Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 634 635 [636] 637 638 ... 919

Author Topic: Everything: Gaiden  (Read 521082 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Everything: Gaiden
« Reply #9525 on: January 22, 2014, 03:12:11 am »

((I don't mind.))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #9526 on: January 22, 2014, 03:13:35 am »

((I'd rather you wait until I'm home in a few minutes, but sure.))
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #9527 on: January 22, 2014, 03:14:02 am »

((Don't worry, I can wait.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #9528 on: January 22, 2014, 03:38:26 am »

((aaaand I'm back. LET IT BEGIN.))
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9529 on: January 22, 2014, 03:47:24 am »

((Excellent.))
As the hours pass, the residents of [forgot my own city name] fret as the dot on the horizon grew closer. Many of them had tried to teleport out via the teleport circles, but they'd found them unable to activate, a wide-flung spell that blocked all forms of magical travel apparently in effect. Thus, with nowhere else to go, they hoarded themselves up in the Doge's military-style palace, complete with artillery and rocket turrets, and watched as it came closer.
As it did, more detail was revealed: it was a massive object, at least a kilometer long and 3/4 that in height; a pyramid of what seemed to be unnaturally smooth black stone. It flies through the air as befitting an object of its size and presence - slowly, but with the weight of a thousand burned kingdoms behind it. As it passes over the jungle, the area beneath it is squashed flat and pulverized, so much pressure being exterted on it that the underlying dirt was ground away to reveal stone, leaving a massive grey scar.
Eventually it reaches the city walls, and stops just outside, unmoving but for the fact that it's in midair.
Your characters are wherever you want them to be, really. Wat do?
Sig! Onol

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9530 on: January 22, 2014, 03:50:10 am »

Lilja loads her weapon and makes sure that her phone is charged.

Silica remains in a strange quantum superposition due to her vague actions with Sapphira but is presumably out of the city with Daeron, exploring the mountains.

Lucinda is with Yukari.

Florencio remains in the airship, surveying the turmoil below.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #9531 on: January 22, 2014, 03:54:09 am »

((Excellent.))
As the hours pass, the residents of [forgot my own city name] fret as the dot on the horizon grew closer. Many of them had tried to teleport out via the teleport circles, but they'd found them unable to activate, a wide-flung spell that blocked all forms of magical travel apparently in effect. Thus, with nowhere else to go, they hoarded themselves up in the Doge's military-style palace, complete with artillery and rocket turrets, and watched as it came closer.
As it did, more detail was revealed: it was a massive object, at least a kilometer long and 3/4 that in height; a pyramid of what seemed to be unnaturally smooth black stone. It flies through the air as befitting an object of its size and presence - slowly, but with the weight of a thousand burned kingdoms behind it. As it passes over the jungle, the area beneath it is squashed flat and pulverized, so much pressure being exterted on it that the underlying dirt was ground away to reveal stone, leaving a massive grey scar.
Eventually it reaches the city walls, and stops just outside, unmoving but for the fact that it's in midair.
Your characters are wherever you want them to be, really. Wat do?

Diana gazes up at the pyramid from atop her roof, eyes narrowed, arms crossed as she tilts her head slightly to the side. One foot taps lightly on the roof, impatient, before she speaks, her voice a quiet intonation.

"Malfeas, you who rules over all, greatest and mightiest of the Primordeals, hear me. Grant me but a measure of your eternal strength, and through the spark of the Exalt you placed within me guide me to my appointed task, and grant me the power to overcome any that may stand against me." The emerald pendant around her neck begins to glow, before bursting into a fist-sized flame that quickly engulfs her body.

With a burst of overwhelming heat, the flames vanished, replaced by armor, black as a moonless night, forged of the souls of the damned. Her hand outstretches, and within it is clasped a massive sword, half again as large as she, a single block of that same metal shaped into its blade, hilt, and handle.

"I don't know what that thing is... but if it's gonna try to kill me... I'm gonna kill it first."

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9532 on: January 22, 2014, 03:58:20 am »

Lilja taps the interface of her smartphone, hoping that whatever approaches can see.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9533 on: January 22, 2014, 04:02:31 am »

((Whoops was waiting for Elf.))

Several more hours pass, though the sun doesn't move from its position in the sky. Eventually, the people of the city succumb to curiosity and filter out of the tower over a period of an hour to gaze upon the edifice.
This is when several rectangular holes open up in each side of the pyramid and a seemingly endless series of half-meter cubes of the same material as the pyramid issue out from them. They almost seem to form streams of cubes, each heading to a different part of the city.
Characters do anything or no?
Sig! Onol

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #9534 on: January 22, 2014, 04:04:50 am »

She kicks off from the roof, heading toward the cubes. Might as well investigate.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9535 on: January 22, 2014, 04:08:30 am »

Lilja tracks them through the zoom function of her phone's camera.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9536 on: January 22, 2014, 04:14:50 am »

As it soon seems, there's an equal number of cubes as there are people in the city, and each cube is heading to a person. They're about 1/2 done. Do anything?
Y/N
Sig! Onol

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #9537 on: January 22, 2014, 04:16:46 am »

"... Well, let's see how tough these things are."

She winds up, spinning in mid-air, her blade wreathed in emerald flames as she slams it down on a cube, the massive soulsteel blade cutting into it with unnatural strength.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9538 on: January 22, 2014, 04:17:21 am »

Lucinda remains in the Duke's palace. He summons his Super-Ego.

Lilja gets ready for combat and remains in the palace.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9539 on: January 22, 2014, 04:22:01 am »

((Ehehe
Wait that's an Exalted thingy right? Just how strong/sharp is it?))
Sig! Onol
Pages: 1 ... 634 635 [636] 637 638 ... 919