Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Cats not catching vermin.  (Read 487 times)

someone12345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Cats not catching vermin.
« on: August 21, 2013, 05:46:51 pm »

My cats are not catching vermin. I do not know why. Should I let them run around some more, or turn them into -cat meat roasts-?
GENERATION 26:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

Merendel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cats not catching vermin.
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2013, 06:02:10 pm »

are they pastured or left to roam free?  if they are pastured they will only catch vermin in their pasture not the whole fort.

someone12345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2013, 06:19:46 pm »

They can roam free. They keep running around and butchering my FPS.
GENERATION 26:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2013, 06:27:01 pm »

put them in a pasture over your seed and food stockpiles. Those are the only places that really need to be vermin free
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

someone12345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2013, 08:37:01 am »

put them in a pasture over your seed and food stockpiles. Those are the only places that really need to be vermin free
Hateable vermin give bad thoughts. Also, I did pasture them in the food stockpile before, but they did not catch anything.

Fluoman

• Bay Watcher
  • Anything the game allows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2013, 08:39:38 am »

Vermin pop randomly and there are no announcements when a cat kills vermin. They may kill vermin without you realizing.
"hey, look, my left hand! It's only bones now, gosh, has it been that long since that cave dragon bit it off?"

RtDs!

someone12345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2013, 09:54:39 am »

No vermin in refuse stockpile. Dwarves gather refuse.