Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Will Sam bang a ghoul in the next 24 hours?

Probably
- 3 (37.5%)
Maybe
- 0 (0%)
I doubt it
- 2 (25%)
Oh god why
- 3 (37.5%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13

Author Topic: [OOC] Fallout: Arsenal City (Ghouls and Ghosts)[6/6]  (Read 13138 times)

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
Re: [OOC] Fallout: Arsenal City (Rebels in the vault? 6 of 6)
« Reply #120 on: September 06, 2013, 02:30:26 am »

I am an atheist myself, so you won't rub me the wrong way unless you try to force it down my throat. *cough* I'm looking at you J-dubs and Mormons *cough*
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 06, 2013, 02:37:27 am »

I'm an Atheist so don't worry about pissing me off(religion-wise anyway. We have a problem if you have a problem with gays.)
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 06, 2013, 02:42:32 am »

I am not gay myself, but I don't see it as an issue. And I have a problem with most people who do
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Aninimouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 06, 2013, 02:47:03 am »

Well just off the top of my head I'm 99% sure the whole Alpha and Omega quotation/passage thing in Fallout 3 is, and that sort of feels like it was supposed to be a somewhat important part of it.

I'm not gonna bash religion or anything, just twist it into something unrecognizable and dark.

Well, if that's what you're going for, I don't really think there's too much to worry about.
He'd killed a man before one time, with his bare hands, and he could do it again, if he put something in his bare hands like a knife or a gun or something that he could kill somebody with.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 06, 2013, 02:57:30 am »

I have no problems with it, what about the start of fallout 3? They worship an unexploded nuclear weapon as a religion.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
  • Panther of the East Jungle
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 06, 2013, 03:09:05 am »

Well just off the top of my head I'm 99% sure the whole Alpha and Omega quotation/passage thing in Fallout 3 is, and that sort of feels like it was supposed to be a somewhat important part of it.

I'm not gonna bash religion or anything, just twist it into something unrecognizable and dark.

Well, if that's what you're going for, I don't really think there's too much to worry about.

Forgot about that. That's a good one. Though they just use the quote as a passing reference and don't really go much into spiritual stuff or the bible. They use the quote exclusively. Mostly, it was used to reinforce the whole 'well of life' thing, not any kind of moral backing or motivation. I'm thinking more direct injections of religion, like a sermon or some cult that stems from Christianity. These are the things I don't expect to find in Fallout, or really any major game franchise. Besides, well... I'm sure there's a few good examples. Uh... Binding of Isaac! Though, that's more indie. That's the kind of stuff I look for.

I have no problems with it, what about the start of fallout 3? They worship an unexploded nuclear weapon as a religion.

Yes, but I'm talking about inclusion and references to real life religions in the game.
Quote from: Isaac Asimov
I write for the same reason I breathe — because if I didn't, I would die.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 06, 2013, 03:12:54 am »

I like the bomb more. It made a really pretty light when I turned the entire town into a slag heap.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 06, 2013, 03:18:04 am »

I am not gay myself, but I don't see it as an issue. And I have a problem with most people who do
Nither am I, I just have a view of love that make me hate those who view them as wrong.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 06, 2013, 03:18:04 am »

What! yo mean it didn't Schrodinger for you? :P

(Good = energy, evil = big guns! either way mothership Zeta had some awesome stuff for me)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 06, 2013, 04:06:53 am »

I'm just popping in to say this is a pretty cool game you got going on here. :)
An entertaining read so far, I imagine I'll continue to follow it.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 06, 2013, 04:15:03 am »

What! yo mean it didn't Schrodinger for you? :P

(Good = energy, evil = big guns! either way mothership Zeta had some awesome stuff for me)

wat

I'm just popping in to say this is a pretty cool game you got going on here. :)
An entertaining read so far, I imagine I'll continue to follow it.

Thanks! I didn't know people read roleplays they're not a part of... Well, that makes me sound like an asshole. But thanks! I guess I'll have to step up my game if I have a larger audience :>

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 06, 2013, 04:29:16 am »

I played FO3 twice, good karma went energy weapons, evil karma went big guns. and Mothership Zeta is an expansion for FO3

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 06, 2013, 04:35:22 am »

I played FO3 twice, good karma went energy weapons, evil karma went big guns. and Mothership Zeta is an expansion for FO3

I got that... but I'm unsure of what post you're responding to. I mean, that kind of came out of nowhere.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 06, 2013, 04:41:34 am »

I like the bomb more. It made a really pretty light when I turned the entire town into a slag heap.

That

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 06, 2013, 08:50:41 pm »

Main thing that comes to mind for me when it comes to religion & Fallout is the whole Honest Hearts dlc. I mean, right down to the name of it, given that it comes from a quote by a leader of the mormon church. And well, the whole thing was based heavily upon mormon beliefs.

Also, I vaguely recall that Benny's pistol had some reference to christianity.

So yeah, eheh, religion's not uncommon ground for Fallout, to be honest.

Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13