Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 25

Author Topic: [IC] Fallout: Arsenal City  (Read 29015 times)

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] Fallout: Arsenal City
« Reply #255 on: September 27, 2013, 01:43:14 am »

Yeah I did a tinge of pride colouring her voice I needed something to do when I was not fixing things only an infant could break. You know, security had to stop me making them for others
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: September 27, 2013, 01:49:46 am »

Oh shit, not the waterworks.
Gaze shifted somewhat uncomfortably in his seat, and shot Francis a surreptitious glance with a helpless 'can't you fix this?' kind of expression.
"Aw--" He began, then stopped himself. He decided to just pretend not to notice Janice's distress- an apology would most likely just piss the girl off. He settled back in his chair instead, casting an idle glance around the room before returning his attention to Francis.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: September 27, 2013, 04:25:33 am »

"AC? Air conditioning? They still have that in this?" She waves at the wasteland.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: September 27, 2013, 05:56:13 am »

"Vodka, I think I heard about that in an old record. That and whatever you've got with meat in it.

Sorry, long day.
"
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: September 27, 2013, 05:14:10 pm »

Francis frowns, glancing back at Gaze for a moment, before turning to Janice.

"I know the situation seems... bleak, to put it lightly, but believe me, we will bring those 'clerics' or whatever it is they call themselves down. Believe me when I say that. I mean, hell, I knew so many of the victims just from my work... And seeing them hit me pretty hard. If I'd seen my parents' bodies there, I don't know what I'd've done. I've just been trying to avoid thinking about that...
Erm... Anyways... we will bring those responsible down. Just remember that, alright?"

Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
  • Panther of the East Jungle
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: September 29, 2013, 02:46:23 am »

Yeah I did a tinge of pride colouring her voice I needed something to do when I was not fixing things only an infant could break. You know, security had to stop me making them for others

"Boy oh boy. You think you can make me one of those? I mean, we don't have the same stuff you guys would have down in the vault, but you think you could do it with what we got here?" A cursory glance would show you that you would not, in fact, be able to make a quality laser pistol. You could, however, make a low quality knock off that might explode after the fifth use. Might fetch a good price, to the uninitiated.

Be a sociopath. Continue working.

Alamo and you get along quite well. He nods in the direction of a tool, and you pass it. You set up a connection, and Alamo proofs it. All going on without a word passing by.

Oh shit, not the waterworks.
Gaze shifted somewhat uncomfortably in his seat, and shot Francis a surreptitious glance with a helpless 'can't you fix this?' kind of expression.
"Aw--" He began, then stopped himself. He decided to just pretend not to notice Janice's distress- an apology would most likely just piss the girl off. He settled back in his chair instead, casting an idle glance around the room before returning his attention to Francis.
Francis frowns, glancing back at Gaze for a moment, before turning to Janice.

"I know the situation seems... bleak, to put it lightly, but believe me, we will bring those 'clerics' or whatever it is they call themselves down. Believe me when I say that. I mean, hell, I knew so many of the victims just from my work... And seeing them hit me pretty hard. If I'd seen my parents' bodies there, I don't know what I'd've done. I've just been trying to avoid thinking about that...
Erm... Anyways... we will bring those responsible down. Just remember that, alright?"

[2+1+2+2=7] Janice comes back feistier than ever. "Yeah, totally. We'll get those guys with their shit ton of guns and soldiers, with their ruthlessness and skill. We'll do what 1000 people couldn't do! Why not, anything's possible. Hell, just let me do it myself. Should be easy fucking  peasy!" With that, Janice storms off and out of the Rink.

"Should we... go after her?" Hobbes pipes up weakly.

"AC? Air conditioning? They still have that in this?" She waves at the wasteland.

"No, no. The AC is Arsenal City. That's the city east of here. Big battleground crawling with zealots and raiders. A treasure trove of pre-war tech. The 313. You know, the AC. If you're going to do anything significant around here, you're probably headed that way."

"Vodka, I think I heard about that in an old record. That and whatever you've got with meat in it.

Sorry, long day.
"

"Vodka it is. Here, try this." She gets a bottle of vodka and a bottle of nuka-cola and mixes it together in a glass. "You're not gonna want to drink vodka straight on your first go," she says, sliding the glass over to you.

"So, what's a cop like you doing in a crimeless place like Ghost Town?" she says, leaning onto the bar.
Quote from: Isaac Asimov
I write for the same reason I breathe — because if I didn't, I would die.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: September 29, 2013, 03:05:32 am »

" I was in the vault when it got destroyed, me and a few friends of mine survived and came across one of your people in the woods and he brought us here.

We need to get some supplies before we move on so we're doing guard duty in exchange.
"

Sam picks up the drink and downs the entire glass in one go then his head bangs down onto the bar as he starts coughing before looking up with his eyes watering.

" Why's the room spinning? "
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: September 29, 2013, 03:13:15 am »

Rachelle is an honest person so...

Sorry, no I could make a crappy one that will blow up after the fifth or so use, but I don't think you want that

Let me have a closer look, at what you have, I may be able to figure out something that will only need one or two more parts

Continue helping with bomb, look at parts more closely (maybe I can use the inferior parts redundantly, so it would be bigger, for the same damage, rather than unreliable)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 03:25:57 am by wolfchild »
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: September 29, 2013, 03:22:46 am »

"Interesting, I'll remember that place. Farewell."

Head back to the group
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: September 29, 2013, 06:23:24 am »

"No idea."
Gaze watched Janice's departure with a bemused expression, then looked back to raise his eyebrows at Francis without moving from his seat. "Girl seems smart enough not to do anythin' stupid, to me... but then, I don't really know her, do I?"
He lifted his shoulders in a shrug, watching the remaining vault dwellers at the table.

>If the others decide to follow and try to catch up to Janice, I'll tag along with them.

>Otherwise I'll sit around here a minute longer, then head outside and see what's up in town.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: September 29, 2013, 05:08:26 pm »

"Can't imagine that'd be wise. Probably be best to let her cool down and talk to her about it later."
He sighs, glancing across at the others around the table.
"So..."
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: September 29, 2013, 10:09:43 pm »

" I was in the vault when it got destroyed, me and a few friends of mine survived and came across one of your people in the woods and he brought us here.

We need to get some supplies before we move on so we're doing guard duty in exchange.
"

Sam picks up the drink and downs the entire glass in one go then his head bangs down onto the bar as he starts coughing before looking up with his eyes watering.

" Why's the room spinning? "

The bartender gives a short but genuine laugh before responding. "Oh man, in one go! That's pretty extreme for a newbie," she says, filling up your glass once more. "Vault-type, huh? In that 58 in the forest? Yeah, we thought they might be heading there, the Clerics. Sorry about that, we couldn't do much to stop them, you know? Still, that's a pretty harsh introduction to the AC."

Rachelle is an honest person so...

Sorry, no I could make a crappy one that will blow up after the fifth or so use, but I don't think you want that

Let me have a closer look, at what you have, I may be able to figure out something that will only need one or two more parts

Continue helping with bomb, look at parts more closely (maybe I can use the inferior parts redundantly, so it would be bigger, for the same damage, rather than unreliable)

You look more closely, but eventually conclude that you can't make even a decent laser pistol with these parts. If you had a broken pistol, you may be able to salvage the necessary key components for a new one.

"Interesting, I'll remember that place. Farewell."

Head back to the group

You head to the Rink, the place you saw Brakes enter. Inside, it doesn't take long to find some of your group. Hobbes and Francis are sitting at a table with some other non-ghoul.

"No idea."
Gaze watched Janice's departure with a bemused expression, then looked back to raise his eyebrows at Francis without moving from his seat. "Girl seems smart enough not to do anythin' stupid, to me... but then, I don't really know her, do I?"
He lifted his shoulders in a shrug, watching the remaining vault dwellers at the table.

>If the others decide to follow and try to catch up to Janice, I'll tag along with them.

>Otherwise I'll sit around here a minute longer, then head outside and see what's up in town.

You're about to leave when a redhead approaches the group. She's not a ghoul, and she's wearing a jumpsuit. Must be with the others.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: September 29, 2013, 11:43:07 pm »

Looking down for a moment Sam shakes his head then smiles and downs the fresh glass.

" Yeah it could have gone a bit smoother... I should probably work out where I'm gonna sleep soon as well. Any ideas beautiful?"
Caine's law.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: September 30, 2013, 01:07:50 am »

Sorry, I could repair a pistol with these components, but not make one from scratch ...

Rachelle really wished she could make them one, energy weapons were the power of the sun in your hands

Shall we get back to work?

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: October 01, 2013, 10:53:03 pm »

Looking down for a moment Sam shakes his head then smiles and downs the fresh glass.

" Yeah it could have gone a bit smoother... I should probably work out where I'm gonna sleep soon as well. Any ideas beautiful?"

[3+1+3+3-1=9] The ghoul looks a bit confused by your advance. It takes her a few moments to show a tired smile. "Here, take a closer look at this." She points to her face, then she grabs your hand. "Now feel this," she says as she pulls your hand to her face. It's a tough texture, like leather, but softer. With flayed edges and deep gashes. "You see hun? It's no illusion. I'm a ghoul, rotting flesh and all. Don't play those games with me, okay? So far, I like you, so I'll let that little joke slide." She lets your hand go and refills your glass one more time. "First three are on the house," she says, with a noticeably more rigid and reserved posture. With that, she begins to walk away.

Sorry, I could repair a pistol with these components, but not make one from scratch ...

Rachelle really wished she could make them one, energy weapons were the power of the sun in your hands

Shall we get back to work?

"Yeah, sure. Let's finish this little present." With that, the group continues working.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 25