Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Design issue : how do YOU dig a circle?  (Read 1755 times)

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
  • There be no fortress without its feline rulers!
    • View Profile
Re: Design issue : how do YOU dig a circle?
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2008, 03:07:00 am »

Hi!

Okay, I misunderstood your question then.

If you want your display squared, you actually do not need to install a tileset (at least if you are on full screen - people said that it looks awful in windowed mode but I never checked). I recently pointed it out in another heated debate, so allow me to quote myself:

quote:
In order to get this kind of display, I changed one word in the init.txt. Namely a 'NO' into a 'YES':

If this is set to YES, the tiles will not be stretched, but rather the game view will be centralized, surrounded by black space. Tiles that are too large will always be compressed rather than running off the screen.

[BLACK_SPACE:YES]

The above quote are two lines from the init.txt, including the changed command. I also quoted the explanation line above it, because the init.txt is very well documented in the game proper, much better than metallurgy or farming where you basically have to rely on the Wiki or some hidden hints in the new menus (like the stones status menu).

I hope this helps.

Deathworks

Necronopticous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Primary Colors
Re: Design issue : how do YOU dig a circle?
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2008, 08:38:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Quintin Stone:
<STRONG>Open MS Paint.  Use the circle tool.  Drag it to the required size (zoom in if necessary).  That's how I laid out the circles for my tower and outer wall.</STRONG>
I'm currently in the process of making a deep cylindrical fortress, completely surrounded by water, and this is the method I used to model the outline of my subaqueous tower.
Pages: 1 [2]