Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Will Sam bang a ghoul in the next 24 hours?

Probably
- 3 (37.5%)
Maybe
- 0 (0%)
I doubt it
- 2 (25%)
Oh god why
- 3 (37.5%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13

Author Topic: [OOC] Fallout: Arsenal City (Ghouls and Ghosts)[6/6]  (Read 13145 times)

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
  • Panther of the East Jungle
    • View Profile
Re: [OOC] Fallout: Arsenal City (Rebels in the vault? 6 of 6)
« Reply #105 on: September 01, 2013, 12:19:53 am »

You guys may be over reacting a bit. It isn't quite a civil war just yet. Just a rebellious sentiment. The two sides aren't going to start killing each other unless something serious happens.
Quote from: Isaac Asimov
I write for the same reason I breathe — because if I didn't, I would die.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 01, 2013, 12:40:50 am »

Sam won't be around by then, Sam will either be in the cooking pot of a bandit group or in the tent of a female bandit.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 01, 2013, 10:52:45 pm »

Looks like we have our winner, Vault 11! I thought Tranquility Lane was going to win for sure, also an iconic vault. Though not very vault-y, in my opinion.

Anyways, onto our next poll: Favourite creature!

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 03, 2013, 09:05:36 pm »

I was planning on letting you guys resist going into the other room, but I'm impatient. I need action! And I wanted to show you one of the things my friend Cere made.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 03, 2013, 09:08:14 pm »

Hah I'm not to bothered honestly.

(( Whats going on in Byntanium btw? ))
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 09:13:14 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 03, 2013, 09:44:05 pm »

Hah I'm not to bothered honestly.

(( Whats going on in Byntanium btw? ))

Hell if I know. I might have to reboot it, if the players are going to post this slowly. Still waiting on one of them to respond to a PM.

Anyways, regarding this roleplay, I'm trying to set a certain pace of posting, so the same thing doesn't happen here. If someone takes too long to post, I'm going to automate them. That doesn't mean you have to post every day (even though that's preferable), but with the current content of posts (mostly one-liners), I expect a post at least every few days.

Secondly, I'm going to throw an incentive into the mix. There will be XP rewards for good roleplaying. That means quality posts. They don't have to be 1000 words long, but something that shows us the inner workings of your character's minds: motivations, pasts, fears, likes, dislikes, etc. I know you're all capable of writing excellent posts. If you're not sure how much to post, though, you'll get the idea in the next few days when I post as Janice.

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 04, 2013, 01:54:48 pm »

I believe the urine method only works on chlorine gas. At least, I think it's chlorine...

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 04, 2013, 02:04:47 pm »

I believe the urine method only works on chlorine gas. At least, I think it's chlorine...
That it. Guess it fainting for me.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 04, 2013, 02:34:45 pm »

If you reboot can I reserve now? I'll carry over my character.
Caine's law.

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 04, 2013, 02:56:17 pm »

If you reboot can I reserve now? I'll carry over my character.

Hm? I think I already put you on the wait list for Byntanium. You are talking about Sellswords, yes?

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 04, 2013, 03:39:55 pm »

Yeah, I thought reboot would mean restart it and take new players. Ignore me just tired from work.
Caine's law.

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 06, 2013, 01:09:34 am »

I hope none of you are easily offended by religious material.

Religion is always an aspect that was left out of the Fallout games, for cultural reasons I'm sure. But religion has always fascinated me, and I like to incorporate it in all my games. So I had to make a decision when writing this setting. Either leave out religion to keep with the tone of the games, or explore it and see how it goes. Ever the experimenter, I decided not to pass up the opportunity to explore uncharted territory.

But I'd like to hear form you guys. Initial thoughts on religion in Fallout? Good, bad, not sure?

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 06, 2013, 01:27:12 am »

But I'd like to hear form you guys. Initial thoughts on religion in Fallout? Good, bad, not sure?

Presuming you are not only asking your players, but the readers as well, I would feel that religions as we know them are plainly unfitting for fallout. Remember the nuka-cola fabric and what they have in their terminals? A good part of their testing personal died, but they went ahead with shipping the sometimes fatal quantum-cola. Oh, and they sent a fruit-and-cheese basket to the deceased ones family. Then the vaults themselves. Plenty more if you think about it. So if you are able to create a religion that fits this crazy, it actually might enhance the whole thing - and there are a couple of christian-look-alike churches in the games. (Just make sure there are no hardliners amongst the players that would feel upset by it.)

Aninimouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 06, 2013, 01:42:27 am »

Left out? It's had a good bit of a presence in the games, I'm pretty sure. (I'm completely certain it's had at least a little, maybe less so in the first two though. But my memory of them is a bit worse.)

And I've (at least), never thought of it as something that would/should be excluded from the universe.
Though whether or not it helps or hinders it would depend on how it's done I suppose.
He'd killed a man before one time, with his bare hands, and he could do it again, if he put something in his bare hands like a knife or a gun or something that he could kill somebody with.

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 06, 2013, 02:10:05 am »

Presuming you are not only asking your players, but the readers as well, I would feel that religions as we know them are plainly unfitting for fallout. Remember the nuka-cola fabric and what they have in their terminals? A good part of their testing personal died, but they went ahead with shipping the sometimes fatal quantum-cola. Oh, and they sent a fruit-and-cheese basket to the deceased ones family. Then the vaults themselves. Plenty more if you think about it. So if you are able to create a religion that fits this crazy, it actually might enhance the whole thing - and there are a couple of christian-look-alike churches in the games. (Just make sure there are no hardliners amongst the players that would feel upset by it.)

We have readers? Neat!

Well, I think I'd like to play with Christianity a bit. I don't see those immoral things happening in the universe making religion completely incompatible. I'm not gonna have a nice, moral community. Oh, no, something far more in line with the Fallout theme.

But, yeah, as far as my players go, I want to make sure no one is easily offended. I'm not gonna bash religion or anything, just twist it into something unrecognizable and dark.

Left out? It's had a good bit of a presence in the games, I'm pretty sure. (I'm completely certain it's had at least a little, maybe less so in the first two though. But my memory of them is a bit worse.)

And I've (at least), never thought of it as something that would/should be excluded from the universe.
Though whether or not it helps or hinders it would depend on how it's done I suppose.

I mean, the developers left out any mention of Jesus or Christianity. They didn't specifically have any instance directly related to any current organized religion. At least, I'm pretty sure they didn't. American companies tend to shy away from such things, I find. But if you can direct me to specific parts of the game that have to do with religion, I would appreciate it!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13