Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 698 699 [700] 701 702 ... 919

Author Topic: Everything: Gaiden  (Read 520327 times)

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
Re: Everything: Gaiden
« Reply #10485 on: February 11, 2014, 12:31:20 am »

Thorn snuggles Kyle.

Marie makes Eric feel better because, y'know, Marie.  :P

Clarrrrketech Camille Leblanc, Miranda Leblanc/Detective Camille, The Anarchist, LaF! Maria, Phyliss, Marie, Mary, Stefan, Thera Aesop Cross [Thera], Yuki, Stella Watters, The Fortified Orichalcum Sonata of Ages (Ori), Sapphira Wittgenstein,Issssabella Cattleya Flora,Natasha O'Connor,    Aqua, 'Nanoha', Summoned Meido, ICOOC! Hannah Bismuth (size may vary), Lady Thorndancer the Floran
Eric is very tired out by this but whatever, its Marie.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Decalogue
« Reply #10486 on: February 11, 2014, 01:35:34 am »

Seeing as differences in lore and whatnot may cause problems, we may as well pre-empt them. I suggest the adoption of the following decalogue to handle these events when they occur and (hopefully) keep them civil, structured and (relatively) organized.

1: The GM of each game and the Creator of each setting has absolute control of it. They have the right to dictate anything regarding entities from their domain. In the absence of a GM or Creator, an official rulebook or wikia will suffice, the players who use material from that world have the right to interpret the lore as they see fit as long as the absolute majority of other such players agree to it.
Case in point, @Elf has absolute control of RotMG and @Ragnarok has absolute control over TA as their respective GMs. @Mcclay has absolute control of Eric's world as its Creator and @Vgray has unquestionable right of interpretation of Warcraft as the only user of that world.

2: Unless an agreement is reached, the worlds of each setting are to be considered completely separate with neither influencing the other. An amalgamation requires the consent of both GMs or Creators. In the absence of either, this requires an absolute majority of players with characters from those worlds to agree to it.
Impolitely jamming lore into someone else's lore probably isn't the best idea, especially if they are incompatible.

3: If a lore difference occurs which nullifies a character's ability, the GM or Creator of the relevant world is to provide an equivalent effect, either lore or mechanics-wise if possible.
For example, if someone who could detect magic signatures used it upon Florencio, they should receive the echo data of his recent spells as he has no such signature. Likewise, were they to use it upon Silica, they would receive the words she used in her spell.

4: When multiple entities are omnipotent within a domain, any such entity can veto the actions of the others, regardless of numerical advantage.
Infinity multiplied by one hundred is still infinity. Thus, no matter what a group of entities with infinite power does, a single other entity could simply undo it as numerical differences become meaningless. By that logic, when two contradicting actions are backed by omnipotence, the status quo wins.

5: There are no grandfather clauses.
A person who could veto an action may miss it or not be online at the time, this is by no means an invitation to assume that it is a precedent or permission to utilize it in the absence of an explicit statement.

6: The GM or Creator of a world has no obligation to provide any lore when asked.
It can be used to explain or justify something, but if for whatever reason they refuse to, whether because they haven't completed that lore or because it would be a spoiler, that decision is to be respected.

7: Should the lore of two worlds end up in direct conflict, the relevant parties are to either reconcile it or nullify the action and any required parts of the sequence of events.
Unbreakable objects going against forces that destroy everything can't exactly be resolved easily, so failing resolution, the event in which they interact in a contradictory manner is to be removed to prevent the contradiction from occurring.

8: All absolute property arguments are to automatically be relative to their world. Properties that destroy or erase are automatically defeated by properties that allow survival.
That is, something that destroys everything without fail only does so relative to their originating reality.
Having an indestructible object suddenly become destroyable tends to compromise settings far more than an all destroying effect failing. After all, it is far easier to invoke and abuse (and possibly kill characters using) the former rather than the latter.

9: Unless otherwise stated, relevant aspects of each world is to be assumed to exist.
That is, there is void in the world, there is a television world, there is a border of life and there is a spell server.

10: The crossover itself is not subject to these laws.
There is no point in to futilely questioning how characters from strictly separate realities ended up in the same location nor whether or not it violates their lore.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #10487 on: February 11, 2014, 01:40:23 am »

((Accepted. Unless anyone else does, I instantly take over Persona as the only player who references it constantly with Kaori and Richard.))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10488 on: February 11, 2014, 01:43:08 am »

((Basically. I suppose @Ragnarok may be able to as well but I doubt he'll use his right of interpretation against your own decisions much.))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10489 on: February 11, 2014, 01:51:10 am »

Florencio descends from the zeppelin and checks who wants to be evacuated. He seems to be quietly humming something.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #10490 on: February 11, 2014, 01:52:39 am »

((Accepted. I suppose if Twi doesn't care I'll take over the minecraft stuff that I accidentally made this world into.))

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10491 on: February 11, 2014, 01:54:28 am »

((If GWG ever rejoins, he gets right of last decision on Yukari and Fuuka as they're from a game he GM'd. Rag gets the same on Medea, Hecate and Circe.))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10492 on: February 11, 2014, 01:55:49 am »

Florencio searches for anyone who needs evac.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #10493 on: February 11, 2014, 02:30:58 am »

((I'm good with it given that I'm not really using any characters from any other franchises. Darnos is pretty much just a completely different character with the same name.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10494 on: February 11, 2014, 02:34:20 am »

((Exactly, that gives you the absolute right to dictate what affects him and what doesn't rather than being at the mercy of TA's lore.))

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10495 on: February 11, 2014, 02:46:58 am »

((Most of mine are under my absolute control anyway. Even the one from another game, which I ended up taking over.))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10496 on: February 11, 2014, 02:54:21 am »

((Likewise, seeing as I used my own settings. Plus Silica and UW-DA-P4 are the only ones from their respective RTD. The Decalogue's 3rd Entry is mainly to prevent abuse of those rights or accidentally lock down of a character.

For example, attempting to steal Florencio's soul would go under the jurisdiction of the first law, negating the effect due to my lore, but the third law would allow it to instead have a different outcome, one where it acts as an ethereal combat spell instead which whilst being mechanically different, is justifiable by the lore.))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10497 on: February 11, 2014, 03:07:32 am »

Florencio walks through the desolate city, looking for anyone else who wished to leave it. To keep himself occupied and his mind off of the grim events, he listens to music during the search.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10498 on: February 12, 2014, 12:14:45 am »

Florencio approaches the nearest player character.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10499 on: February 15, 2014, 01:04:08 am »

MEANWHILE

....blah why not.

Corvus does some shit and now all of @Elf's characters are elsewhere because seriously screw the interdiction shield, I have desire to play the game.

Specifically, he steers the giant library into the planet and picks up Elf's crap before flying out again.
Pages: 1 ... 698 699 [700] 701 702 ... 919