Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 635 636 [637] 638 639 ... 919

Author Topic: Everything: Gaiden  (Read 521061 times)

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
Re: Everything: Gaiden
« Reply #9540 on: January 22, 2014, 04:29:10 am »

((Ehehe
Wait that's an Exalted thingy right? Just how strong/sharp is it?))

((One of the Five Celestial Materials. Infernals don't have one, so I just used the Abyssal one since why the hell not. Basically one of the five most magically potent materials in existence. nearly indestructible and really goddamn sharp. Also, steals the souls of shit it kills, IIRC.))
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #9541 on: January 22, 2014, 04:35:13 am »

((Well then.))

The blade cleaves through the cube like it was air, and it falls into two seperate halves that dissolve into shadow as they go towards the ground.
The reaction of the other cubes isn't pleasant. They unfold, almost, their surfaces rippling and pulsating, protruding triangular spines and waving spikes on tendrils. They begin to swarm the denizens of the city, spinning like tops, carving them to pieces before moving on to the next.
Any particularly keen eyed people would notice that any blood from their victims doesn't spill, but rather gets vaccumed into the cubes themselves.
All characters, 1 cube each approaches you, spinning at scary speeds, spikes of pure darkness pulsing in and out at random, and blades waving around ina mesmerising and deadly fashion! Wat do?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #9542 on: January 22, 2014, 04:40:33 am »

Whoops, I accidentally the city.

Oh well, never met any of them anyway. WHEE KILL ALL THE CUBES.

Diana seems to jump off of seemingly empty air, blade blazing with emerald flames as she jumps from cube to cube, swinging her massive cleaver of a sword through each in turn.
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9543 on: January 22, 2014, 04:42:01 am »

Lucinda's Super-Ego roars and repeatedly strikes the cubes with supernatural force. It's raison d'être was to enforce societys rules and punish any faux pas. It even becomes more powerful the greater the transgression. Calculated mass murder is a pretty big transgression.

Lilja laughs happily and unloads her entire clip into her attacker backing away from the cubes.

((Would someone outside the city or on an airship be attacked?))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9544 on: January 22, 2014, 04:47:45 am »

Eh sure, say 15 cubes attack the airship, aiming to take down the engines.
Sig! Onol

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9545 on: January 22, 2014, 04:53:29 am »

"Oh you have got to be fucking kidding me!"
Florencio fires a soul at the nearest cube, its rippling form streaking through the air into it.
"Shut the fuck up and get the fuck off!"
As it attaches, it snaps back to whence it came, sending a small, concussive shockwave straight into the cube. The magic inside the soul spreads into another empty soul which is forced out and snaps back again, repeating the cycle. This happens numerous times each second, propelling the cube away before the magic spreads to numerous souls at the same time, the combined snapback causing a concussive blast that launches it away at high speeds.

It wasn't exactly a lethal attack. Namely because Florencio isn't in the military, lethal magic wasn't going to be taught to civilians any time soon after all, so he had to make do with what he had.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9546 on: January 22, 2014, 05:02:32 am »

Whoops, I accidentally the city.

Oh well, never met any of them anyway. WHEE KILL ALL THE CUBES.

Diana seems to jump off of seemingly empty air, blade blazing with emerald flames as she jumps from cube to cube, swinging her massive cleaver of a sword through each in turn.
(this wasn't a roll)
Diana cuts through another cube before it has the chance to react, and gets into a battle with another one. They seem to be learning already, as it avoids touching the blade but instead attempts to dodge around it. However, a supernaturally strong knee to the ... cube sends it spiraling back out to sword range where it's obliterated. In the struggle, however, 3 more turned up. Seems they deem you a threat.
Wat do?
also roll 1d100.

Lucinda's Super-Ego roars and repeatedly strikes the cubes with supernatural force. It's raison d'être was to enforce societys rules and punish any faux pas. It even becomes more powerful the greater the transgression. Calculated mass murder is a pretty big transgression.

Lilja laughs happily and unloads her entire clip into her attacker backing away from the cubes.

(no rolls here)
The Super-Ego's blows crumple many of the cubes it comes into contact with. It suffers a few scratches, but it manages to go through around 4 before they seem to realize it's there and begin attacking. The Super-Ego faces ... 2 cubes!
Wat do?

(why would this be a roll you silly person)
Your bullets initially punch right through the cube, but it swiftly adapts and forms jagged, angular armor on the side facing you, deflecting the rest of the bullets with ease. It's whirling halts, and oddly thin filaments that look like arms reach for you as it pushes forward.
Wat do?
Sig! Onol

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #9547 on: January 22, 2014, 05:04:42 am »

"COME ON!" She grins, spreading out her arms. "COME AT ME, YOU METAL BITCHES!"

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9548 on: January 22, 2014, 05:05:26 am »

"Oh you have got to be fucking kidding me!"
Florencio fires a soul at the nearest cube, its rippling form streaking through the air into it.
"Shut the fuck up and get the fuck off!"
As it attaches, it snaps back to whence it came, sending a small, concussive shockwave straight into the cube. The magic inside the soul spreads into another empty soul which is forced out and snaps back again, repeating the cycle. This happens numerous times each second, propelling the cube away before the magic spreads to numerous souls at the same time, the combined snapback causing a concussive blast that launches it away at high speeds.

It wasn't exactly a lethal attack. Namely because Florencio isn't in the military, lethal magic wasn't going to be taught to civilians any time soon after all, so he had to make do with what he had.
(no rolls here, why do you ask)
The cubes seem to be oddly familiar with this method of attack, and promptly cheat somehow catch each other in their gravitational fields, and in a violation of physics that'll leave it crying in the corner for a while, fling themselves via using the momentum into the ship. Once there, they latch on and begin to saw through by rapidly rotating.
Sig! Onol

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9549 on: January 22, 2014, 05:11:18 am »

I hereby declare, with Deus Malus as my witness thus: armor is but a wearable shield and shields are but mere portable walls, hence armor is simply a wearable, portable wall. But a wearable portable wall is still a wall. Thus I declare with the authority vested in me as a Breacher, that their armor is null and void to my rifle as is with all walls!
[Charisma:6-3+2] [Pool:12]
[5/4]
Lilja summons another magazine and retreats whilst firing rounds that ignore its armor.
((Yes, she specializes in arguing such logic to the god/DM-avatar of her world.))

The Super-Ego does jack shit. The cubes were performing no transgressions, thus it had no reason to respond.
In the commotion, Lucinda runs away with Yukari.

Florencio draws his railgun and begins firing from a safe distance.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #9550 on: January 22, 2014, 05:20:47 am »

Okay, so if they actually attack her they get hit with a combination of her insane armor soak plus a charm that auto-counters their attacks by simply being so damn hard that it breaks shit.

I sleep now.

Sorry.

Wow.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9551 on: January 22, 2014, 05:23:01 am »

"COME ON!" She grins, spreading out her arms. "COME AT ME, YOU METAL BITCHES!"
(Ooh, lucky.
Well, kinda.)
Spreading out your arms was a mistake, it seems, as they seem eager to target them.
One cube misses your sword hand, but the other hits your opposite hand and wraps around it almost like a goo, suddenly becoming ubearably heavy. As your hand drops to the ground, the third cube takes the opportunity to rush into your stomach with a blunt hammerlike protrustion coming out of it.
Knocks the wind out of you, at least a bit.
Now then, you're in a bad situation. Don't know where the other cube went, the one that gutchecked you seems to be charging up some form of attack, and your hand's weighed down.
At least your sword hand's free.
Wat do?
I hereby declare, with Deus Malus as my witness thus: armor is but a wearable shield and shields are but mere portable walls, hence armor is simply a wearable, portable wall. But a wearable portable wall is still a wall. Thus I declare with the authority vested in me as a Breacher, that their armor is null and void to my rifle as is with all walls!
[Charisma:6-3+2] [Pool:12]
[5/4]
Lilja summons another magazine and retreats whilst firing rounds that ignore its armor.
((Yes, she specializes in arguing such logic to the god/DM-avatar of her world.))

The Super-Ego does jack shit. The cubes were performing no transgressions, thus it had no reason to respond.
In the commotion, Lucinda runs away with Yukari.

Florencio draws his railgun and begins firing from a safe distance.
(beep)
The cube gets staggered somewhat by these new shots, but seems to decide that it should remove said problem and lashes out with four tendrils toward the hand that's gripping the trigger.
Reaction bro?

(moo)
The cubes swamp the Super-Ego, doing the same thing as was done to flame sword girl, but over its entire body but its head.
It'll proabably fall to the ground and stay there unless it has extreme strength or something.

(this is a potato space)
There are no targets, as the cubes seem to have burrowed into the ship. You can hear a few of them grinding around, but they seem to be heading for the lower hold/the engine room/both.
Wat do?
Okay, so if they actually attack her they get hit with a combination of her insane armor soak plus a charm that auto-counters their attacks by simply being so damn hard that it breaks shit.

I sleep now.

Sorry.

Wow.
No problem - actually I have to do that myself.
It's just an immobilization thing that comes with being so damn heavy.
Sig! Onol

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9552 on: January 22, 2014, 05:27:13 am »

So yeah, goodnight all.
Will the Doge survive to be so doge?
Will Diana's hand get unstuck?
Will Xantalos get better at describing his polygon monsters?
Will we find out their mysterious motivations?
Who was that naked guy?
Find out next time on ...
Attack of the Murderous Polygons
Sig! Onol

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #9553 on: January 22, 2014, 05:27:50 am »

Yukari is already in wind form. She helps hide Fuuka and Wikus. She then heads off to see what's going on.

Kaori is helping the survivors.

The Pierrot siblings are trying to find a safe place, with Gilbert and Robert.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9554 on: January 22, 2014, 05:30:26 am »

oh now you come onlinezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Sig! Onol
Pages: 1 ... 635 636 [637] 638 639 ... 919