Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17

Author Topic: Fallen to the Planet of Dead Threads: Freeform RP(Formerly: Roll to Space Train)  (Read 25859 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Space Train
« Reply #120 on: August 24, 2013, 10:18:46 pm »

Search internet for dragon-defeating methods. If there is no internet, figure out a way to avoid the dragons.

...wait, what?

You're telling me we have space travel, but no wi-fi? Or were the dragons a joke?

No, not that, I'm wondering why you're asking about dragons.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 24, 2013, 10:20:38 pm »

Search internet for dragon-defeating methods. If there is no internet, figure out a way to avoid the dragons.

...wait, what?

You're telling me we have space travel, but no wi-fi? Or were the dragons a joke?

No, not that, I'm wondering why you're asking about dragons.

Dragons are the only danger I'm currently aware of. It seems sensible to figure out ways to avoid being in danger.

[Edit]Whoops, dangers. Derp.
[Edit]Check the map for more specific dangers, focusing on the area immediately in front of us. Wonder why we don't use Google Space Maps.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 10:23:16 pm by Elephant Parade »

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 24, 2013, 10:26:03 pm »

Dragons are the only danger I'm currently aware of. It seems sensible to figure out ways to avoid being in danger.

[Edit]Whoops, dangers. Derp.
[Edit]Check the map for more specific dangers, focusing on the area immediately in front of us. Wonder why we don't use Google Space Maps.

...I should not have asked...it would have been hilarious.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 25, 2013, 06:44:20 am »

Modify our map display so it shows crew locations. Tell Mr. Northcott that he is to obey my orders or be executed for mutiny.

Wonder who this blender creature is. Wasn't he, like, the co-pilot? Why isn't he piloting rather than doing hired hand work?

And he's an unperson. One should not listen to unpeople. They're not even human, for gods' sakes!

Should the machine conspiracy somehow triumph and send executioners my way, become armed and brave train-fugitive.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 07:55:22 am by Harry Baldman »

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 25, 2013, 07:44:56 am »

((I for one am glad that all the people with guns are players so the mad have to put themselves at risk or convince the others through more then a dice roll))
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Dansmithers

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TUNNEL_SNAKES:RULE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 25, 2013, 09:44:45 am »

Modify our map display so it shows crew locations. Tell Mr. Northcott that he is to obey my orders or be executed for mutiny.

Wonder who this blender creature is. Wasn't he, like, the co-pilot? Why isn't he piloting rather than doing hired hand work?

And he's an unperson. One should not listen to unpeople. They're not even human, for gods' sakes!

Should the machine conspiracy somehow triumph and send executioners my way, become armed and brave train-fugitive.

"Are you speaking to me, Mr.Northcott?"
Siggy Siggy Hole!

Well, let's say you're going away from Earth on huge spaceship and suddenly shit goes wrong and you have Super Mutants. Social Experiments prepared them for this.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 25, 2013, 09:54:28 am »

"Are you speaking to me, Mr. Northcott?"

"Why, yes, robot. What is your purpose here?"

Dansmithers

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TUNNEL_SNAKES:RULE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 25, 2013, 09:59:08 am »

"Are you speaking to me, Mr. Northcott?"

"Why, yes, robot. What is your purpose here?"
"My purpose? I think you would know, human."
Siggy Siggy Hole!

Well, let's say you're going away from Earth on huge spaceship and suddenly shit goes wrong and you have Super Mutants. Social Experiments prepared them for this.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 25, 2013, 10:26:01 am »

"My purpose? I think you would know, human."

"Well, judging from the way you're serving drinks, I would say you are a waiter model, yes?"

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 25, 2013, 12:02:13 pm »

I'm bored, so I started thinking about the origin of the slime. It was found on the planet known as Deka Plasmoid, Renamed Slime Alpha. They have 3 formes, there is liquid form, gel forme, the most common, and rigid form. Liquid requires air, as it pushes air through itself and becomes less dense and larger, and more liquid-like. Gel form is created by pushing some oxygen out and becoming smaller, and gel-like. Rigid form is there is no air inside it, and it is decently hard. Rigid is what slimes usually become if they attempt to shape-shift into a weapon, while liquid is good for blending in and escaping. All formes are transparent, meaning see-through. This is just the backstory, and does not affect the combat rolls. The weakpoint of the slime is it's inner control system, which bands the gel together- that is inside of it's chest, and is protected by a permanently rigid shell. It pumps oxygen in to turn it to gel, and pumps it out to turn it to rigid. Chopping off a slime's head will do nothing but have it reform, but freezing it and shattering it or burning it off will require the slime to spend a turn of of combat to regenerate it. If the control center is grazed, the slime will go into danger mode, instantly turning rigid and immobile. This gives +1 to defense but it can't move or attack. So basically you can just hammer away at it if they are grazed in the control center. If it is broken in any way, the slime will explode. I think they can band together, but it is very chaotic as they usually fight over the actions and usually end up splitting.

EDIT: The way to leave danger mode is by being "Reactivated" By a friend. It will take a turn.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 25, 2013, 12:22:30 pm »

Pretty sure that's not going to come into game mechanics.

Would be pretty boring to play, I mean, you get decently hurt once, and then spent the rest of the journey in cold storage till we can find another one of your species.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 25, 2013, 12:31:19 pm »

No, ANYONE can reactivate me.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 25, 2013, 12:40:31 pm »

Seems a stupid defense system. I mean, the danger could do it too.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 25, 2013, 06:28:56 pm »

I think its more talking the slime out of the shock.
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 25, 2013, 09:34:29 pm »

Start using some inorganic metal to attempt to upgrade the engine. Sorry, guys, if this explodes. If it explodes, make saying "SORRY!" an action

(6) You improve the engine like crazy.  The pilot can now make the engine go twice as fast, at a cost of three times the fuel, and four times as fast at a cost of five times the fuel.  You step back from your work that drained the ship of all its remaining inorganic synthesis supplies, and faint from lack of food.  Unless someone gives you 5 units of food within the next two turns, you die.

Continue my patrol, do a luggage check to make sure nobody is carrying something illegal. Like big impressive guns.

(4) You continue your patrol, and check the occasional bag of luggage.  You are more distracted by the loss of all the ship's inorganic synthesis supplies to notice too much else.

(3) The best you manage to do is keep it from crashing when you try to modify the coding.  You'll need to buy a better map when you get to your destination, if you want to do anything about it.
(5-1-1)  You are to busy to bother with speaking with Mr. Northcott, besides sending him a note, that is lost in transit.

OWOWOWOWOWOW
Find something medicinal
Assist my stalker with his injury, then see if I can fix up those 2 chairs for us.

(-) Someone took all the inorganic synthesis supplies.  You can't make anything to help the shoulder.  Cromwell tries to relocate them, and (5) manages to get them both relocated.  (-) You can't repair the chairs without supplies.

Start immediate computer repairs.

(-) You would, but someone took all the inorganic synthesis supplies.

Inspect Tickets to make sure no one is trying to take the train without paying.

(-) Law requires passengers to pay when they arrive at the location, rather than when they board.  This was settled by the Mammoth Stampede, Inc. vs. the Interstellar Passengers Rights Organization.

Drive carefully, make steam whistle sounds if anyone makes a cat pun

(3) You drive onwards, but everyone make nyan cat puns, nearly causing a fight to break out between the Catfolk and other races.

Plot the safest possible course to our destination, and inform our captain of it.

(5) You plot the safest course you can, and inform the captain, who begins to follow it.

Keep potroling and chat to Jason if given the chance

(5) You continue patrolling and have a (2) fairly bad chat with Jason, since you nearly caused him to make a mistake on his course when you spoke to him.

(6) You learn all there is to know on dragon-defeating methods and the various theories on Space Dragons.  Unfortunately, you use up all the ship's data allowance, preventing you from being able to contact anyone if you run into trouble.

(3) You begin to wonder about the android, but are distracted by the android's absence, and your duties before you wondering continues.

Company

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The Uranium Rocket (click to show/hide)

Living Passengers: 50

5 Slimes
5 Androids
5 Bloodkin
5 Sychosians
10 Insectoids
10 Humans
10 Catfolk

Crew Roster

Spoiler: Pilot (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Co-pilot (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Navigators (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Engineers (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Guards (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Hired Hands (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17