Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: Tales of Magic OOC Thread: Sign-ups, Discussion,etc.  (Read 16877 times)

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
Re: Tales of Magic OOC Thread: Sign-ups, Discussion,etc.
« Reply #90 on: August 29, 2013, 03:58:17 pm »

Also, a Poison/Toxic Mage? Or would that fall over the Death Mages category?
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 29, 2013, 04:37:12 pm »

Also, a Poison/Toxic Mage? Or would that fall over the Death Mages category?

Yes, or alchemist for that matter.
Durrr..

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 29, 2013, 08:25:38 pm »

Shit I'm first waiting?

IN that case, question.

With grav magic, could I create a blast of gravitic distortion?

Not a field, but just a straight burst that makes gravity fluctuite between several hundred states all throughout a small area within a short period of time?
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 30, 2013, 01:33:35 am »

Shit I'm first waiting?

IN that case, question.

Not a field, but just a straight burst that makes gravity fluctuite between several hundred states all throughout a small area within a short period of time?

Yes, but you'd have to be quite powerful to do that and keep yourself in mind as you yourself will probably affected as well. Also, they possibly could pinpoint you.
Durrr..

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 30, 2013, 01:38:38 am »

Shit I'm first waiting?

IN that case, question.

Yes, but you'd have to be quite powerful to do that and keep yourself in mind as you yourself will probably affected as well. Also, they possibly could pinpoint you.

It's cool, it's cool :3 But to be honest the nature of such an effect would mean that anything short of antimagic would go squiiiish~
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 30, 2013, 02:03:22 am »

Shit I'm first waiting?

IN that case, question.

It's cool, it's cool :3 But to be honest the nature of such an effect would mean that anything short of antimagic would go squiiiish~

Maybe... or maybe not.
Durrr..

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #96 on: August 30, 2013, 07:45:53 am »

Should we use first or third person for actions? Right now im using first, but Pancaek seems to be using third.
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 30, 2013, 08:09:18 am »

I think it doesn't matter what person or tense you use for actions, though third person is usually preferable for the post itself. At least that seems to be the case for most games.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 01, 2013, 06:28:18 am »

When do the rest of us guys get introduced? :P

Cruel Mr. Zero makes us wait...he hurt us...
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #99 on: September 01, 2013, 06:50:09 am »

I hope that the reason our turns are split is because this is the prologue, and that afterwards all the turns will be done at same time. Is confusing else.

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 01, 2013, 02:00:33 pm »

I hope that the reason our turns are split is because this is the prologue, and that afterwards all the turns will be done at same time. Is confusing else.

yes, they will be unified once introductions are over. But time is not on my side lately, and or laziness is a strong foe.
Durrr..

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 06, 2013, 09:07:25 am »

Ugh, cannot think up something reasonable for Dwarmin and your character Gerald Blue. Could you PM me a bit more bio about your character?
Durrr..

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 06, 2013, 11:50:55 am »

Well, that's depressing, but PM sent.

Anything else, just pop it off to me question and answer style.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 06, 2013, 05:12:12 pm »

Hey I just got an idea for a new type of magic (a little late but wth?) specifically KINETIC MAGIC.
Or in simplespeak: Speed Magic.

The idea is those who harness Kinetic Magic can affect the speed of themselves and anything around them. Changing a persons momentum in direction or speed would be a simple spell, while stopping a moving train or causing a person to suddenly shoot ahead at 500mph would be bigger ones. And that's not even counting the more esoteric capabilities...
I remember a joke in Futurama that they "increased the speed of light" so that they could make faster ships....a really powerful Kinetic Mage could actually do this :P
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 06, 2013, 11:23:22 pm »

Hey I just got an idea for a new type of magic (a little late but wth?) specifically KINETIC MAGIC.
Or in simplespeak: Speed Magic.

The idea is those who harness Kinetic Magic can affect the speed of themselves and anything around them. Changing a persons momentum in direction or speed would be a simple spell, while stopping a moving train or causing a person to suddenly shoot ahead at 500mph would be bigger ones. And that's not even counting the more esoteric capabilities...
I remember a joke in Futurama that they "increased the speed of light" so that they could make faster ships....a really powerful Kinetic Mage could actually do this :P

Velocity Magic is more technically accurate. Also you can call yourself a Velocomancer, which is just close enough to Velociraptor to be awesome
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9