Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 589 590 [591] 592 593 ... 919

Author Topic: Everything: Gaiden  (Read 521765 times)

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
Re: Everything: Gaiden
« Reply #8850 on: January 12, 2014, 10:59:12 pm »

The Wanderer gets in the rock and shakes her.
"Hey, Y'all okay."

Her eyes crack open a little, seeming groggy for just one moment... and then a emerald-colored symbol flares on her forehead, black armor suddenly encasing her body as she pushes back on him reflexively with strength far more than any girl her age should have.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #8851 on: January 12, 2014, 11:00:45 pm »

"Hey, Y'all okay."

Her eyes crack open a little, seeming groggy for just one moment... and then a emerald-colored symbol flares on her forehead, black armor suddenly encasing her body as she pushes back on him reflexively with strength far more than any girl her age should have.
The Wanderer stumbles back a bit.
"Ah heck miss, Y'all should just say somethin' before ya start hurting people."
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #8852 on: January 12, 2014, 11:03:38 pm »

"Hey, Y'all okay."

She blinks, then reaches up, rubbing her forehead. "Where... I... Who are you? Why am I not at..." She seems confused.
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8853 on: January 13, 2014, 12:19:01 am »

"Hey, Y'all okay."

She blinks, then reaches up, rubbing her forehead. "Where... I... Who are you? Why am I not at..." She seems confused.
"Well miss, Ah'm The Wanderer and yer probably not at where yer posed to be 'cause ya fell from the sky in this here meteor."
He offers her a hand.
"Now, less see about getting y'all out of this here meteor."

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8854 on: January 13, 2014, 12:33:40 am »

Avian creatures descend upon the crater. Their grey-crystalline forms randomly reflect, refract and distort all light that fall upon them, camouflaging them somewhat amongst rock; their individual light distortion pattern is unique, each one like a finger print to it. It's the size of a pigeon but its body consists of interlocking plates, arranged half-way between the shape of a dove and a paper crane. Although its hard to tell, there seems to be something within the chest region of each one, something shifting with each passing second, subtly altering the way light reflected off of it. Their eyeless, mouthless heads possessed a single aperture at the tip of the beak, perhaps a vestige of when they once had mouths and functional beaks, because it seems that now their beaks are merely there to streamline them, their ostensibly deformed head little more than a streamlined crystal. The flock descend around the crater in near perfect coordination and begin feasting on whatever residual magic there is. They spread their wings and hold them as far apart as possible, increasing the surface area as they clumsily waddle around.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8855 on: January 13, 2014, 12:35:52 am »

Avian creatures descend upon the crater. Their grey-crystalline forms randomly reflect, refract and distort all light that fall upon them, camouflaging them somewhat amongst rock; their individual light distortion pattern is unique, each one like a finger print to it. It's the size of a pigeon but its body consists of interlocking plates, arranged half-way between the shape of a dove and a paper crane. Although its hard to tell, there seems to be something within the chest region of each one, something shifting with each passing second, subtly altering the way light reflected off of it. Their eyeless, mouthless heads possessed a single aperture at the tip of the beak, perhaps a vestige of when they once had mouths and functional beaks, because it seems that now their beaks are merely there to streamline them, their ostensibly deformed head little more than a streamlined crystal. The flock descend around the crater in near perfect coordination and begin feasting on whatever residual magic there is. They spread their wings and hold them as far apart as possible, increasing the surface area as they clumsily waddle around.
The Wanderer turns around slowly, he appears to be holding something under his coat.

"Well howdy there folks, would y'all like to tell me what in the sam hell yer doin' here?"

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8856 on: January 13, 2014, 12:36:43 am »

They do not respond, merely wandering around, soaking up whatever magic they can.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8857 on: January 13, 2014, 12:38:18 am »

They do not respond, merely wandering around, soaking up whatever magic they can.
"Right then..."
The Wanderer turns back to the girl.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #8858 on: January 13, 2014, 12:41:16 am »

"Hey, Y'all okay."

"Well miss, Ah'm The Wanderer and yer probably not at where yer posed to be 'cause ya fell from the sky in this here meteor."
He offers her a hand.
"Now, less see about getting y'all out of this here meteor."

"Yes... thank you." She stands up, starting to haul herself out. once she extricates herself from the meteor, she starts to look around, squinting groggily as she sees the birds, hand covering her eyes as she sees the light glinting off of the birds.

Soaking up the malfean energies of the meteor would likely twist them in amusing and dangerous ways.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8859 on: January 13, 2014, 12:44:03 am »

"Right then, less get y'all to the Inn so you can sit down and recopercate befer these brid fellers get all up and nasty."
The Wanderer leads the girl to the Inn, one hand still resting on something in his coat.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #8860 on: January 13, 2014, 12:45:08 am »

Human Kyle is dicking about.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #8861 on: January 13, 2014, 12:47:36 am »

"Right then, less get y'all to the Inn so you can sit down and recopercate befer these brid fellers get all up and nasty."
The Wanderer leads the girl to the Inn, one hand still resting on something in his coat.
She nods, hauling herself out of the meteor... and promptly crashing to the ground. She'll probably have to be carried, or at least supported.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8862 on: January 13, 2014, 12:48:41 am »

Perhaps it were because of they were absorbing the weaker, near presence-less residue, or perhaps the various adaptions they possessed to ensure that their harvest could into influence them, they experience no noticeable mutations.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8863 on: January 13, 2014, 12:54:24 am »

She nods, hauling herself out of the meteor... and promptly crashing to the ground. She'll probably have to be carried, or at least supported.
"Ah heck miss, here, lemme help ya."
The Wanderer picks her up and carriers her out of the crater.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8864 on: January 13, 2014, 12:58:33 am »

The flock flies away. Zentol's Corruption, Fel Magic of The Twisting Nether, Malfean Energies. It mattered not, they were little more than a meal. They all generated echoes and it was these echoes they harvested. They returned to where the core was hidden, releasing the echoes into it to provide sustenance.
Pages: 1 ... 589 590 [591] 592 593 ... 919