ordered to do it" and if I am told to do something that I think is just wrong, then I will decline and face the consequences.  Furthermore I can make a small number of laser pistols with unused components I have, Sam had previously forbidden me to make them, but I do not think he would mind some extra weapons in his arsenal."
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 28, 2013, 01:52:44 am »

Sam sends a slight smirk at the overseer before responding.

" They will be most welcome.

To respond to what you said, I don't stand on formality, if I give an order that you disagree with then I would welcome your opinion.
"
Caine's law.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 28, 2013, 02:18:00 am »

"I won't follow a fool and Sam no fool. Our overseers on the other hand, well, their system is idiotic to begin with, let alone some of the recent 'orders'. In fact, this 'system' feels more like a social experiment then a way to preserve humanity."
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 02:21:39 am by scapheap »
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 28, 2013, 02:30:12 am »

" Uhm thank you, I think.

If I'm not mistaken your one of the best in the vault at hand to hand combat, would you mind training the militia? I can see to it that your compensated for the time you spend training everybody.
"
Caine's law.

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 28, 2013, 02:33:08 am »

Francis silently watches the crowd for a moment, then sighs and decides to make his thoughts on the matter known.

"Well, I'd have to agree with Sam, in all honesty. Though, I can't say I care much for either side," He glances at Sam. "No offense intended. I've just never been a fan of cops. Heh, I'm sure you're a good guy past that, though."

He looks over at the overseer, with a vicious smile.

"On the other hand, I fully intend to offend you. Letting us be controlled by what'shisname over there? Pisspoor job you've done as overseer. Personally, unless you make some changes, I'm not even considering going along with your crap."
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 28, 2013, 02:43:19 am »

Sam shrugs absently and smiles.

" Well I'm not a bad guy.

You see overseer, if you'd ever bothered to get to know these people you would have known, make demands and they resist. However if you ask them as an equal they rise to the challenge. A lesson I hope your taking to heart, I have no interest in your job I like it exactly where I am. I can't speak for some of the others however and as things stand I'm inclined to agree with them.

A man who jumps straight to demands without giving those he leads a choice is not fit to lead. Every man, woman and child in this vault has a voice and I hear what they say. Maybe one day you will as well.
"
Caine's law.

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
  • Panther of the East Jungle
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 29, 2013, 01:24:50 am »

Sam just smiles politely and waits for him to finish.

" Most of what he says is true, although what he chooses to leave out is rather telling

To put it simply ladies and gentlemen, I am placing my faith in you to rise to the challenge of your own free will, rather then give you orders and no answers.
"

[5+1+3+2-1-3+10=17] Your first assertion sets the crowd slightly against you. Saying a man like Dram would call anyone a whore is perceived as nothing less than slander. Moving on from that, the women who felt betrayed by you don't seem any happier about the situation, even after your words. Some short boos and yells can be heard from angry women. Likewise, the guards don't seem to warm up to your words either. They each had their own reasons, but you suspect some of them just plain don't like you.

When you bring up your track record and the vault's crime rate, some nod in agreement, but others yell out in protest. Appearantly, the vault isn't as clean as you think... The crowd seems cold in your presence so far, things aren't looking good.

But when you mention a voluntary draft and embellish the concept with words like 'trust' and 'faith' the crowd warms up markedly. Plenty of people raise their hands when you ask for volunteers. Perhaps not quite one hundred, but a few dozen, at least. A few guarded cheers are heard when you consider the peoples rights and their weapons.

At the end of your speech, you have converted almost half of the people in the room to your side. Further, when a few key members of the audience speak up, that number increases to put you over the halfway mark.

Dram grits his teeth, but holds his tongue as the dissidents talk. When they're through, he takes the stand once more.

"Very well, citizens of the vault. I am not your overseer, but I speak for him. I will report to him of this... development. You yearn for answers? You shall have them. In time. For now, take one of these tokens if you are still loyal to your overseer, your benefactor, your leader. We shall split the defense of the vault in two. Loyalists will guard the door to vault B, while... Dissidents will guard the vault entrance. Does that suit your needs, captain?" He gestures to a nearby crate for the audience to see. It holds red chips to identify members of the militia.
Quote from: Isaac Asimov
I write for the same reason I breathe — because if I didn't, I would die.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 29, 2013, 01:57:02 am »

Rachelle leaves, if she passes by the tokens she spits in the box while doing so
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 29, 2013, 09:25:07 am »

Leon smiles and speaks loudly enough for everybody to hear.

" We are not dissidents, we are just as loyal as you are, we're carrying out the same orders as you are the only differece is that those with me do it willingly and those with you are forced.
Would you all rather be told how to spend your life? Or given the choice for how to do it yourselves? It appears most of you like me believe you should have control over your own life. But we will guard the door.

The rest of you are more then welcome to join us when you get tired of living in fear of a man you've never met and told what to do with your life.

If you know of any ongoing crime then by all means report it and it will be taken care of, we can't fix a problem if you won't tell us there is one."
"

Try again to convince the last of them to join us then agree.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 11:30:30 am by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 29, 2013, 09:57:25 am »

Leave
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 29, 2013, 08:38:11 pm »

Head on back to the bar.
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 30, 2013, 07:18:31 am »

Look around for the doctor who I'm meant to deliver to.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 25