Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 25

Author Topic: [IC] Fallout: Arsenal City  (Read 29002 times)

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
  • Panther of the East Jungle
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] Fallout: Arsenal City
« Reply #285 on: October 07, 2013, 03:36:01 pm »

GUARD POST
Janice is on the roof, and therefore unable to follow Sam. However, Daniels is able and willing to tag along.

As Sam, Clair, and Daniels move to inspect the girl, Witt calls out to them. "You dumb bastards! You're supposed to follow orders!" Still, the group walks down the road. When they reach the girl, she looks up to them, wiping the tears from her eyes. She looks even more pathetic up close. Scars and dirt crowd her features, and a missing ear makes her seem even more destitute. She looks at you with fear in her eyes. When Clair attempts to pull her off the road, the grabs onto her arm and whispers something to her. "I'm sorry." With that, she uses her free hand to pull a rusty blade from her rags and stabs Clair in the foot.

Clair's cry of pain signals the attack. Several wastelanders, wearing spiky metal armour and screaming bloody murder, charge out from among the trees.  Four of them, wielding bats and crowbars, surround Clair, Daniels, and Sam. "You're gonna get right fucked!" the one in the tribal headdress taunts. You have seconds to react before they charge you.

Meanwhile, seven others, five wielding melee weapons, one wielding a pistol, and one with a rifle, charge the guard post. Hobbes freezes at the sight of the attackers, but Janice is more willing to fight. "Kill them all!" Witt commands as she begins shooting at the attackers with her rifle. The two ghouls down with Hobbes begin to fire at the raiders as they close in.

OUTSIDE GHOST TOWN
Simega gets to scrapping the car. You get about two scrap metals worth of material, before you are interrupted.

"Look what we got here, fellas. Some asshole out on his own. Hey, kid, didn't your momma warn you about fucking around in the wasteland alone?" You turn to face three men, all wearing dusters with chains hanging from their waists. The man who spoke is holding a rifle casually, while the two behind him are aiming their pistols at you. "Drop all your weapons, friend. You're coming with us."
Quote from: Isaac Asimov
I write for the same reason I breathe — because if I didn't, I would die.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: October 07, 2013, 07:51:07 pm »

((I'm still working on the laser turret right?))
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: October 07, 2013, 08:00:05 pm »

Sam takes a deep breath to slow his heart then squeezes the trigger.

Shoot the one who spoke in the throat above his armor.

" Daniels, deep breath then squeeze the trigger. Keep your eyes on the target and aim above his armor. "

As he aims he speaks out of the corner of his mouth to the girl so nobody else hears.

" Unless you want to be a slave for the rest of your life girl then once they close in you use that knife and start cutting there hamstrings, I promise you once we deal with them I'll take care of you, you can be safe and happy again. Help us and I'll make it happen for you I swear it. I don't want to see any more good people killed by these animals.You'll never have to be scared or hurt by them again."
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 04:54:51 am by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: October 07, 2013, 11:10:10 pm »

((I'm still working on the laser turret right?))

((Yes, you're there at the guard post. Which is being attacked.))

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: October 08, 2013, 04:46:31 am »

Clair hops "Really? That the signal they using?"

Only my foot is hurt, leg sweep them when in range. My ducking to sweep should protect me from their attacks
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: October 08, 2013, 05:20:26 am »

Should I shoot back, or keep working?
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: October 08, 2013, 05:48:43 am »

(( I don't think Born to Raid is gonna help you here mate, these guys ain't normal bandits. ))
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: October 08, 2013, 06:17:58 am »

Francis wordlessly starts firing upon the raiders, his scowling face evidence of his silent anger and determination.
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: October 11, 2013, 12:53:56 am »

NORTH OF THE GUARD POST
[4+2+3+2-1=10] Sam's bullet deflects off of the raider's headdress. The raider spins around dramatically for effect, before laughing hysterically. Unfortunately, the chaos of the battle interferes with your message to the girl, who crawls to the side of the road. Daniels tries his luck, aiming for the leader. Unfortunately, his shot doesn't even come close to hitting the raider. This bolsters his morale, as he charges Sam. He swings his crowbar into Sam's head, cracking the visor on his helmet and sending Sam into a world of hurt.

[10+3+2=15] Clair's sweeping kick proves to be more effective. Three of the four raiders go after the person without the gun, but that logic backfires as they're all knocked prone by the kick.

GUARD POST
[8+1+3+2=14] Francis fires at the invading lunatics, getting one wielding a bat in the leg. Janice fires once with her magnum, but is unprepared for the kick. The shot misses as the gun tumbles to the floor. Witt proves to be more competent, killing one of the raiders by shooting him in the head. The raider with the rifle starts shooting at Witt, but misses.

Gaze ((who has been offline for several days)) attempts to shoot one of the raiders, and fails.

Down in the guard post proper, the two ghouls are the only ones keeping the raiders out of the town. Hobbes ran away in a panic, leaving Rachelle as the lone vault dweller defending on the ground. Rachelle turn to ask Morgue what she should do, but she finds that Morgue got the fuck out as soon as he could. The guard post is almost breached. Your fight or flight instinct should be kicking in soon.

OUTSIDE GHOST TOWN
You feel with two pistols on you, using a smoke grenade would be nigh suicidal, so you go with sweet talk. You attempt to get on their level, but they seem unamused. "What, you think we're raiders or something? That's a good one. We're with the Chain, mate. Now, the weapons?" Seeing no other alternative, you take out one of your acid grenades and pretend to hand it over, only to set it off in the leaders face. His look of confusion turns more into a look of acidface as he grasps his head in pain. "AAAGH! Fuckfuckfuck! Kill this bitch!" But by the time the two others recover from the blast, you're already on your way sprinting back to town. They fire a few shots as they chase you, but none of them connect.

You make it back to the southern guard post looking for safety, but you find that there's no one on guard! You can hear screaming coming from inside the town...

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: October 11, 2013, 03:38:06 am »

Take cover, open fire with laser pistol

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: October 11, 2013, 03:54:40 am »

Dodge and run for the guard post, if they follow shoot them in the leg, draw my baton as well to defend myself if they get in melee again.

(( Well looks like I'm about to die :). ))
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 04:01:48 am by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: October 12, 2013, 02:09:18 am »

Fire on the raider with the rifle, and if possible any other raiders armed with guns.

((I'll be back to longer posts when the fighting's over and such. I just dunno how to really write much more for this.))
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: October 12, 2013, 01:39:57 pm »

Jump on and punch the daylights out of a prone bandit.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: October 12, 2013, 11:33:37 pm »

"Goddamn dumbass vault kiddies..."

Gaze wasn't enjoying this. He felt a headache coming on. He'd been out of it for a moment there, off in his own little stupid world, or else he would've just popped the collared woman and made this bullshit a whole lot simpler.
Now, as it was, the vault dwellers were down there getting slaughtered. Much as he didn't really know them, it wasn't a pleasant sight. He weighed his options as he yanked back the bolt of his rifle, then grimaced. He needed to clear his head.

>Duck down into cover, take out my jet and shoot up real quick. Savour the high for a moment, think things over, then pop back up and take aim at the leader of the attackers. Try to get a kill shot on him.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: October 17, 2013, 01:43:03 am »

NORTH OF THE GUARD POST
Sam abandoned his ally! [17+2+2=21] Sam dodges the raider's next attack and bolts for the guard post. "You can't get away from this, you little fuck!" the lead raider says as he chases Sam down and tackles him to the ground. Now on top of Sam, he begins to smash his crowbar repeatedly into Sam's helmet, which dazes Sam, but does little real damage. At least, little damage so far. Daniel tries once again to shoot the bandit attacking Sam, but misses both of the shots he fires.

[18+3+1=22] Clair jumps onto the closest raider and begins to beat the shit out of him. The bandit in question can't stop laughing as he's being beaten, but eventually shuts up when he falls unconscious, his face a bloody mess. Just before she is able to move onto the next raider, a baseball bat nails her in the side of the head, knocking her back to the ground. The two raiders that were once knocked down converge on Clair, kicking her while she's prone.

GUARD POST
[10+1+3+2=16] Francis fires at thew rifle wielding raider twice, getting him in the shoulder and the leg. Witt follows up with this attack by shooting the same raider in the neck, killing him. Janice grabs her gun and tries once more to shoot the invaders, but misses. At least she keeps her gun this time.

Gaze takes a moment to inhale some jet. His muscles tense up and his pupils dilate as the drug courses through his system. He pops back up and looks for the leader. As far as he knew, the leader was the most well armed person, but that raider was already dead. So instead, he targets the raider with the pistol. [3+3+3=9][10+3+3=16] The first shot misses the raider by a hair, but the second one gets him in the chest, knocking him down. He stops moving.

[19+1+3=CRIT] Below the three of them, Rachelle begins shooting at the invading raiders. She waits for just the right time to fire, shooting one of the raiders in the head. It's a spectacular shot, disintegrating the bastard's head into dust! This might cause pause in some folk, but these raiders are relentless. Two of them jump over the defenses and swarm one of the ghouls, and the other knocks the second ghoul off his feet and begins bashing him with his hammer.

GHOST TOWN
[19+3+3+5=30] Hopefully clear of the slavers, Simega sneaks into town. And what a sneaky bastard he is. He takes the back alleys and stays out of sight, but follows the noise. Peeking out from the darkness, he finds that there are several other men with guns and chains in the town, dragging ghouls out of their homes. Several dead ghouls lie in the streets. Apparently there's no one here to protect them.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 25