Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 25

Author Topic: [IC] Fallout: Arsenal City  (Read 29019 times)

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] Fallout: Arsenal City
« Reply #240 on: September 25, 2013, 05:51:27 am »

Have a go.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: September 25, 2013, 11:49:18 am »

What is the nutrition value of these 'roaches', again?

Gaze just shrugged in response to that, giving the speaker a glance-over before responding. "Fills the belly," he said simply. 
'Creepy looking bastard. Guess they don't get much... light down there in a vault.'

As the man walked off with Brakes, Gaze turned back to the table, dragged out a chair, and sat down with a sigh.
"Looks like I'm stuck with you guys," he kept his expression unreadable as he glanced between those who stayed, "You have names, or what? I'm Gaze, obviously."

>Take a seat, introduce myself to those still at the table.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: September 25, 2013, 02:03:33 pm »

"Oh, I'm Francis. Heh, no offense, but... well, you guys out in this place certainly have some interestin' names."

Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
  • Panther of the East Jungle
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: September 25, 2013, 11:36:57 pm »

(( Oh, in that case. ))

Go grab a meal with Daniels and Janice then find a room for us to take a nap till it's guard duty time, or something interesting happens.

Both Daniels and Janice reject the offer of your company. Daniels wants to check out the watchtower and fortifications, while Janice wants to hang around in the Rink. Do you still wish to seek a meal?

Follow the man
Go with him. Be creepy.

You follow Brakes through the door at the back to find a hallway turning to the right. He's waiting there, right inside the hallway. "Okay, you two. You seem like the brains of the bunch, I could use you. Come over here," he says as he walks down the hallway and out an exit leading into an alley. He heads west, down the alley and to another building dominated by a old neon sign proclaiming Electic Electrics!. Inside, you find two ghouls standing near a workbench. The shelves have various electronic parts and scrap. You can even spot some plasma grenades.

"Hey guys, I think I got a couple of friends that can help you build that bomb." He turns to you two. "Yeah, we need this bomb built. I thought you two could help with the science-y bits. This is Alamo and Morgue."

"Yo," one of them calls. "Morgue here. Alamo is that asshole." The other ghoul doesn't respond. "We're making use of all these energy cells. Making a laser time bomb. You in?"

Have a go.

[16+2+2=20] You find the problem within thirty seconds, and repair it even quicker. The ghouls stare in bewilderment as the generator starts up again. "Seriously? Fucking seriously?" is all the one ghoul can say. The other two laugh, and one of them pats you on the back.

"Man, you sure made us look stupid! Good on you... I didn't catch your name. You new around here, I take it?"

What is the nutrition value of these 'roaches', again?

Gaze just shrugged in response to that, giving the speaker a glance-over before responding. "Fills the belly," he said simply. 
'Creepy looking bastard. Guess they don't get much... light down there in a vault.'

As the man walked off with Brakes, Gaze turned back to the table, dragged out a chair, and sat down with a sigh.
"Looks like I'm stuck with you guys," he kept his expression unreadable as he glanced between those who stayed, "You have names, or what? I'm Gaze, obviously."

>Take a seat, introduce myself to those still at the table.

"I'm Neil Daniels. This is Janice Orren, and this is Alexander Hobbes." Janice gives a slight nod, and Hobbes shuffles a bit.

"You guys have a bar around here?" Janice speaks up. Gaze would know there is a bar across the street. But this one seems a bit young to drink...
Quote from: Isaac Asimov
I write for the same reason I breathe — because if I didn't, I would die.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: September 25, 2013, 11:46:11 pm »

Rachelle Rolls up her sleeves I'm In
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: September 26, 2013, 12:31:00 am »

Gaze doesn't particularly care about underage drinking. Plenty of things around to kill a person before alcohol, after all.
His sea green eyes remain impassive as he offers a small shrug.
"Sure. Across the street. I'd keep an eye out for bits of skin floating in the drinks, though."

"Oh, I'm Francis. Heh, no offense, but... well, you guys out in this place certainly have some interestin' names."

He looks over at this guy with a soft snort, possibly the most expressive mannerism he's shown since sitting down.
"Comin' from a guy named Francis, that's rich." That said, he looks between the faces at the table thoughtfully. After a moment he speaks up again, folding his hands over his stomach.
"Sooo... just what'd you all get up to, down in this vault a' yours, anyway?"

>Half-heartedly attempt to make conversation.

>If Janice heads for the bar, after a while I'll head over there myself if no especially interesting conversation is forthcoming.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: September 26, 2013, 06:21:00 am »

Go drink then go to sleep.

(( Wow charisma based characters in this are useless. Everybody ignores you. ))
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: September 26, 2013, 03:43:29 pm »

Clair nods "Yep, name Clair Keter. I'm with the group of vault dwellers that came in. I'm better with fixing minds, but with things breaking in the vault, made sense to learn how fix them."
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: September 26, 2013, 03:56:46 pm »

Rachelle Rolls up her sleeves I'm In
Start plans on the bomb immediately!

"Good shit. I'll see you nerds later." With that, Brakes leaves the four to their work.

[9+2+3=14][18+3+3=24] It might take a while to build this thing, but you two seem qualified.

"So, what's your story? You two looks like your out of a vault. Or did you buy those suits?" Morgue asks.

>Half-heartedly attempt to make conversation.

>If Janice heads for the bar, after a while I'll head over there myself if no especially interesting conversation is forthcoming.

Janice gives a disgusted look before sitting back down. Daniels takes his leave of the group without comment.

"We had massive orgies daily," Janice says dryly. "Why are you hanging around with these freaks, anyway?"

Go drink then go to sleep.

(( Wow charisma based characters in this are useless. Everybody ignores you. ))

You head to the bar. When you enter the building across the street, a few ghouls look up momentarily from their drinks to meet your gaze.

"Hey there, officer," the bartender starts. She looks markedly less ghoulish than the others. She still has a nose, and a bit of colour to her skin. "We ain't harboring any criminals here, no sir. We're a clean establishment," she jokes while cleaning a glass.

Clair nods "Yep, name Clair Keter. I'm with the group of vault dwellers that came in. I'm better with fixing minds, but with things breaking in the vault, made sense to learn how fix them."

"Mhm, vault dwellers, eh? You planning on sticking around long?"

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: September 26, 2013, 04:34:09 pm »

"Unlikely. Ours goal that while not time depended, better we finish it sooner then later, if only for the mental state of one of us, at least.

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: September 26, 2013, 04:48:43 pm »

"Janice, could you at least try to be pleasant? Those 'freaks' are giving us a home, making snide little comments like that's just going to make life harder on everyone in our little group."

He turns his head to Gaze.

"Oh, as far as what I 'got up to' down in the vault, I was a... hell, I'll just come out with it. All the people that really care probably know already anyways.
I was a bartender. Brewed up some liquor going off of what I'd gleaned from some old prewar book, and set myself up a nice little bar in some niche in the maintenance halls. Served me pretty well for quite awhiles..."
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: September 26, 2013, 06:58:49 pm »

We are from a vault

Keep building
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: September 26, 2013, 07:07:04 pm »

So I can see, I just wanted a drink and some food before guard duty.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: September 26, 2013, 11:56:43 pm »

Momentarily taken aback by Janice's answer, Gaze didn't quite manage to hide a grin. The kid had a mouth on her.
"Heh. I see. Guess that's what pissed off the Clerics, no doubt. Bunch a' uptight bastards, they are."
His amused expression was replaced by a slight frown for a moment, then he answered her question with a shrug.
"Beats being dead, I guess. Also, sittin' tight in here I don't have to worry about the Clerics finishing the job," he smiled ruefully, "...Although I guess that ain't going to work out much longer. Oh well."

His eyes flicked across to Francis with a slow nod. "Uh-huh. Until the Clerics showed up, right? Or did something go wrong 'fore then?"

>Bla bla bla. Keep talking.

>Assess comfort level of my seat.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: September 27, 2013, 01:33:31 am »

"Unlikely. Ours goal that while not time depended, better we finish it sooner then later, if only for the mental state of one of us, at least.

"Oh yeah? What goal is that, exactly? Conquer the AC?" he jokes.

"Janice, could you at least try to be pleasant? Those 'freaks' are giving us a home, making snide little comments like that's just going to make life harder on everyone in our little group."

He turns his head to Gaze.

"Oh, as far as what I 'got up to' down in the vault, I was a... hell, I'll just come out with it. All the people that really care probably know already anyways.
I was a bartender. Brewed up some liquor going off of what I'd gleaned from some old prewar book, and set myself up a nice little bar in some niche in the maintenance halls. Served me pretty well for quite awhiles..."

"Whatever," she says with annoyance.

We are from a vault

Keep building

"From that vault in the preserve, yeah? The Clerics were headed that way, I guess they cleaned you guys out? That sucks." Morgue passes you another tool to balance the power supply to the bomb. "You're pretty good at that. I guess you were a mechanic or engineer down there?"

"Her laser pistol is hand made." the other ghoul puts in out of nowhere.

"No shit? Wow, you made that yourself?"

So I can see, I just wanted a drink and some food before guard duty.

"Straight to business, then! What will you have? We got all kinds of drinks, scotch, vodka, beer, and some bar food. That is to say, part food, part sawdust."

>Bla bla bla. Keep talking.

>Assess comfort level of my seat.

"Everything was fine before the fucking bastards showed up... We were all safe and happy and..." she trails off, fighting back tears.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 25